Davis Vision Incorporated Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Provider Database Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 5, 2018
great atmosphere and great place to work. Been there 8 years now I have enjoyed my time there. The company offers great benefits and the pay is pretty good too.
Pros
Downtown
Cons
Traffic
Smh
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 31, 2018
The turn around rate is horrible so you would think they’ll be happy to have new employees. Literally supervisors follow you around and listen to your conversations when you’re off the clock. Than they listen into your phone calls and deem that you’re not understanding. When they literally rush massive information within a training period. Than out of no where boom you’re fired smh. They need to hire new supervisors , they all seem power hungry and not really into what really matters. Which is the customers . There is a reason why they’re are always hiring poor manangement smh !! This place needs to fire all the supervisors and start fresh with people that actually care about other human truly. All people are trying to do is work and take care their family. Not get harassed just to fire someone smh
Pros
Quick money ...
Cons
Supervisors suck !!!! Horrible !!!
The call center in Latham - which is where I worked - was always a busy place. However . It was balanced with support from my manager.
CSR II (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYMarch 30, 2018
Until mid 2017, the call center at DV was busy but rewarding. We were recognized for our hard work. My manager made things fun and she was very invested in our success. Then a lot of things happened - the senior leadership in the call center left, they brought someone over from another area with no understanding of how the call center worked and, the worst part, was that she clearly had no respect for the frontline staff. She didn't care and she made it lnown. The only emails we ever got from her were to mandate is for OT. People atarted leaving in droves, so the rest of us got mandated for even more OT. Our manager left for a new job - who could blame her? - and I took a role in another part of the organization.
Pros
Other parts of DV seem okay.
Cons
Avoid the call center!
do not recommend
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYNovember 14, 2017
its great for a first job, or if you do not have commitments.
however management does not seem to care about employees much anymore. Its to the point where you are getting mandated every week without so much as a thank you or good job. The reason for the above mandates is that people are leaving faster then they can hire, the stress is not worth the horrible pay as this is quite possibly the lowest paying call center in the state of new york. the only benefit of this job is you have to TRY to get fired.
Pros
great vision plan good amount of time off
Cons
horrible pay very stressful super high turnover
Great company to work for.
Utilization Review Rep I (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2017
I loved my coworkers. The department I worked in (Utilization Management) was hard because of all of the insurance compliance that has to be met, that being said I would recommend this company in a heart beat but not this particular department.
Pros
Flexible hours
most enjoyable part
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYNovember 22, 2016
Davis was a professional but yet a fun job to have. I would take about 120-200 calls a day in regards to eye glass insurance. I loved pleasing customers everyday and the job itself was very easy.