Days Inn Employee Reviews

Found 965 reviews matching the search See all 1,102 reviews
Fun and Productive
Breakfast Cook (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 19, 2019
I started this job doing laundry that was cool I had fun then the manager put me in as a breakfast cook it was very nice I had fun with the customers they where great my co worker was another story I brought a car with my taxes money and my co workers started putting dents in my car there are only one benefit working for days inn and that's you get paid vacation after one year and every year after you get one week vacation. There is favoritism I would have stayed longer then two years if they had not started destroying my car. The job was very easy. I had a route-ting It was the easiest job I had ever had.
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Helped
Maintenance Helper (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJanuary 17, 2019
I was a maintanence helper so I helped the guy working with remodeling and moving things around. It was an okay experience but they did not get my W4 in so I didnt get paid until a month after the job was done.
Review Summary
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJanuary 7, 2019
I enjoyed working at Days Inn.I got along well with co-workers and didn't have any problem following direction.I enjoyed working daytime hours. I didn't care for working almost every weekend.
Pros
I enjoyed working daytime hours.
Management "Forgets" to pay you.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, MIDecember 30, 2018
Management fails to communicate correctly.
Management fails to pay you.
Management fails to show any appreciation.
Management fails to give breaks as well as normal time off in a week.
You're forced to work major holidays as well, because you get 0 days off. These are things they will lie about in the interview along with other things.
They refuse to give you any copies of your time card.
The rooms are full of black mold and bed bugs, so expect to leave their with some crazy lung infections and itching.
I even watched the trainer unlock a random guests room to let a homeless lady in to use the phone in there. Then she left her there alone for god knows how long. I Hope their stuff wasn't missing.
I would give this place less than 0 stars if I could.
Pros
None. None what so ever.
Cons
The WHOLE thing is a con. Like you get conned out of hard work and not payed.
I absolutely love working here!!
Housekeeping Supervisor/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 11, 2018
I love working at Days Inn Clearwater Central. Everyone here is like family. We all love and respect one another. The manager here is awesome. The only bad thing is that since we are currently off season, we are not making any hours. And the owners aren't giving any raises. It is not covering my living cost.
Won't do that again
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milan, OHDecember 10, 2018
They had an ad for Front Desk Manager on here. I applied and was called for an interview. During the interview I quickly realized they were only looking for a Clerk. I would've never wasted my time if I'd known that... Anyway, they offered me horrible pay horrible hours and micromanaged everything you do at the desk. Your weren't even allowed to modify or cancel reservations because they assumed you were too stupid to do it properly. They ripped customers off. Never knew my schedule. Had to call every day to see when I worked next because they never made an actual schedule. Couldn't have a life outside of that place. Didn't have a panic button at desk. Fire alarms didn't work. None of the outside doors locked. Didn't even have a lock on the door for the front desk office. Someone could run up on you at any time.
Pros
Cons
Pay, managememt, unsafe
Days Inn
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Eastland, TXDecember 5, 2018
What a great experience. Meet a lot of interesting people, the work environment was good, Steady work pace, depending on what shift you work. Pay wasn't where it should be, hard to make ends meet on min. wage.
Pros
Cons
Pay isn't enough
Check guest in and clean lobby area.
Desk Clerk/Manager (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GADecember 3, 2018
Working 3;00 p.m. till 11:00 p.m. I had to check guest in rooms. Clean lobby area. Clean the men'sand women's bathroom. Answer the phone. If guest had any problem in room I had to get the problem fixed and if I couldn't then call owner.
Pros
Owners were great people
Cons
Business was slow
Fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCDecember 3, 2018
Good work good people to work with.... this job is for people who are treating to put in many hours and have lots of free time the more hours you put in the more money you make
Very relaxed
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Unites StatesDecember 1, 2018
Other employees were often late. Making it difficult to get my children to school on time. Task were left incomplete making the next assignment difficult resulting in very unhappy customers
Cons
Low pay rate
Fine for a starter
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Munising, MINovember 28, 2018
The job was fine for a starter. It wast the job i personally wanted to do but it was a job. It was easy enough and really easy to get into the swing of things after the first couple days.
Pros
Easy
Cons
People are gross
Fun working place
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 28, 2018
It's a good place just don't get enough hrs in very friendly people that work there ... They need more hrs to give to people.. they could all communication a lot.more with each other that was not always on the same page
Pros
Very friendly
Cons
Not enough hrs
Not applicable
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 27, 2018
Not well organized, and felt like I was underestimated as well as under paid.I was pre judged before getting hired. I literally begged for the position I held. No great teamwork skills. The physical work was easier than working with the employees.
relaxing fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSNovember 27, 2018
A typical at work would be a fun laid back day. I learn that working with family isn't cool. the hardest part was working with my sister and her daughter. the enjoyable part was we eat out every day and when Larry cooked for us we all sit in the lobby laughing and talking
Pros
long lunch break
Cons
no insurance
closed down
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 26, 2018
it was a okay place to work was not very busy was in the middle of getting new owners but was never able to get it back in to running stats stayed with the company until it closed down
Great managers
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Metter, GANovember 24, 2018
My managers were great friendly people who helped me in anyways possible to give me job security. Over all my job was fairly easy going, not too stressful.
It’s a good place to work
HOUSEKEEPING (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 22, 2018
It’s a nice place, good working environment and the management is excellent. Although sometimes workers get hours reduction when there are low patronage
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
No health benefits
Lack of safe work environment
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 21, 2018
There’s no safe work environment. Responsible for safety and security of building at night by yourself with no security cameras and the front doors do not secure. Mobile phone doesn’t reach entire building and yet you can’t use your own phone for back up in case you need help. Management doesn’t back you up.
It was good
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLNovember 20, 2018
I would wake up at like 3 in the afternoon and go to work at like 11 at night, my manger was pretty cool and let us screw around a a lot which is cool
Pros
Cool manager at the time
Cons
Managers crawling everywhere in the mornings
Bad management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lake City, SCNovember 20, 2018
There was no enjoyable time on this job.
Management was totally disrespectful.
The hardest part of the job to me was management because of the fact it was nothing but attitude from them all day.
The work culture was pretty reasonable.
Basically I knew most of the thing about cleaning but I learned a handful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Days Inn. Our community is ready to answer.