Dawn Homes Management LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
amazing place to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 16, 2018
Middle to upper management is very hands on and always there to help when needed. The company is willing to spend the money to fix problems, or upgrade the properties, instead of just putting a band-aid on it. The training i have received I could not of gotten anywhere else. Company is always willing to help you advance yourself personally and professionally. DHM prides itself on being a team based company, everyone looks out for each other.
I truly enjoy coming to work every day.
Pros
good work enviroment, advancement opertunities, training
Great company to work for with an excellent team~
Senior Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 15, 2018
I've been employed with Dawn Homes for over 4 years now after this company was highly recommended by a friend, who is still also employed and very happy with this company. I even left and came back. I am very comfortable with my job and enjoy working here. My entire team from co-workers to regional managers to our corporate office staff are ALL great to work for/with and very easy to communicate with. I highly recommend applying to work here!
Great place to work!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 15, 2018
I have been with the company for four years and have no intentions of leaving! It's a great feeling to enjoy going to work! Each day is different, upper management is fully supportive of their staff-they treat you like family, and the training you receive on the job is endless.
Pros
Pto, 401K, and Rental Discounts
Cons
Health Insurance Cost
Great company to work for
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYMarch 15, 2018
I enjoy my job and the people I work with. It's a good paying job and there is lots of room for moving up in the company! They really have worked with me and my family. They were extremely understanding during my family emergencies. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Great group of people
Very Happy
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 16, 2018
I have been with DHM for 3 years now and am very happy. I came to this company after a 6 year tenure with another property management company, and will say I learned more and felt more confident after my first year with DHM than I did with my previous employer. They take the time to teach you correctly.
All jobs can be stressful, however, I trust my regional manager and upper management to keep my best interest at heart - they pay attention to the staff and genuinely care. The company carries a "do whatever it takes to make it right" attitude - and that isn't just for the residents, but for the employees as well.
Like anything in life - if you give them your best, you will get their best in return.
Pros
Management; Flexibility and Family first attitude
Cons
Insurance price (not their fault)
Maintenance Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 30, 2018
Been with company for almost 10 years. They are very family oriented and flexible with our needs. Coming to work is never an issue cause of my co workers and management staff.
Pros
Co-workers, Family Oriented, Flexibility
Cons
Insurance increases, Pay
I love my job
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 4, 2018
I haven't been so happy at a job before. Management takes their time to teach you the ropes without judgment or criticism. All feed back is productive
Pros
great management, great hours
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 10, 2017
Have been with the company for a few years. Enjoy the people I work with. Started as a maintenance tech and was promoted to management. Regional management is supportive to their staff.
Happy I found this job!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 10, 2017
I started out as a Leasing Consultant with the intent to leave once I graduated college and here I am in a management position 6 years later. The company has been very supportive of me and I have made this into my career. This is a busy business and I really enjoy it.
Pros
co-workers, paid holidays
Cons
no vision insurance
Best Company I've Worked For
Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 4, 2017
I have been with the company for several years now and I can honestly say that I love coming to work every single day. Everyone that I have ever worked with has been very friendly and professional. The work place is enjoyable and fun! I am so happy and lucky to be a part of this amazing company!
Pros
Co-workers, Management, Flexibility
Cons
Healthcare
Poor Management
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYSeptember 3, 2017
Unable to retain employees due to poor management. Constantly hiring for the same positions. Management is very unprofessional and uneducated. Their regional staff needs to get better control on monitoring their staff.
Pros
Non
Cons
Fast pace fun work place. It's exciting to enjoy what you do for a living.
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 25, 2017
i was hired right out of the food service industry. I absolutely love the ladies in the office here at Grant Village. It's a wonderful work environment and I'm very happy to be given to opportunity to work for such an awesome company.
Pros
PTO and Vacation time!!!
Cons
Short breaks and it's sort of far from home. But well with the 45 minute drive in everyday!
Very fast paced, fun place to work.
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 20, 2017
I've been at DHM for about 3 months and the staff/upper management are all so friendly and easy to work with. Sometimes we get free lunch when it's been a hard week. Went through three interviews and felt super comfortable with all three interviews! They decided to move forward right away and were willing to wait for me to give two and a half weeks notice to my employer in order to make it a smooth transition
Pros
Advancement, steady schedule
Cons
Short lunches, expensive healthcare
Great Career!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 20, 2017
I have been working for DHM for almost 2 years and love it. I was able to take maternity leave early on in my employment with no hassle and additionally was promoted 6 months later. I cannot imagine working for a company with a better work life balance. Great place to work!
Pros
Pto, management, work/life balance
Cons
Healthcare
Fired for Family
Maintenance Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Harborside Manor Liverpool NYJune 22, 2017
I was let go after 2 months of employment for "harassment" when in actuality, one of my two immediate bosses' brother was looking for a job there. Oh, did I mention I was let go one hour before I was supposed to interview him for a maintenance tech. position? Yeah...
Cons
Back stabbing, lying middle management.
They take advantage of you - No Leadership
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYFebruary 9, 2017
By far the most toxic company I have ever worked for. Does Not care about their employees and cares less about their tenants. Putting band aids over serious issues only to revisit them later. Refuses to supply employees with proper equipment, while expecting above and beyond standards. Paid time off is NOT guaranteed. Upper Management is extremely unprofessional and untrustworthy. Working conditions could be very hazardous to long term health. There are much better companies to devote your time to.
Pros
Leaving DHM, and not looking back.
Cons
Health care is not affordable. Management is conniving. Wage is not worth the constant headaches.
Glad to be gone.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  New York StateFebruary 7, 2017
The quality of my life has improved greatly since leaving this company. Do not trust management, they are not professional. I watched as they made things very personal in the termination of several of their employees. True colors came out.
Pros
Everything I loved was slowly taken away.
Cons
Management.
job sucked
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2016
plain and simple place sucked to work for.No matter what you do they are never happy with your work and always have something negative to say about you and the work you do,
Pros
Cons
everything
Dont waste your time
manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 23, 2015
They want over qualified people to work for peanuts. They are all about the money and not about the employees. They are a joke and not only cant they keep employees but they cant keep tenants long term either!!
Pros
Cons
everything especially the wage
Bad Management
Maintenance Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Harborside Manor; Pearl Street ApartmentsAugust 10, 2015
This company is not worth investing your hard work in. They do not care about their employees, only the income that they can bring in.