Davis Express

Davis Express Employee Reviews

Great equipment with low miles.
There’s a reason for the low miles. Ran good miles in the beginning, 3500 to 4200 miles in 7 days. But the miles where slipping away. You spent a lot of time sitting just under the required time needed to resceive layover. Then the 1800 mile club began. Week after week same thing just new stories about why there are no miles. Only a certain crowed received over 1800 miles. It didn’t matter what you did if your not one of the good old boys, no miles for you.
Speaking of layovers, driver managers where cute. Dispatch you after sitting 18 hours and send you somewhere to wait a couple hours before delivery just to break up the break. I believe if the owner knew about this he would of done something about it. I didn’t stick around to find out. It had potential, just wasn’t one of the cool kids.
Pros
Family ran, Good people, Good owner.
Cons
Low miles. Bad driver manager. Distpatch well....
Productive and great place to work.
It is a great company and the pay is great. They have some of the best equipment in the business the only thing was the home time I didn’t have enough home time with my family.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Not enough home time
Job security
Always work to complete, no spouse insurance available no raises no advancement opportunities no appreciation from owners no sick days must be willing to work some or all holidays.
Depends on what kind of driver you are
Micro managed up to the point you feel like your in pre school. Just a puppet . Sit on the side of roads by receivers after empty for your ten hour break or longer. Your ten hour break starts once you back in to get unloaded and then off duty drive to a place to finish break . Low miles. No communication there. Now they do keep up there equipment and Mr Davis is a good person but overall they could be much better but if you just do what they say and don’t ask questions then it might be a fit for someone
Pros
Well maintained equipment.. friendly atmosphere
Cons
Low miles.. just a puppet. Terrible home time policy .
Driver
do your job correctly and in a timely fashion and you will have nothing to worry about. pick up and deliver loads safely and promptly and be professional
Easy place to work
Only thing I would change at Davis is time at home. There is a lot of down time through the work week which should be directed towards the drivers home , that way some time could be spent at home instead of in the truck.
Seriously and sratght forward
Be ready to work long hours and sit around some and you are watched at all times and they will make sure that you are being a safe and effective driver and make sure that you have no problem
Pros
Really likesfamily with you and want the best for you
Cons
Sitting and not getting nough miles if you are a hard runner like I am
A place to Retire
A place to retire says it all. Everyone so so kind and helpful. Pay is great. Hometime is great. Management is always there to help. Great equipment. Everyone knows your name
Pros
Hometime
Cons
No pet policy
Nice and clean workplace with lots of travelers
a typical day at work usually includes making sales, cigarette count, stocking shelves, and making sure the bathrooms are clean and stocked. I believe the hardest part of the job is being short of staff when there is a call out and no one is available to help.
Pros
Free fountain drinks
Cons
short breaks, short of staff
Nice People but...
People there are nice but they are your typical trucking company when it comes to home time. Seven days out mostly sitting around making nothing and 48 hours exactly of home time from the point you leave your truck at their terminal to the point you start does not include travel time. They micro manage your every move telling you when to drive when to stop where to stop you're not a truck driver here you're a robot and the second you have a major accident you're gone even after 12 years of loyal service. They just don't care about their drivers just the money they can make off of you.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Bad home time, you might as well be a robot.
Great place to work all in all.
I didn't leave Davis Express either time, because of issues with them. The 1st time I left was because I thought I could be home more and make decent money hauling fruit here in Fl. The second was due to my father passing away and I had made him a promise to come off the road to help take care of my mom & his house in the event something happened to him first. The management likes to micro manage a little bit much, but it's not too bad. The hardest part for most people at Davis to get used to is dealing with Publix all the time and running mostly at night, then during the day when you the driver needs rest, the day shift has a habit of waking drivers for messages that can wait until your break is over. This too was not so bad, just hard to get used to for many.
Pros
Great equipment & people in offices and shop.
Cons
Interrupted breaks often. Regulate driver's miles.
Look for fangs behind that smile!
An ok company to work for, if you live by yourself. Home time is short. Your 48 hours off start as soon as you log off your Qualcomm. Seven days on and two off is just a slogan. You get to go home when your driver manager allows you to. That's if they are not being vindictive. If you get on their bad side, its low miles for you!
The recruiter will tell you that you could average 2200 miles a week. It's more like 1600. They pay layover only after 22 hours. So expect to sit at least 18 to 20 hours behind a publix store or at any of the Tyson slauter houses waiting for a load or a dispatch.

Everything you're promised as far as layover pay , detention pay or any of the benefits that they wave in front of you at recruitment time is hard to come by. If they do pay then it's retaliation time.

Lots of sitting and low miles store runs with two or three stores that only pay $15 a stop. About seven hours worth of work. Then back on break. At a store of course. God forbid if you drive to a truck stop for a decent meal or a shower. Don't you dare break up your off duty break to benefit you the driver. Driver manager needs that time so you could get it back after your 7th day on duty.

Personal time is given at the will of your driver manager. They don't care if it's your little girls birthday or your love ones. Regardless hard to come by. I wasn't there long enought to even get vacation time. What's that !

Health benefit are ok. Only you the employee gets them no family members. Family members get paid if you elect to purchase life insurance and you asign them as beneficiary and
 - more...
Pros
Good equipment with low miles.
Cons
Pay, health benefits, personal time, off time, no idea when your off to plan anything during your 48 hours off. No life.
not enough family time to much sitting
pay is good when u roll hard but when you don't it can be very frustrating
Pros
pay day
Cons
no time with family
If you don't run your e log like
Like a paper log or run Illegal you don't get your safety Bonus and will be wrote up they will try and leave a black mark on your dac report so be careful and you don't get a full 48 hours off only like 24 you have to call in and check in on your vacation time and home time
Pros
Run just the south east
Cons
No home time low pay no benefits
I hope their future is safe
I have nothing personal against anyone at davis. I as commercial driver have a duty to be safe as well as protect others with safety. While I was there some dispatchers tried to coherse me to drive illegal on many occasions but I refused. They didnt care for my safe drive practices so we parted ways.
Pros
South east regional
Cons
Possible retailiation if you dont drive illegal on occasion
family oriented
This is a family owned company and family oriented. They are honest people and work with you during difficult situations.
Friendly management and co-workers
Start the day off pretty much full speed answering phones, confirming loads, and monitoring drivers' status. I've learned how to multitask and to think on the fly sometimes. The management and co-workers are great people to work with. The most difficult part of the job is doing several things at once and trying not to forget some things. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling like you've accomplished something during the day without it falling all apart.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
***
Very nice equipment
Newer fleet of trucks and trailers. O.T.R. 7-10 days then hometime is
approx 48hrs, which starts from the time you log out of the truck. You must park tractor and trailer at the approved locations which may be far from home.
Pros
Nice Equipment
Cons
Forced Dispatch
Nice equipment
Nice equipment but customer service was lacking and the benefits were low
Pros
bonus
Cons
hard to get bonus
Contact potential drivers to qualify to become part of our driving team
Answer incoming recruit/safety calls, process applications including detailed confidential background checks.
Pros
great working environment, good mgt
Cons
travel distance