Daybreak Venture, LLC Employee Reviews

Great
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 10, 2018
While the company may have had its challenges over the years, currently it has very strong operational and clinical teams. The Administrator has automy to grow census, engage employees, and progress change.
Pros
Teamwork, Benefits, Leadership
Cons
All LTC can be stressful at times.
Horrible place of employment with a high turnover everywhere
Dietary Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort worth TXNovember 8, 2018
This place will use you promise you things and not follow through and then let you go or ask you to resign. Every management dept is turned over constantly and they are very understaffed all the time.
Pros
Offered a good pay rate
Cons
Offered a good pay rate so they can work you relentlessly then get rid of you
Bottom line driven. Behind the times.
Pta full time (Current Employee) –  Central texasNovember 3, 2018
Daybreak does not value it's employees. Compensation is low, pto is not guaranteed, benefits are the worst I've had in 15 years, the do not even provide direct deposit. No online education portal or anything. No 401k.

It's a dumpster fire of a company who would throw you under the bus in a second. Every week all employees have to sign new inservice forms to cover the company butt and put all liability on you. No workmans comp. I have no idea how this business has stayed alive since their last bankruptcy.

Patients are numbers, employees are numbers . That's it. At least that's the perception. They took over our facility 8 months ago and everything has gone downhill. Constant understaffed , revolving door. All the good employees are finding better companies to work for and they are just hiring whoever they can regardless of patient care or ethics. It's sad.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Everything else
Extremely poor management
Wound care nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 2, 2018
Worked there for one month and went through 2 D.O.N.'s , then they tried to brow beat me into doing scheduling, when I was doing wound care and ADON work for 1 price. POOR practice !!!
Bull
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXOctober 6, 2018
Horrible Adon, Horrible kitchen staff, horrible co-workers Period. Everyone tears everyone down. Nobody talks to anyone with respect. Residents are treated terribly as well as the CNA's. The schedule they are on now is horrible. Everyone had already quit because of the schedule and now they can't keep anybody also because of the schedule. It's terrible here. The Original D.o.n should have never quit. I can't wait to leave this place and get another job which is happening soon. Btw I'm working just weekends. Like seriously?! My pay has went down because of it but choosing to work double weekends was way better then working monday-friday every week.
Horrible overworked and underpaid
Residential Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Short handed all the time underpaid for the hours worked and labor put in. Management is a joke unless your liked by them.when things where brought to there attention they decided what was in a hurry and what wasn't.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Horrible work environment, no team effort, no days off
Director of nurses (Former Employee) –  Sweetwater, TXSeptember 4, 2018
The building was great there have been changes within the company management not always so great they tend to focus on the money aspect a little more but with all of the cuts by the government I can see why. Overall I always had support when I needed it just a phone call away.
Magnified health and rehab college station texas
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  College station texasAugust 30, 2018
Cnas at magnified are treated bottom of the barrel.they are not appreciated at all they don't get raises at all I have noticed them get new ac unit new refrigerator and new trash bends but aids that have been there for years are not entitled to raises because it's not in the budget if I were them I'd walk out and let the head department and residents take care of themselves and see how that works out. You don't want to pay the aids who do all the work then you don't need them
Cons
Hour breaks no raises other departments getting fair pay
Cubicle farm fun people to work with.
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 29, 2018
A typical day is very easy going and stress free. Month end close is when it gets pretty hectic. Upper management says they care but when asked do little to nothing. Its all about the appearance of being successful.
Pros
Sometimes you have lunch catered.
Cons
No room for advancement.
Enjoyed working here
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXAugust 26, 2018
Salary was less than offered when hired due to mgmt change. I would have like for mgmt to show up at night to view how work is performed by employees.
Horrible moral now
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Karnes cityAugust 13, 2018
I would not recommend this place to anyone. The administration sucks and is very rude and belittling to employees. I use to love coming to work and can't wait to leave
Pros
Cons
Dealing with a belittling administrator
Great spot
PRN PTA (Current Employee) –  Refugio, TXJuly 9, 2018
This is a wonderful system to work in and a great environment. The DOR is wonderful and very helpful. Haven't had the pleasure of knowing all staff but from the ones I have met, it is a great team.
Pros
Good collaboration
Cons
Usually alone
Good working environment
Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant, DOR (Current Employee) –  Floresville, TXJuly 6, 2018
As a Director of the Rehab department, I am responsible for maintaining a good working environment with resident and staff. We maintain a high standard of productivity while performing the various duties that are required in this setting.
See below
REGIONAL NURSE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Denton, TX 76201July 4, 2018
I worked my assigned facilities, my job to assist to ensure our residents received quality of life and quality care from our staff. The most enjoyable was the past seven years growing and developing a strong administrative team and taking ownership of our companies goals and expectations in regard to care,
Pros
I worked with the team for five years.
Daybreak Ventures
Regional Consultant Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 21, 2018
Company is corrupt and unethical. Poor management and leadership. Turnover rate is horrible due to poor pay and poor morale. Company has been in trouble many times with government.
Pros
Cons
See above
Horrible company to work for
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXMay 29, 2018
No potential for advancement regardless of experience. No pay raises or yearly evaluations done in over two years. Pay raises "frozen" or so we were told. Corporate office runs on the buddy system. Its about who you know not what you know. Buildings are old and run down and corporate turns a blind eye even when it comes to the safety of those they have been entrusted to care for. They do not care about the employees either. It is all about making money, not taking care of anyone else.
Pros
Cons
Short staffed overworked and underpaid
excellent
Licensed and Certified Speech Pathologist (Former Employee) –  West, TXMay 19, 2018
Excellent company, great teamwork environment, profound respect for each patient served. I worked as consistent PRN 4-days per week and the company was very pleased with my professional skills, my work ethic and teamwork disposition.
lack of comunication
Regional Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 10, 2018
The company … I would like to say that the company has the ability to do great. The current chiefs has decided to cut our jobs to save money, but not realizing what we brought to the table. Now they are forced to contract all outside contractors. Good luck
Pros
great team
Cons
Hurry up and wait and then do nothing about it.
Fun activites
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hondo, TXApril 3, 2018
The hardest part of this job was not having enough cna's on the floor to get the the job done. The mangagment was up and down there was always different Directors of nursing no one ever lasted more than a year.
Pros
You get paid vacations and good benifits
Cons
You have to find your own replacement if you kall in
Excellent staff and resident care
Licensed Nursing Facility Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXMarch 20, 2018
I enjoyed working at this facility very much. Resident care was excellent, and staff worked as a cohesive team. I would recommend this facility to families seeking placement as well as potential employees.