Day Kimball Healthcare Employee Reviews

Fast Paced
Patient Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Danielson, CTApril 28, 2018
Very busy office with multiple phone lines ringing, and constant patient flow. Multitasking is a high priority here, and has made as an excellent way to prefect my skills. Management (direct) is very helpful and supportive to all of our needs and requests. The hardest part of the job would be, keeping the doctors on time during their very tight, and busy schedules. The most enjoyable part of the job, is the relationships that you create with your patients, and co-workers. It can be very rewarding by just going that little extra mile for your patients in making their experience at your office a memorable one.
Poor management and communication within the department
IT (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CTMarch 28, 2018
I worked 8 hours daily, had to use a time clock due to I was hourly. If you missed you clocking they make a note of this and use it against you. You can bust your butt and do your best but that won't be enough for a certain department at Day Kimball Hospital. There is lack of communication and teamwork. When all is said and done they cut your position and post it at a lower position on indeed.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
poor management, lack of communication and team work.
Fun place to work
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Putnam, CT 06260October 24, 2017
I have learned so much working here. I just need to be paid more for the amount of work I do. I am doing work for 2 people due to them not replacing a person who quit and I willingly took it on with no hesitation but have not been compensated for the work.
Ur/pct
UR/PCT (Current Employee) –  Putnam, CTSeptember 26, 2017
I do EKG's, Blood draws, Toilet patients, help MD's and PA's with procedures. I have learned many things at DKH, the management is pretty good there lots of experience and to keep learning new things.
Very nice place to work.
Administrative Assistant - Quality/Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Putnam, CT 06260September 21, 2017
DKH has been a wonderful experience. My department was comprised of wonderful people. My manager was wonderful and always took her staff into consideration.

