Dawn Foods Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great working enviorment
Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 17, 2018
Dawn is a growing company that not only serves and helps their customer but also their employees. Managers and supervisors are respectful and hreat to get along with.
Pros
Benefits, great working enviorment
Cons
Lengthy hours
Dawn's foods I would recommend
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 11, 2018
I loved working for Dawn I would go back if I could. I thought I had a better job, but Dawn culture was different it was more like family and fun place to work cause of the people.
great friendship
Environmental Control (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 26, 2018
Great company! to work for thanks.the people are great the benefits are good and it is close to home. if i had one thing to say about this company is that my time there was interesting.
Pros
great folks
Cons
the 401 k is losing money.
I have said enough
Dawn Employee (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 22, 2018
I have said enough in other sections on how many of us at Dawn foods in Denver feel. We are taken for granted and used and thrown to the wolves 99% of the time. Contacts don't mean anything to the company. They revoke your contracts after they think something not right and make you resign another contract. MAny people in Dawn foods Denver have been screwed over on their yearly salary due to this. Health Benefits here are good along with many of the perks though. Not all people here at Dawn are bad.
I love this place when I work there it was fun to work. Very motived and
Cake decorator (Former Employee) –  Concord york Pa 17402February 21, 2018
Very nice place to work. I love to decorate cakes so I really enjoy my time working at Dawn foods. The Managers and Supervisors there were very friendly and polite.
Pros
Eat free cake 😊 and discouts .
Cons
The paid was kind of low and they change the shift to much.
Overwhelming and over worked
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 16, 2018
The average work day is at least 12 hours. Working six days a week. The employees are so over worked they argue and some slack off and cause more work for the other employees. The supervisors and mangers are very unprofessional.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No life
Enjoyed working the people we all got along and worked together
palletizer (Former Employee) –  Manteno, ILFebruary 16, 2018
I would come into work set up everything for the day made sure the machines were in working order, get the paper work ready for the day. went to the other side and helped them get ready to start
Pros
working as a team
Cons
the long hours
Bakery Distribution Company - International
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 12, 2018
High paced, very lean on associates to handle work load
Corporate Office is excellent, very well run with appropriate resources and training. Branches are stretched very thin on resources, training and very low morale.
Management for this branch was Micro- Managed like I have never seen before. This resulted in many inefficiencies.
Hardest part of the job - was leaving for the day when you never felt good about having things buttoned up and that you did a good job, because the work load was never ending and they lacked the resources to complete them.
Best part of the Job was working with the customers when you were able to get away from the Distribution Center.
Pros
Working with the Customers
Cons
Overwhelming work load and hours.
Big Company with Many Locations
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 8, 2018
I was fortunate to have one of the best managers thus far in my career. She fought for me, supported, and mentored me. Overall, the location I worked in was mismanaged, hence the plant closing. The corporate office did not handle the employees well and offered positions in other locations that were not really available. There are some spotty upper management that demonstrated unprofessional and unethical behavior by crossing boundaries with lower level staff. I was very protected but it seemed there was a great deal of politics and gossip throughout the plant.
Pros
Free Cake, Casual Dress Code
Cons
Too Much Drama and Politics
Stressful and Hard on body
Decorator (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 6, 2018
Very fast paced - made it very hard for new people to catch-up
Supervisors were willing to teach you to learn new things - If you wanted to learn
Some co-workers were only worried about themselves and rude to others
fast pace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJanuary 22, 2018
working in a factory you have to be a fast pace worker in order to keep up with the assembly line and produce product in a timely manner. my overall experience working at Dawns Food was poor and I say that because of the the way i was treated during and after my work injury
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management failed at showing concern during a work injury
Day of production
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 31, 2017
I would stay with Dawn foods if it had an IT department in Colorado, however, the department only exists in Jackson Michigan. It can be a great place to work 98% of the time. It is an old building and that can create some unforeseen problems. I can't completely say that it is a fun place to work, I start my day saying hello to co-workers and management, look at the general list of duties and start at the top and work my way down this starts my 10 hour day. the hardest part of my job is working in conjunction with the duties of other co-workers in their departments. I would be content with my job, however, there is no room to move into the career path that I have chosen to gain a BA degree which is Information Technology.
Pros
Good working environment.
Cons
No room for advancement.
Enjoyable work environment
Technical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIDecember 29, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed training new employees. Was able to make my own hours per week and decide what stores to visit based on their needs. Was able to use my bakery skills at my job.
Pros
Company car to travel to stores.
Cons
let go due to downsizing.
Dawn Foodsd is your choice.
Break relief (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MODecember 29, 2017
Work place culture was very similar to high school. There was cliques and an amazing amount of gossip. I did enjoy many of the people that I worked with and for the most part they made the days enjoyable.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Not knowing how long your day would be
Mid level management is poor.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MINovember 24, 2017
Mid level management gave no support. Pricing and product availability were major issues in this market due to distribution by local purveyors. Management felt prospects would purchase because of "service" but the local vendors offered services that were not available due to geographical location in the immediate area.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Lack of support, guidence and help from management.
Lack of training
Operations Asst/ Logistics Coordinator, Ship Clerk (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 17, 2017
The lack of training was because this was a newly created job and the manager got sick and went into the hospital and never came back. I had to leave because there was no one to train me.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
Lack of training
good place to work at
Machine Operator And Prodution (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 4, 2017
It was a ggod place to work at. I enjoyed working there. i like to stay busy. thats a very good pleace for that. you just work alot. Good peole to work with.
Not consistant in hours
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Manteno, ILOctober 5, 2017
Great place to work for when started. As they changed production Managers on a regular basis. Managers are not team players. Hours often varied, due to loss of some accounts. Great employees.
not very many company functions, everyone is more or less on their own
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXSeptember 10, 2017
Was a great place to work till about 2 years ago when the culture started changing with new management and corporate decisions in regards to profit vs service to our customers. I love what I do, but do not enjoy working for my current manager. Does not treat us with the respect and courtesy that we all deserve, plus there will be a "pay plan" change that is not beneficial to the sales reps coming in 3 months.
Pros
employees try to help each other
Cons
stress level very high due to management
Stress filled, fast-paced, too many chiefs going in opposite directions, Idiots in Charge losing too much money trying to go too fast for the equipmen
Food Service Specialist/Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOSeptember 4, 2017
No incentive to arrive early and inspect what is going on bc you are only allowed to clock in 5 minutes early. Quantity is more important than quality.
Pros
Friendships you make under these highly stress full conditions.
Cons
Harassment that often takes place due to their perceptions of laziness or dislikes.