Dayton Children's Hospital

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Amazing culture of compassion

Absolutely love the pediatric population and the families. Very warm and inviting the moment you start working here! Employees are happy to come to work and feel supported.

Pros

Workplace culture

Cons

Pay not competitive with other hospitals in area

Fun workplace

Company spends money on ETR and technology to improve productivity. Overall DCH is a great place to work and allows for a better work/ home life than majority of jobs.

Pros

Technology and coworkers

The common goal is the patients

Fun place to work because the pt are children. The atmosphere is enjoyable. Just like any job there are issues, but it’s what you focus on that will get you through the day.

Passionate

Dayton Children’s Hospital is a great place to work. In my department, my team is all on one accord and has the same ultimate goal of giving back to the community and providing resources to our families who need it. There’s also great opportunities for growth& advancement.

Pros

Work-life balance, rewarding work, room for growth

loved my time there

I worked in Radiology as a PCA. Setting the rooms up for exams, procedures, etc. Picking up families from the waiting areas, explaining details of exams, verifying information. Making calls for radiology next day appointments. My coworkers were sweet from the beginning to the end of time there. My manager was real down to heart, you could talk to her about anything. Not many like her these days. I was having a bad day when I first started and started to feel overwhelmed and she sat with me and talked me through it. 🙏🏾 I loved interacting with the families I encountered, although they were scared and stressed to be there. One job where you could truly have fun with your patients and it's the little things that matter. It warmed my heart to see them happy and even if they weren't feeling good, they were grateful. Not one bad thing I could say about this company. Everyone loves what they do and it shows, so fortunate to work with a great team. If I move back to Dayton, Children's will be the first place I apply

Pros

kids getting better & going home, team members & teamwork 💪🏾, work/life balance, Froyo (especially PB)

Cons

sick kids, sometimes bad news for families

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

To management, you’re a number

The culture at children’s has changed. While it should always be a business, that has overtaken actual care and compassion. Management treats you like a number instead of a person.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Low pay

It's a job

The job itself is easy and personally rewarding. Have some great coworkers. However, management is too backwards and more about profit and survey results than their employees!

Pros

Scheduling

Cons

Poor management

Great Workplace with a Great Mission

When it comes to pediatric care, it's hard to beat this place. Hands down. The mission in supporting children is something that is held in high regard for good reason. Problem is, management tolerates incompetent employees because it's easier to let the good ones pick up the slack rather than address the root cause.

Pros

Work-life balance and WFH policies are top notch

Cons

Politics, management is a Good Ol' Boys Club

Fun

I enjoyed this position, but due to the insurance at the time, which had an extremely high deductible, I had to go elsewhere. They have since changed it I have heard. It's a fun environment.

Love my actual job and working with the kids

Please don't get me wrong it's great working with the kids and making a difference. I love my actual job and find it rewarding knowing I made a difference in a child's day.The downside is lack of communication and poor management. I would love to say this is the best place to work in the Dayton bares but it is not. There is so much to improve on. Less time focused on being like others and focus on growing and taking care of your dedicated employees. Make them part of the future.

Pros

Rewarding working with children

Cons

Lack of communication and poor manage

Awesome team

Best coworkers I’ve ever had. Some managers are great and others not so much. However, it is the best nursing job I’ve had. Good pay and decent benefits. You get a lot of PTO and allowed to use it. Everyone truly cares about the patients.

Meh! Not bad, not great

Not great, not terrible. Just your average workplace. Usual office drama, mostly good people but poor management. Schedule is unsustainable, long hours with constant requests to work extra hours.

Best place to work! Compassionate leaders that take care of employees during tough times

During COVID when a lot of places were furloughing employees or letting them go. Dayton Children's worked hard to keep everyone whole and kept them on board. Was extremely generous to everyone. Paid for a few months of health insurance, gave bonuses, sent people care packages and cards letting them know how valued and important they are to the mission. Leadership held bi-weekly updates keeping eveyone imformed with the business operations. It was wonderful - leadership showing compassion to the community and employees. I wouldn't wan't to work anywhere else!

Pros

work life balance, interesting work, excellent mission, leaders are passionate about children - keeping them healthly, help families in the community

Cons

none, no place is perfect but there isn't a "con" significant enough to mention

Depends on the Department

My previous department had many issues, poor management, favortism,non existent leadership,etc. However current department is awesome to work for and has strong knowledgeable management with no known favortism,everyone works as a team. Major con for working at DCH is there is no paid holidays and low pay in comparison to other major hospitals. You do accrue PTO however which is nice..

Pros

Great work environment and current dept management

Cons

Low pay, no paid holidays or extra vacation time for years of service and depending on dept, management can be poor

Great people, excellent management

Children’s just wasn’t my cup of tea but it is a great working environment and the benefits are excellent. They REALLY do go above and beyond for each other, the patient and their families. Mgmt is very fair minded and will help you with your schedule as long as you are a good worker and don’t go to the well too many times.

Pros

Cons

None really

Felt a lack of value for employees

Unpredictable patient schedule and on call schedule, limited to no advancement, a lack of leadership and poor management, toxic work environment, lack of inclusion, lack of value and respect for each other

Pros

Salary

Cons

Poor management

Innovative and challenging

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Dayton Children's Hospital is great.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Dayton Children's Hospital are great

Pros

Competitive pay

rewarding when taking care of children

I agree with this comment: Alot of favoritism shown to staff who suck up to management.Management is very unfair and prejudice. You feel like you're back in elementary school with all the gossip and picking on certain individuals. Management is terrible and will find whatever to get rid of the people who do not kiss their butts.

Pros

working with children

Cons

management

A great hospital to work for

I have worked for Dayton Children's for 8 years and I still love it. I am supported, encouraged to grow and I am happy at work. Everyone is friendly and kind, which makes it easy to come to work.

They really cater to the childrens needs.

wonderful work place for employees and for the children and families we serve

employees are valued and our work is valued. what we do matters to the children and families we care for. we make a difference in the health outcomes of children

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dayton Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Dayton Children's Hospital with