Davis Express Management reviews

A place to Retire
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Starke, FLMarch 20, 2018
A place to retire says it all. Everyone so so kind and helpful. Pay is great. Hometime is great. Management is always there to help. Great equipment. Everyone knows your name
Pros
Hometime
Cons
No pet policy
Great place to work all in all.
Company driver (Former Employee) –  Starke, FLJuly 18, 2015
I didn't leave Davis Express either time, because of issues with them. The 1st time I left was because I thought I could be home more and make decent money hauling fruit here in Fl. The second was due to my father passing away and I had made him a promise to come off the road to help take care of my mom & his house in the event something happened to him first. The management likes to micro manage a little bit much, but it's not too bad. The hardest part for most people at Davis to get used to is dealing with Publix all the time and running mostly at night, then during the day when you the driver needs rest, the day shift has a habit of waking drivers for messages that can wait until your break is over. This too was not so bad, just hard to get used to for many.
Pros
Great equipment & people in offices and shop.
Cons
Interrupted breaks often. Regulate driver's miles.
I hope their future is safe
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Starke, FLSeptember 25, 2014
I have nothing personal against anyone at davis. I as commercial driver have a duty to be safe as well as protect others with safety. While I was there some dispatchers tried to coherse me to drive illegal on many occasions but I refused. They didnt care for my safe drive practices so we parted ways.
Pros
South east regional
Cons
Possible retailiation if you dont drive illegal on occasion
Friendly management and co-workers
Driver Dispatcher/Manager (Current Employee) –  Starke, FLJuly 1, 2014
Start the day off pretty much full speed answering phones, confirming loads, and monitoring drivers' status. I've learned how to multitask and to think on the fly sometimes. The management and co-workers are great people to work with. The most difficult part of the job is doing several things at once and trying not to forget some things. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling like you've accomplished something during the day without it falling all apart.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
***