Davison Community Schools Employee Reviews

Several Opportunities to work in several different posistions.
Transportation Assistant/ Lunch Monitor (Former Employee) –  Davison, MIJuly 16, 2018
Davison Community Schools has several different schools and positions to choose from. You can work in pretty much any capacity that you choose and any department. As for myself the Transportation Department was and always will be my favorite!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Great Boss and Staff (Transportation)
Cons
Vicious politics rather than children's best interest at certain schools, Worried about their "Name" more than their kids.
Pay is very sad.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Main Office at High SchoolMay 6, 2018
Enjoyed working there for the most part, but the pay was very poor, and your efforts above and beyond were not compensated. Staff and children were great.
Pros
Co-workers and staff were great. Children were sweet.
Cons
Pay and very stressful at times.
Enjoyed my time there
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Davison, MIOctober 16, 2017
This was a great job. I just wish that I could have lived on the wadges. No benefits. Co-workers and administration were all great to work with. Really the only downfall were the wadges.
Productive, fun workplace, Very interactive
After school club leader (Former Employee) –  Davison, MIAugust 12, 2017
I enjoyed working for Davison Community Schools. There was never a dull moment. Each day was filled with new experiences and energetic little people. The staff was helpful with answering questions. I definitely learned new ways to interact and build relationships with students.
The most challenging part of this job for me was adjusting to the special education children. It was exciting to experience and learn a new skill of behavior modification, positive reinforcement, which has helped me gain a clear perspective on the individuality of children.
Love my Students
Teacher-Kindergarten (Current Employee) –  Davison, MIJune 12, 2017
I have learned so much over the years. I have had a great time in that community and loved looking at all the smiling faces everyday. I have made so many bonds with all the families.
Pros
Great Families
Cons
Can be very stressful
Good place to work with children
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Davison, MIMay 31, 2017
In general it is an easy job watching children but can also have days that don't go as planned like any job defiantly a good job for someone looking to be a teacher.
Pros
good people
Cons
weird hours
Fast-paced and always changing workplace
Playground Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Davison, MIMay 23, 2017
Davison Community Schools can be stressful at some times due to the lack of assistance from the higher up principals, but overall an exciting and fast-paced place to work.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
No ways to increase pay, no benefits, no paid leave
Excellent workplace and support staff
Paraprofessional Special Education (Current Employee) –  Davison, MIJanuary 31, 2017
The staff at Davison Community Schools is always going above and beyond to exceed students expectations and making sure that everyone is successful.
Good experience to learn from
Transportation Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Davison, MIOctober 25, 2016
A Good experience to learn from and move on. OR A Great job for after retirement for Rehirement job for extra income.. No benefits left to acquire for the young and In need for benefits.. Frustrating and very stressful!!
Pros
Works with Kids school schedule
Cons
No benefits, split shift interfers with kids ability to do after school activities
Great Staff & Students
Davison Track & Field Coach (Current Employee) –  Davison, MIOctober 22, 2016
Teachers and students come to school everyday to work and get better as overall people. Teachers and students have a level of respect for each other that is not seen in a lot schools around the area.
Pros
Relationships
Cons
great place to work if you like children
bus monitor and substitute bus driver (Current Employee) –  Davison, MIAugust 10, 2016
co-workers and managements are great. work is stressful but fulfilling. pay and benefits could leave some to be desired. great career for those with children of their own at home
Fun workplace with lots of customer interaction
Youth Cheerleading Coach (Current Employee) –  Davison, MIMay 21, 2016
I loved everything about working for this company! The management, work environment, staff, and even the customers made this an amazing job opportunity for me.
easy job
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Davison, MIMay 10, 2016
At this place there was too many "bosses".
Really enjoyed being with the children every day
Co-Workers were so grumpy
management always changing
Overall this is a great place to work.
Being a Substitute Secretary I (Current Employee) –  Davison, MIOctober 20, 2015
As a Substitute Secretary a typical day at work involves me going to a school that I may or may not have worked at before. I introduce myself to the principal & other office personnel. I then take my place at the desk I will be using for the day, start up the computer & get started with the normal daily routine that the particular secretary may have. I learned how to operate the job specific computer program as well as gained experience with secretarial operations. Working directly with management and co-workers was a great team building experience for me. The hardest part of the job is handling the sick children. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with all of the different people and working in the office setting.
Good school district
Classroom Teacher (Former Employee) –  Davison, MIJune 16, 2015
Pay could be more, you will have a very supportive staff and work environment. Co-workers are really nice. Bad part is that you do not get regular pay raises.
Good Job
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Davison, MIJune 8, 2015
I would continue working here for as long as possible. It just requires having a second job to support a family on. It is the best job I have ever had.
Great Teachers and Staff memebers
Long-Term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Davison, MIFebruary 18, 2015
Loved working with the educators and supervisors throughout the district, It was great to know you could count on well written lesson plans and mostly well behaved students.
Caring and Multitasking
CO-OP STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Davison, MIOctober 21, 2013
A typical day of work would be to come in, clock in, and look at the stack of orders I had and would type them in the machine then package and continue to do more until I had to clock out. I learned multitasking skills and some technical work with the copy machines. I also learned time management and how to take care of situations if something went wrong. I only had one co-worker who was actually my supervisor and she was very nice. The hardest part was when there was not much left to copy and work would be really slow but the most enjoyable part was being able to use my organizational skills in keeping everything neat and clean.