DBI SERVICES Employee Reviews

This used to be a good company. Those times are long gone.
Employee (Current Employee) –  AnywhereJanuary 21, 2019
Now, they don't care about their employees. This company has gone down hill.
Customers are ripped off with a MINIMUM of 40% profit on all jobs.
Employees are never truly given definitive answers.
Hiring from within? ABSOLUTELY NOT!
Fair compensation? Guess again.
Whatever job you do at DBi, you can guarantee you will not be compensated fairly.
Employees are constantly misled and manipulated.
Are we getting a raise this year? Who knows!
No one will give you a direct answer at this company about anything. They will ask you to violate LAWS in order to get your job done.
Safety is a joke.
They do not have annual safety meetings, there is no employee recognition for a job well done.
Management is jumping ship and getting fired left and right.
AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!
Pros
Because of MANDATORY OVERTIME AND TRAVEL, you will make DECENT money. Don't be confused though, it's not good money by any stretch of the imagination for how much you work
Cons
Literally everything else
Only one that could do my job
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2019
The upper management were not up front about the conditions when our contract wasn't renewed. Led me to believe that I was still going to have a job, and then never would return my calls to answer my questions as to when I would be starting the new job. So I just figured out my self that It wasn't true.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
Couldn't believe anything anyone said
unorganized
Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLDecember 28, 2018
It is a good company to work for just the organisation of work days is poor like they would have you do one thing and if you didn't finish then the next day they would have you move on to something else
Very laid back job with great coworkers and bosses
Maintenance Technician I (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLDecember 26, 2018
Riding around looking for work. This job taught me how to run heavy equipment and more. The only hard part about this job is fighting the heat and cold weather. The thing I enjoy most about my job is my coworkers they make the job worth coming to.
Job Duties as Operations Manager
Area Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2018
Dynamic project leader with expertise in execution of multimillion-dollar operations, project management, and strategic planning, direct teams toward execution of top-level objectives and maximize bottom-line results. Exceptional strategist with notable success in end-to-end management and expert in articulation of high-level projects career record of surpassing client and organizational expectations.
Taking pride in your work gets you nothing. Attendance gets you nothing.NO RAISE!
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lambsburg, VADecember 1, 2018
You are given jobs to do, but no tools to do with. You are reminded daily of all the projects needing to be completed, but never checked on to see how daily repetitive duties look. You cannot see your check stub if you have direct deposit. Pay is horrible, no matter how hard you work. No chance of pay rsise and so far have not seen reimbursement for fingerprinting they required for employment. I would not recommend anyone work for this company.
Pros
Hours assigned for my shift was great for me.
Cons
All that is preached is getting a good score from monthly inspection.
productive and safe work place
HIGH WAY MAINT (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 30, 2018
DIB is one of the best job I every had. what i love about my job is we work Monday thew Thurday 10 hours days.everyone is very nice. DBI is my 2nd family. That's what I love about my job at DBI. productive
Pros
They take us out to lunch from time to time
Cons
No cons
A Great Place to work too work.
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2018
Corporate is hush hush, they brain wash you in to thinking your family and that they would give you the shirt off their back. In reality they dont care, your just an expendable asset. They rather fire you then give you a chance to redeem yourself or spend the money to bring in some asshat's that do not know nothing about asset too tell you how to do your job quicker. Mean while all the money their not paying their employee's for a job well done. Their too busy buying out competition and bring them over and treating them like royalty. I've watch some of the honest people get burned by this company and brushed under the rug like nothing ever happen. What they do not tell you is if you decide a body bag and a go-fund-me-account is not the way you want to go out. `Which all the money you hear about getting throw around and wasted,  they mite put in a hundred dollars in their for your family to wipe their tears with! If some company came alone and offered you a better way to support your family without the risk of dying. They would take offense to that and pursue their non-compete which would leave you and your family struggling to make ends meet. Just so they can rest easy at night, knowing that all their workers will not walk out. If you like not seeing your family and bring home a pay check a fry cook at McDonalds would laught at. By-all-means please sign up, there are somethings that would make this company better and it would start will pay rasies and getting rid of the family and freinds of management that show a absences of brain activity and the big brother monitoring over  more... their employees. This place will ruin a good workforce just for principles of someone think they can improve production. These people and take your ideas and claim them as their own. Will not go out of their way to even remember your name or what you sacrificed to be their everyday. No support outside your project, the equipment is junk. Like you are set up for failure from the beginning. Hopefully one day this company will shift ways and start making their employee's as happy as are customers that they don't rub the wrong way with their shenanigans.  less
Benefits
Cons
The pay, lack of support, equipment is junk can't finish jobs without a breakdown
Hours
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake VirginiaNovember 19, 2018
Hours depends on weather can work a whole week sometimes of 50 hrs and sometimes you only get 10 hrs a paycheck have to check over your hours a lot of favoritism but that's anywhere just they show it
Pros
Weekly pay
Decent place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 4, 2018
Decent place to work. Manager is supportive and works on growing the branch. work hours are flexible. There is some micro managing from the Regional office put over all I enjoy my job.
They don't pay their bills
Mgmt (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAOctober 12, 2018
They don't pay their bills. Amounts are left due.
Aging is 90+ days. Final notices are a regular occurrence. Subcontractors refuse services. Invoices aren't paid. Had to use a credit card to prevent power being cut at the office.

