Daybreak Venture, LLC Employee Reviews

Bottom line driven. Behind the times.
Pta full time (Current Employee) –  Central texasNovember 3, 2018
Daybreak does not value it's employees. Compensation is low, pto is not guaranteed, benefits are the worst I've had in 15 years, the do not even provide direct deposit. No online education portal or anything. No 401k.

It's a dumpster fire of a company who would throw you under the bus in a second. Every week all employees have to sign new inservice forms to cover the company butt and put all liability on you. No workmans comp. I have no idea how this business has stayed alive since their last bankruptcy.

Patients are numbers, employees are numbers . That's it. At least that's the perception. They took over our facility 8 months ago and everything has gone downhill. Constant understaffed , revolving door. All the good employees are finding better companies to work for and they are just hiring whoever they can regardless of patient care or ethics. It's sad.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Everything else
Magnified health and rehab college station texas
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  College station texasAugust 30, 2018
Cnas at magnified are treated bottom of the barrel.they are not appreciated at all they don't get raises at all I have noticed them get new ac unit new refrigerator and new trash bends but aids that have been there for years are not entitled to raises because it's not in the budget if I were them I'd walk out and let the head department and residents take care of themselves and see how that works out. You don't want to pay the aids who do all the work then you don't need them
Cons
Hour breaks no raises other departments getting fair pay
Daybreak
Utilization Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 8, 2018
Management could be improved to be more involved and train better. Benefits are not good but job security is great. Laid back environment.Great work/life balance with flexible managers.
Good job. Good location.
PTA (Former Employee) –  Eagle Lake, TXDecember 11, 2018
The only concerns I have were the number of minutes for some patients. Some patients had a difficult time performing during the prescribed number of minutes. In addition, daybreak offered no direct deposit for hourly compensation.
Pros
New facility
Cons
Paper checks
Great
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 10, 2018
While the company may have had its challenges over the years, currently it has very strong operational and clinical teams. The Administrator has automy to grow census, engage employees, and progress change.
Pros
Teamwork, Benefits, Leadership
Cons
All LTC can be stressful at times.
Horrible company to work for
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXMay 29, 2018
No potential for advancement regardless of experience. No pay raises or yearly evaluations done in over two years. Pay raises "frozen" or so we were told. Corporate office runs on the buddy system. Its about who you know not what you know. Buildings are old and run down and corporate turns a blind eye even when it comes to the safety of those they have been entrusted to care for. They do not care about the employees either. It is all about making money, not taking care of anyone else.
Pros
Cons
Short staffed overworked and underpaid
Enjoyed working here
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXAugust 26, 2018
Salary was less than offered when hired due to mgmt change. I would have like for mgmt to show up at night to view how work is performed by employees.
Fun activites
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hondo, TXApril 3, 2018
The hardest part of this job was not having enough cna's on the floor to get the the job done. The mangagment was up and down there was always different Directors of nursing no one ever lasted more than a year.
Pros
You get paid vacations and good benifits
Cons
You have to find your own replacement if you kall in
Cubicle farm fun people to work with.
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 29, 2018
A typical day is very easy going and stress free. Month end close is when it gets pretty hectic. Upper management says they care but when asked do little to nothing. Its all about the appearance of being successful.
Pros
Sometimes you have lunch catered.
Cons
No room for advancement.
Management sucks
Cook (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXDecember 18, 2018
This job by far has been the worst job I worked at due to the management they don't care about their workers or residents... They will work you with no off days and dare you call-in you will have a write up waiting for you wether you have any excuse or not very very very understaff. They wanted me to quit my other job so I could always be on call for them. Schedule changed daily due to being understaffed.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Horrible place of employment with a high turnover everywhere
Dietary Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort worth TXNovember 8, 2018
This place will use you promise you things and not follow through and then let you go or ask you to resign. Every management dept is turned over constantly and they are very understaffed all the time.
Pros
Offered a good pay rate
Cons
Offered a good pay rate so they can work you relentlessly then get rid of you
Bull
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXOctober 6, 2018
Horrible Adon, Horrible kitchen staff, horrible co-workers Period. Everyone tears everyone down. Nobody talks to anyone with respect. Residents are treated terribly as well as the CNA's. The schedule they are on now is horrible. Everyone had already quit because of the schedule and now they can't keep anybody also because of the schedule. It's terrible here. The Original D.o.n should have never quit. I can't wait to leave this place and get another job which is happening soon. Btw I'm working just weekends. Like seriously?! My pay has went down because of it but choosing to work double weekends was way better then working monday-friday every week.
Stressful
Assistant DON/MDS Coordinator/Medicare Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 20, 2018
Healthcare is stressful enough but the new admin they hired was the daughter of someone in corporate so she was a monster and got away with everything.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Preferential Treament for those who needed discipline
Great People Poor Hours
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bonham, TXDecember 16, 2018
The people and staff are wonderful but not hours.
Too few to exist on despite high hourly rate.
I would have loved to be a full time therapist however the company choses to use OTAs and PTAs rather than OTs and PTs. Hours are hard to find and I had to drive through horrible routes.
Pros
Great staff and patients
Cons
Too much driving, not enough hours.
Horrible overworked and underpaid
Residential Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Short handed all the time underpaid for the hours worked and labor put in. Management is a joke unless your liked by them.when things where brought to there attention they decided what was in a hurry and what wasn't.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Horrible work environment, no team effort, no days off
Pay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 31, 2018
Pay Is only 11$ no negotiation nor is based on experience sad to say but cnas work to hard for this bare minimum the world is backwards u cannot survive
Pros
Cons
Pay
Director of nurses (Former Employee) –  Sweetwater, TXSeptember 4, 2018
The building was great there have been changes within the company management not always so great they tend to focus on the money aspect a little more but with all of the cuts by the government I can see why. Overall I always had support when I needed it just a phone call away.
Physical Therapist Assistant PRN (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXJanuary 12, 2019
I have enjoyed working here. Everyone I work with is extremely friendly and helpful when I have a question about something. You also get the opportunity to work in different facilities as well.
Stressful/unorganized
CNA I (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXDecember 31, 2018
Only work a few days I did enjoy it but no team work or communication and very unorganize no training or information on certain residents on what to do or not to do.
Extremely poor management
Wound care nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 2, 2018
Worked there for one month and went through 2 D.O.N.'s , then they tried to brow beat me into doing scheduling, when I was doing wound care and ADON work for 1 price. POOR practice !!!