Daybreak Youth Services Employee Reviews

awesome
Skills Coach (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 24, 2019
great company! they really care for the well being of the kids. I seen it change many of their lives. I wish I lived in this state still so I could go back.
productive
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Brush Prairie, WAFebruary 21, 2019
it was horrible there they treat all there employees like a rehab patient themselves, and the disrespected me for no reason. i would not recommend anyone to work at that place
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 2, 2019
Daybreak was a fun place to work. Was hard to get time off. Very fulfilling place to work. We got free meals everyday. Employees are great but management could be a bit better.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard to get time off
CEO/Directors = brain-dead!
BHT-Medical (Former Employee) –  Brush Prairie, WADecember 12, 2018
WA-State Dept of Health is revoking their operating licenses. The juvenile justice system will no longer place adolescents there. DSHS launched 6 simultaneous investigations. Clark Co Sheriffs Dept has launched a full-scale investigation. Is that enough for you? I have rarely seen this level of shoddy management in 40 years of working. No breaks or lunch, period. $6200 Ins-deductable. Training was a couple of hours of nonsense. Physical & sexual attacks on boys, girls, and staff are just another day. There's no security, and regular full-scale riots are the norm. The management is over-educated, under-experienced and senseless. They threaten employees and practice deception and non-reporting. we had a term for this kind of stupidity in the U.S. Army (------- ----).
Pros
There are great people who work there
Cons
Physical dangers. Regular riots. Lack of control. A culture which attacks its own employees, the list goes on.
N/a
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 14, 2018
My overall rating for the company was a 4. It was a place full of great people to work around and with but the facility lacked decent organization and storage.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
Powerful organization
CEO (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 12, 2018
Difficult patient population. Leadership commitment to excellence an ongoing quality improvement. Collegial environment, caring management team, beautiful facility.
Company still working out a lot of kinks in the program, no loyalty to employees
Skills Coach (Former Employee) –  Brush Prairie, WANovember 8, 2018
I absolutely loved working at this facility because of the work I was doing. However, the company laid me off because of a combination of low clientele brought on by their ongoing legal issues and subsequent poor standings with the community and my request for a schedule change and short term time off request due to a significant life changing development. Also as a skills coach they will tell you that you are an equal member of the care team as everyone else involved with the clients. You are not. You are at the bottom and will be treated as so.
Pros
Rewarding on a personal level
Cons
Unless you're hired for day shift, which is rare, you will never work day shift.
Loved working with clients
Case Aide (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 25, 2018
I loves working with the clients and helping people. The downfall was the pay was low for the education background I have. There are opportunities to move up in the job with was nice, but not for me.
Pros
Helping individuals, first shift, paid vacations
Cons
Low pay, poor management
Rewarding work with a consistent skeleton crew
Primary Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brush Prairie, WAAugust 6, 2018
The best part of the job is the actual work.

The worst part of the job is how much work is expected. Do not take a salaried position at Daybreak. You will be working much more than 40 hours, each week. You will not have a life. You will be expected to be available at all times. You will be given work without training, and will then blamed for not understanding the rules. You will be pushed to accomplish the impossible, and will be expected to take work home every night. No breaks. You sign a lunch break waiver, which states you may be required to work through your federally mandated lunch period.

The insurance is awful. $6200 deductable for a single person.
Pros
free food (it's junk, but it's free calories), lots of oportunities for learning
Cons
high pressure environment, fast-paced with little training
great people and enviroment
Skills Coach (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 16, 2018
great to work there great work experience. it great to be able to work with troubled teens who need guidance. it was nice to try and give them hope for their future
Daybreak Youth
Youth Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brush Prairie, WAJune 22, 2018
Daybreak youth services employees care about the youth and work hard to maintain a positive culture and community for youth to come and heal and learn about recovery from addiction.
Busy Place
Skills Coach (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 15, 2018
Supervision of teen boys in a substance abuse rehab program. Encouraged use of DBT skills. Transported to AA meetings. Planned group activities. Counseled boys.
Pros
Working with teens
Cons
Very stressful
Enjoyed my time there
Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 26, 2018
While at Daybreak I rewrote all of the courses used to teach at the inpatient facility (Engagement, DBT, and Relapse Prevention), created and maintained weekly management reports & client surveys for all of the facilities, and facilitated all 3 groups. However, I was eventually hired as engagement group counselor/facilitator.

I enjoyed my time at Daybreak doing my practicum work.
Pros
Lots of opportunity for growth
Cons
Internal turmoil between counseling staff and support staff
Needs proactive management rather than knee jerk reaction
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brush Prairie, WAJanuary 27, 2018
I feel it is a good mission. The problem is no one seems to have any idea what is going on. Decisions being made by people who have no idea what they are deciding.
Cons
No breaks, high stress
Youth skills coach
Youth Skill Coach (Current Employee) –  brush praire waJanuary 22, 2018
Very long hours, very stressful work and little to no back up from management. the hours range between 14-16 hour days, the food is horrible often under cooked or raw whens served to clients and staff. Management only cares about the money ad not about the clients or their needs.
Pros
doing good work with teens
Cons
no lunch long hours
Good place to get your feet wet
Skills Coach/Milieu Counselor (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 15, 2018
Pay was minimal. It was a good place as a young person to get some experience. Shift work was not enjoyable. Management was good to me for the most part.
Pros
shift work
Cons
good experience
Rewarding work, but not the best experience
Staff (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 30, 2017
Long days that require a lot of work. Can be stressful at times. Felt at though didn't have the best support available when clients escalated. Staff and counselors have a constant divide between them.
Pros
Rewarding work, good staff to work with
Cons
No 401k match, inconsistent hours, lack in communication
Best Place to Work
Skills Coach (Current Employee) –  Brush Prairie, WAOctober 26, 2017
fun, friendly staff
opportunities to learn and engage with struggling youth
ability to make a difference in one's life
very rewarding and fulfilling
Helps others
Pros
free lunch and snack
Horrible Management for medical professionals
RN (Former Employee) –  Brush Prairie, WAAugust 4, 2017
Nothing positive to say. Management has no medical experience and unable/unwilling to develop a system with medical providers, proper policies and procedures and training. Within a 72 hour window, all medical providers resigned due to concerns regarding patient safety and questionable legal practices.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management
Daybreak Youth Services committed to at-risk youth and community
Chemical Dependency Counselor (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 10, 2017
Daybreak Youth Services is committed to providing inpatient and outpatient services to youth ages 12-18. They have a co-ed outpatient facility in Spokane, WA and Vancouver, WA. Daybreak provides an all female inpatient facility in Spokane, WA. They also have an all male inpatient facility in Vancounver, WA. Daybreak had a lot of organizational changes when I was an employee. I feel that they are well supported currently and have expanded the services that they provide by now including mental health treatment.
Pros
Evidence Based Treatment
Cons
Lower pay