Davis Development Employee Reviews in Raleigh, NC

3.3Job Security & Advancement
Working at Davis
Leasing consultant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 23, 2015
I have only been working for a Davis property for about 6 months now. I really enjoy the office atmosphere and my managers are
AMAZING! As a leasing agent you feel rewarded when you do well so it pushes you to try your hardest!
Upper management has been by a few times as well which is nice so you can know who you are working for.
Pros
Great atmosphere, days off are flexible
Cons
slow months
Official response from Davis Development
August 3, 2017

We’re so glad to hear that you’re enjoying your time at Davis. We pride ourselves in creating a supportive environment based on mutual respect for everyone involved in the company, be them leasing staff, construction or corporate; to know that this lined up with your experience is nothing short of exciting!

Davis Development / Carolina Multifamily / Morrow Const.
Asst. Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Raleigh,NCJuly 12, 2013
In my estimation,they hire the lowest bid subs that they can get to do the work. Safety on the job site is overlooked. They make a joke out of the fact that they roll through Superintendents. No retention. The upper management hasn't a clue as to who is working hard on the job to get the work done and who is just collecting a check. The benefits program is a joke. You can find better benefits on your own. They hire you on as a salaried employee and then after your there they want you to work mega hours without even granting some comp time. During negotiation of the salary they say that there won't be those type of hours except for just every other Saturday. The owner of the company hasn't any backbone either. Doesn't return phone calls. I've worked for many reputable companies and even owned my own many years ago. This is not a good company to work with in my experience. It's a shame because they do have some subs that really work hard to get the job done irregardless of the lower bid numbers. In summation . Unorganized,poor planning,unsafe,fly by the seat of your pants construction. I really don't understand how they have gotten where they are. Good at taking advantage of people I guess. No scruples.
Get everything in writing!!! In the end the subs knew who was producing and helping them to make money and who wasn't. That is the bottom line.
Official response from Davis Development
August 3, 2017

Davis Development strives to meet expectations on all fronts, be it legally or morally, and to do so in a professional manor. The quality of our work is not something that is up for debate when we start a job, plenty of our long-term residents would be happy to attest to this. While we cannot speak for your experience, we ask readers to seek other references before making any judgments on our company or how we conduct business.