Davis Development Employee Review

View all Davis Development reviews

Unprofessional Work Setting
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 17, 2018
My time working with Davis Development was very short lived. I worked with the company for about 4 months and during that time I was very unsatisfied with my experience. I was not provided with any training (with no experience in the leasing industry), my manager was extremely unprofessional and several "behind the scenes" things were happening behind closed doors that could have gotten the company and property in trouble with Fair Housing laws. There was no constructive criticism given, instead if a mistake was made the management was extremely passive and would use it as a strike against you. The communication was also off - at one point our commission was cut and the decrease was never communicated with any of the employees. We were not aware of the decrease until we received our paychecks. Best of luck to those who decide to pursue a career with Davis' properties. The only perk is paid meals and receiving small incentives from leases.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Poor Management
September 27, 2018

We are very sorry to hear that your brief time with us was not ideal. We do our best to provide a positive experience for each employee, and we pride ourselves on having the industry's top leadership. We make a point of offering multiple available resources for all employees, and try to foster a positive and educational work environment. Unfortunately, there will always be instances where an employment will not work out, but we truly believe these experiences are few and far between. We wish you the best moving forward, and hope you are able to find a better fit.

Other Davis Development Employee Reviews

Davis is a wonderful company to work for
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 24, 2019
Fantastic work/life balance. Davis values their employees and trusts their community managers to make decisions on behalf of the company, community and team members. I have never been undermined by my superiors and if my decision is overruled, they allow me to deliver that news. All in all, working for Davis is much more like a family than other PM companies I've worked for.
August 28, 2019

We are so happy you feel the value and trust our leaders display. We try hard to ensure we keep our small family style of management even though we continue to grow. Without great employees like you we would not have the success we do....

Management were picking favorites.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 21, 2019
Management unknowingly had supervisors make things up and even made scenarios worse for people causing some to loose their jobs over false rumors? Be careful.
August 26, 2019

We do not do business in CA. We would suggest that you double check that you have posted to the correct company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Davis Development. Our community is ready to answer.