Dayton Superior Employee Reviews

Productive highway technology
Material Handler/ Forktruck Operator (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJune 20, 2018
It was an awesome place to work I would recommend them to any one looking for a great work environment they were very friendly people and willing greatly to help teach new skills.
Pros
Good friendly environment
Cons
not one sorry
Would not work there again
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMay 11, 2018
Lacks communication. Poorly managed. There is no job security with this company no matter how good a job you do for them. My advice to potential job seekers is to keep looking
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No security
Insecure job
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMay 7, 2018
sales are dropping year over year. cutting costs by cutting employees. low employee morale. constantly left to wonder when the next cuts were coming.
Good Company
Senior Accounts Payable Lead (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHFebruary 26, 2018
I would not recommend a friend to work in the finance department. Management is something to be desired. Overtime is not permitted. Company did a lot for employees for moral.
Great
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAFebruary 21, 2018
Great place to work great company overall great hours and excellent customer service and great people to work with great lunch hours and good food option
Clown College
Quality Control Manager / Interim Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Dayton is an ok place to work, if you are a labor person or in sales. Everything else is a poorly funded poorly staffed clown college. I cannot really say anything nice about how the company is run over all and inter plant politics are ridiculous. Perhaps things have changes I don't know, I have not kept in touch with anyone who still works there.
Pros
They never bounced my paycheck
Cons
Just about every other aspect
ok
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Dayton Superior is a good company to work for. There is a lot of changes to management every year and different management style when the new team comes in
Productive work environment
Freelance Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJanuary 23, 2018
Great place to work. Nice and friendly people. Management is very helpful. I worked as a freelance designer so I could also work from home or in the office.
Good benefits
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJanuary 19, 2018
Benefits were good and had great coworkers. I was provided with plenty of paid time off. Overtime was available when needed. Management was easy to work with.
a fun and rewarding work environment
Class I Yard Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 18, 2018
work 8 hour a day learned folk lift and shippimg a fun and rewarding work environment not have much work nice weather not to hot not cto cold jod security not very good
Pros
over time
Cons
short breaks
Great Company to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 18, 2018
Dayton Superior is a great company to work for, I enjoyed learning different things about the job by a wonderful teacher, management was very pleasant, the workplace was so great to where I couldn't wait to get to work, the hardest part of the job was that I wish I could have gotten hired on, and the most enjoyable part of the job is I really enjoyed working there and working with the employees.
Good company to work for
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAJanuary 10, 2018
Good, friendly people throughout the company. Always willing to make sure that their employees are taken care of and happy. The Health Care provided by the company is the best I've ever had.
politics
MACHINE OPERATOR/TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJanuary 9, 2018
seniority and rasicim. you work until they reach goals that poorly organized management has falsely made promises to the customers and need filled. prepare to be used.
Dealing wit steel and bars all day
Manual Welding/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILDecember 5, 2017
a typical day at Dayton Superior Is Going To Be A Good Workout Wateva Cuz U Constently Gone Be Working. Good, Nice Place Too Work.. Hardest Part Is Dealing Wit The Heat When Its Hot But Most Enjoyable Part Bout Job Is Just Being Around People Dat Make Your Job Worth Having..
Good people with good intentions for the company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 15, 2017
It was a good company to work for starting off in the work Field as a single. They teach you how to drive and operate a few different fork trucks. They pay for your wedding and CDLs certificate. It's a slow raise process but it is yearly raises. They give you enough uniforms so that you don't mess up your good clothes if you don't already have work clothes. They feed you on special occasions. My reason for wanting to leave the company is there was nothing more I was trying to learn and I want more then the job had to offer. They where slowing things down and sales was dropping and I wasn't sure of the direction the company is headed. Multiple branches from around other parts of the US was closing down if they haven't already closed. So I just find it in my best interest to find another job before it was to late.
Pros
It was a steady job. Work was not difficult. Good culture.
Cons
Short break, not the best insurance, work in the cold. Job was going down hill. Sales was low
Temporary Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GANovember 5, 2017
I like to work for Dayton superior this was one of my best jobs I had as a temporary job. I didn't like the pay it was to far for me. besides that I got along fine with all my co-workers. A great place to work.
Pros
Did several different things was not stuck doing the same thing everyday
Cons
Pay was not good, no benefits and no pay vacation
Dayton Superior
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIOctober 28, 2017
Not a terrible place, not the best. Lack of proper training leads to massive amounts of down time. Not good during peak season. Because supervisors are NOT understanding to this. Whether there for a day or 30days..
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
overly demanding, under paid
Lame
employee (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAOctober 8, 2017
They are quick to blow sunshine at you but the reality is just the opposite. Loud, messy conditions. Poor training of new employees. While management is quick to point out what you need to do right then and there, they are never going to follow through on what they should be doing. They do not lead by example, they just crack the whip. Smile in your face and stab you in the back place.
Change is constant
Leader - Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandOctober 5, 2017
If you strive for a career then this may not be the place to work. Too many 'clique' groups and too sensitive HR leaders.
Dayton has a history of change and misfortune. Its checkered history and recent changes make this a pattern of management that is hard to break. Short term gain can be good but not a long term prospect. if y'all want to move up then look elsewhere.
Always making there quarter or passing it.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAAugust 21, 2017
It is an nice relaxing place. Hot a lot but u got a lot of room to yourselfthe spiervisor was helpful as well. It just the ride was too far away from my home..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dayton Superior. Our community is ready to answer.