Our department was hectic, fast-paced but we worked well together. It is with great sadness I find myself looking for a full time position but I need to help finance my family.
Pros
My department was comprised of a wonderful group of people.
Cons
Due to financial reasons, my position was changed to part time.
culture is really improving here
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CTJune 17, 2017
Day Kimball has seen some struggles within the last 5 years but it really seems like things are starting to turn around. New management has moved in and the culture is shifting in a great way. Alot of experienced people to learn from and in general a great crew to work with.
Unit Receptionist/Patient Care Technician
Unit Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Putnam, CTNovember 26, 2016
I have been employed at DKH since the early 2000's and have seen many changes. I enjoy my job and my coworkers but unfortunately, many have left due to poor wages and expensive health insurance. Recently, there is a lack of recognition for years of service and many positions are left without room for growth and advancement.
Pros
Great coworkers, helping community members
Cons
Poor wages, expensive health insurance
horrible upper management and hr director
Technician (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CTOctober 28, 2016
No team work. Management out for themselves no raise in years they will dissolve positions from senior employees once you've trained new hires for your job after 20 yrs of service. Pay is horrible compared to any other hospital in a 100 mile radius
Pros
Cons
employees have no job security can be dropped any time for any reason
Emergency Department
Patient Care Technician/Unit Receptionist EDt (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CTMarch 30, 2016
I was a budget cut from the Maternal Child Health Unit and had a few options of what department to go to. I chose the Emergency Department because I knew it would a challenge and it also scared me. I worked 40 hours a week on nights. I learned a lot from performing EKG's, obtaining bloods and urines, performing point of care testing. I also loved the fact that the doctors loved to teach. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a great team of doctors, nurses and other patient care techs.
Some of the hardest parts of my job would be pediatric deaths. Those always hurt the most, especially when you have to keep your poker face on during the whole code trying to save a child's life and then breaking down after the MD calls time of death. Also working third shift you have no resources like the other shift do, so we are doing more such as transports, housekeeping, and more patients with less Nurses, MDs and Techs.
Management at Day Kimball has been through many trials and errors. The new ED director just began working there in the past few months. Since being there I have had 2 other ED Nurse Directors. Each of them telling me certain things that one said I could do and other said I couldn't do, so the communication was poor.
Pros
Great MD's, Nurse's and Tech's to work with and learning a lot with trauma's, moderate sedation for reductions on limbs and a fast working enviorment.
Horrible Upper Management
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Putnam, CTDecember 29, 2015
DKH has gone downhill over the years. They cut benefits, change rules in certain departments to suit their own needs. Never any mention of what upper management is losing with all the cut backs.
Cons
pay not up to scale with other health institutions.
Small organization in Northeast CT
Director of Peri-Operative and MCH (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CTDecember 1, 2015
There was a lot of quality support. The organization was a stand alone and had great maternity and surgical outcomes. While I was there I had great pleasure in being on the team for OR certification.
Overall a good place to work with great coworkers
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Behavioral HealthAugust 13, 2015
I enjoy coming to work each day and I have learned a tremendous amount about the Behavioral Health world. I have grown a biller and a professional.
My co-workers a understanding, professional and an asset to me.
the hardest part of my job and if I see a problem I like to fix it right awaya nd in a big corpoartion it sometimes takes time.
The best part of my job is the flexibity.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
health insurance is high.
Day Kimball is an excellent healthcare facility, I love it.
Network Technician II (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CTDecember 5, 2014
my day consists of answering the help desk phones and attending to users computer related problems. many times this will involve other members of our infrastructure team. there are any number of issues and problems that could happen and we fight many fires during a typical day, we could be fighting computer viruses or configuring new equipment for a new medical office or installing new software to keep up with the current trends in medicine. there is always something that needs to be fixed or installed or taken care of in our IT department and there is never a dull moment. we have our own in-house phone system so this adds yet another layer of trouble shooting to the mix.
Pros
friendly staff and supportive management
Cons
budget constraints due to state cutbacks
A great Learning Experience!
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CtOctober 8, 2014
Every day was different! You never knew where you were going to end up being the per diem employee. It made the job such a great place to learn and stay fresh.
Assisting Patients
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CTAugust 15, 2014
Answering patient questions and concerns with their current. Set up patient with payment arrangements for upcoming procedures and past balances. Review accounts prior to going to collections or atty. Assisted atty's w/medical documents. Worked with Medical records on getting documents needed for up coming trials. Most enjoyable part is assisting patients with their needs.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor management
Great Human Resources Department
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE, MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Putnam, CTAugust 11, 2014
Fellow employees are very nice and helpful. Staff is willing to help out each other for the most part. I learned some new skills on the job.
Positive and helpful employees
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE, MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Putnam, CT 06260June 20, 2014
People are welcoming and eager to help which was one of the most enjoyable part of working there. I furthered my knowledge which in turn strengthened my skills.
Pros
Shift and Weekend Differentials
A fantastic team of health care professionals
Hospice/Care of the Sick Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CTMarch 26, 2014
As a life-long resident of Northeast Connecticut, Day Kimball Hospital has always been my community hospital of choice. I had dealt with many of Day Kimball Healthcare's managers when I was employed as an printing sales representative and was grateful to continue that relationship when I was hired as a CNA.

When I became involved in health care as an aide, I was hired as a Home Health Aide in the Hospice and HomeCare division. The support and training that I received as a new aide were vital to my confidence and success. My preceptor was a Certified Hospice Home Health Aide with over 30 years of experience. She continues to be a fabulous asset to that department!

I was privileged to work with a multidisciplinary team which included nurses, social workers, a chaplain, bereavement counselor and medical director. I learned a great deal from this collaborative approach and also from the in-service training and meetings we attended.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people with whom I worked and the families whose lives we were able to touch.
Productive and a great place for advancement
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  putnam, ctJanuary 29, 2014
It was a great place to work. There were places for advancement within the hospital. It is a great place to learn in the spectrum of how a hospital works.
very caring work enviroment and family friendly
Correspondent (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CTAugust 4, 2012
Over all i enjoyed working at Day Kimball ealth care. It was a fun enviroment and very kind staff there as well. Managment was fair and always tried there best to help. The hardest part of the job was to call a loved one for the bills due after they had passed away. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping someone. I learned a lot about collections and insurance denials.
Pros
great food in the cafe and not that expensive
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Day Kimball Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.8

1.5Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Day Kimball Healthcare Reviews by Location