DBI SERVICES Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stressful cutthroat place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PAJune 3, 2018
Upper management very crude and unprofessional. If you aren’t part of the click you are treated badly. You either need to be personal friends of management, dating management or employed the when The DeAngelo Brothers were in control of the business to be treated with respect
Cons
Awful management - awful benefits
Terrible management
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dinwiddie, VAMay 11, 2018
The boss picks and chose who she likes...she likes northbound better then southbound. But you get as many breaks as u like. Also some work dont do no work and you have to do it for them
Pros
Pays weekly and as many breaks as you want
Cons
You cant leave to get lunch
You'll get what you put in to it.
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 1, 2018
At DBi services, they invest in you according to the effort you put in. It's an amazing environment that cares and cradles it's employees. I've never seen anything like the way they treat their employees. I worked for a larger company for years and was under appreciated. The main focus in this company is employee satisfaction and safety.
Pros
Care and concern for their employees
Cons
lower vacation time than most companies
Not a good company.
Fountain tech (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2018
I took notes of my hours worked and when i got my first check. Hours was missing from my pay. Now i have to wait for last check to get paid in full.

I had my accounting recheck my hours worked.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Overall Great People and A Great Place To Work
Guardrail Foreman/ Pounder Operator (Current Employee) –  Mount Jackson, VAApril 14, 2018
Since I started on the Guardrail crew, I've enjoyed every bit of it and still do. Although, there is a large production demand which majorly inflicts on the work/home life balance. In addition, for the work that we perform on the guardrail crew, the pay wage is too low in comparison.
Working for DBi Services, you will find a wide range of job positions with great people and great pay, so I would strongly recommend considering.
Pros
Great benefits, great people and environment
Cons
Unfixed, long hours, high risk and unconsiderable pay for certain positions
No job stability, lack of good management
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 5, 2018
The miami atmosphere is chaotic, they have no structure. One manager did all the work while the other ones milked it. It was embarrassing and that's why I no longer work there.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Chaotic
Fast Pace
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 2, 2018
Your work day is fast pace, never a dull moment. I learned to work with 4 different Project Managers and each had there on style. Workplace culture is very formal.
Working for dbi
Highway Technician (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLMarch 22, 2018
I would recommend people to work for Dbi but not the Dbi Miami location there’s no advancing in there project the other Dbi projects are very great besides the Miami project
fun but very busy
Foreman / supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 19, 2018
learned alot from the company management. it was a great place to work working with new customers doing new things all the time was great. the hardest part was training new people in the middle of the season. and working along side the highways was nerve racking at times. but all in all i loved my time with the company and would work there again in a heart beat.
Pros
good beenifits
Cons
long hours and high traffic areas
Former Office Administrator
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 11, 2018
DBI Services was the best company that I have ever worked for. I will never be able to find a company as good as that again. The management was supportive and caring. The fellow employees were amazing. It felt like family. I would stay with the company forever if I did not have to move. I wish I could have taken this company with me when I moved. This is the best company in the world.
Cons
They don’t care about the employees
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 20, 2018
The pay is bad, There is a lot of things that the employees don’t see behind close doors, They offer employees money to keep there mouth shut. It happen in Melbourne,Fl. corporate don’t do anything about it. They keep buying there competition to look big. There is a lot of racist in this job.
Benefits
Cons
Nothing to look on this job
productive
Highway Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Thomaston, GAFebruary 3, 2018
great place to work if you like to travel and be gone away from home long periods of time good benefits,great supervisionyoure gone away from home alot from youre family,like the people i work with there nice and friendly
Pros
great benefits
Cons
traveling alot
good place to work til Management changed
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 3, 2018
was good place to work until Management changed and took off for a surgery and when returned office mgr. had quit and had problems with new employee due to her being demanding and disrespectful.
Pros
good benefits like vacation and sick leave
Cons
was only one required to answer phone 90 % of time
Bad management
Lead Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dinwiddie, VAJanuary 25, 2018
The job is easy an great to have but. The pay is bad and when you have a boss that does morw bad stuff then the employees an when you report it it falls on deaf ears. That's not fair because then you think that nothing is ever going to be done. Not good at all
Pros
Great job
Cons
Need better supervisors
average
Team member (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PADecember 14, 2017
average company, would not recommend staying for a career, low pay for the type of work you have to do, company is very top heavy management and corporate are the only one really taken care of financially.
Pros
flexible with time off
Cons
low pay, constant travel 1 or more weeks at a time, no overtime on rate jobs
There is no opportunity !
Weekend Supervisor / attendent (Current Employee) –  Dolpin, VADecember 10, 2017
The pay isn't great and no advancement to grow .They just took over so we have to see if they are going to step up to the plate and and care about there employee and not just want bodies to do work .They have to show there in employees that the job they do is worth than minimum wage
Pros
Cons
Don't yet
Terrible management terrible hours
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mt. Jackson, VANovember 30, 2017
Dbi seems like a nice laid back place at first then they jerk you around on hours. You can’t have anything planned for the weekends. They don’t rotate the on call list equally, they are very unfair to their workers and will fire you or write you up for things you had no control over like injuries or getting sick. They will lie to make you out to be the bad person. This is a very hostile work place and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. The pay is terrible for the amount of danger you are in every day. I can’t count how many time I and others have almost been hit by vehicles. Terrible place to work.
Pros
Always work
Cons
Pay, hours, management
Very unprofessional and terrible managment
Sweeper Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 28, 2017
Poor management,lazy staff,not safety ready and the pay was very poor there is not very much training being done there is very little to no guidance and very unsafe.
Poor Management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 21, 2017
If you ever have a complaint, it will fall on deaf ears. HR protects upper management and is bias. Profit is more important than safety. Equipment / Tools are junk and never fixed correctly.
Pros
Health Care, 401K
Cons
You could DIE!!! Low Wages
fun workplace
Spray Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 19, 2017
Good place to work for, great management most of the job was driving to location to perform your job check in at the offer for more instructions for the next job.
Pros
Driving
Cons
Temp job