Davis Miles McGuire Gardner, PLLC Employee Reviews

Don't work there unless you are Mormon
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 26, 2018
They favor Mormons. If you are Mormon you can get away with murder regardless of whether or not it violates ethical or employment laws. It isn't all about money.
Adminstration is running the owners
PARALEGAL (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 30, 2018
Unfortunately, the admin team now believes the firm exists FOR THEM rather than they exist to serve the firm. They are the money spenders, not the money makers; but the money makers are given no viable workplace or support to do their jobs.
Pros
On the whole, the attorneys are very nice to work with. They have no control over the admin staff however.
Cons
Administration is self-serving
This job was not a good fit for me.
Attorney (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 7, 2018
I stuck it out here for 2 1/2 years, but I did not enjoy the work. Davis Miles was the Pre-Paid Legal/Legal Shield provider for Arizona. No direct client representation; no litigation work. If firm promoted from within, the attorneys who were promoted were often fired within 6 months of promotion. Pre-Paid Legal attorneys never received raises or performance evaluations and had quotas on the number of cases they had to close per day.
Pros
Worked from home/telecommuted
Cons
Quotas
laid back and quiet work enviroment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 24, 2018
Very busy, everyone kept to themselves. Lovely atmosphere, always coffee in the morning! Also sense of home when your here. Everyone looked out for each other.
Horrible place to work due to Admin Team
Paralegal/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 17, 2018
Some wonderful attorneys here, but unfortunately, the office is run by those who do not understand how valuable staff and attorneys are to the firm. Instead the partners have let the firm get away from them by allowing it to be run by the Administrative non-income producing group who are tyrants and demeaning to everyone not in their circle. They make their salaries on the backs of the staff, but treat the staff like dirt. One of the biggest turnovers of staff for any large firm in Arizona due to the manager, HR director and their team. Do not seek employment here. You will be underpaid, and treated with little respect. Their value statement is deceiving, since they do not live by it, and many good paralegals and legal assistants have left to find less stressful environments. Sad, since most of the attorneys are incredible, but they have no power to make it a good atmosphere for their staff. A perfect example of those who know nothing about the law or how to make the money, running the firm into the ground and making sure they get their own raises and bonuses.
Pros
Good attorneys
Cons
Management and HR, low salaries, low morale
Productive and Enjoyable
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZAugust 27, 2016
I worked part time scanning closed files into the computer system. My work environment was relaxed and paid very well. I learned how to work with ProLaw and excell
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Work can be boring at times
it was a very good place to work everyone was very friendly. over all it was a good enviroment.
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 15, 2014
at davis miles a typical day, was something like clocking in at 8:25am to start taking calls at 8:30am. at the job I would answer customers calls open files for them to speak to attorneys. they would give me a brief description I would type it all out and forward that to the appropriate attorney. I would also forward calls to attorneys faxes and type of paper work that would come into the office.
Pros
45min lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work!
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 8, 2014
This firm is a very family oriented firm and treats their employees very well! I would like to relocate to GA to be closer to family and that's why I am looking outside of the State of Arizona
Pros
family oriented
Dmmg
Human Resource Director (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 5, 2014
Family environment and great staff. Some staff have flexible hours that help accommodate families. I got to work with great vendor through out the years.