They buy upper management from other businesses.

Cannot keep high quality management due to their unethical practices.

Little to no thought of first and second level employees.
Pros
They've acquired several great people
Cons
They don't pay their bills
Not a good company
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mount Sidney, VAOctober 2, 2018
I was a full time employee at the mount sidney site. I quit because I will not be a a part of a two faced operation, some sites were covered while at mine, my supervisor busted a**, while others could get what staff they needed, and other sites were offers raises while mine was not, I say to h*** with them, is rather work at McDonald's then for this two faced company. I'm not an a** kisser, so good luck to future employees
This was once a great place to work,has changed alot since the buyout
Hirailer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 28, 2018
The company used to be a fun place to work,they kept me out on the road for months at a time,I also was having to dodge scales due to driving overweight trucks,the company also has a high csa score so you get pulled into the scales a lot and get inspected,if you are starting out as a driver you will get old trucks to drive and they break down quite often, per diem was low $25 and had not changed in 8 years,this is also a lot of paperwork involved everyday,this is a good job if you want to be on the road a lot.
Pros
motels, paid holidays
Cons
alot of time out of town, low pay, faulty equipment
No job security
Highway Technician (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 23, 2018
Work is based on weather conditions and number of crew/team members available that day.

There's no definite 40 hrs a week and I was told at my interview that I cannot work another job

Typical day at work: Because I work 3rd shift and share a TMA with others, it's not unusual to have to perform maintenance before we can start our shift. Day shift not being held responsible for pre/post vehicle inspections; faulty equipment and communications (CB's)

I have administrative and mechanic experience; I could/should be working somewhere in our company to be able to obtain my 40 hrs a week.
Wouldn’t recommend to my worst enemy
Highway Technician (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 6, 2018
I’ve been a Highway Maintenance Technician for DBI Services for the past two years and my pay rate isn’t even close to what they’re advertising it for. The level of danger is so high because we work on the shoulders and in the median with 80-90 mph traffic flying by us, yet we don’t get any hazard pay. They’ll have you work long hours, send you back and forth out of town to “help other projects” complete they’re work and the only compensation that you get is $25 a day per diem on your check. If you have a problem with anything going on and you go through the chain of command, usually nothing gets done about it unless it’s to you when you go over their heads. I personally feel that the corporate home office doesn’t care about the well being of their employees until something bad happens that could potentially cost them some money. Favoritism is everything, seniority and loyalty means nothing to these people unless you know the right people. I honestly took the job because I needed to work but this was hands down the worst decision I’ve ever made regarding a job.
Try somewhere else
Guardrail Technician (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 4, 2018
No communication, horrible working conditions and nothing but false promises. They will work you dry then find someone else and they never have enough money or equipment to operate but they management can go have 2 to 3 hour breaks on the clock while they ride you for taking a 5 min break in 110 degrees weather
Considered money bottom line, easy to replace employees
Project Manager, Missouri Rest Area project (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 4, 2018
I was only employed with DBI a short time and realized it was not a good fit for me or my skills. My earlier years with HDR Engineering/ICA were great. respected, given autonamy to do job. Customers and sub-contractors were satisfied. When DBI took over there was no more money, Could not be honest with subs without making management mad. DBI was not a good company to work for.
Changed a lot
Several Positions Held (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAAugust 31, 2018
Things have changed a lot since the investment buyout, but all in all still ok. Communication between departments and with executives is TERRIBLE, which is really a shame because that is what used to make us thrive (in my opinion). I enjoyed my tenure there, and I acquired an extremely diverse background in exchange for my efforts.
Very demanding and competitive field
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Harmans, MDAugust 27, 2018
Briefing every morning with safety rules and regulations. Many skills are learned throughout a days work. Managers are present and make sure tasks are carried our efficiently.
long days
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 15, 2018
long hours, micro managed, low pay- training getting better depends on your manager, but must search for a lot of the answers. Holiday pay if you work the days leading up to them.
Pros
Cons
little pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DBI SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9