DBI SERVICES Employee Reviews

Wouldn’t recommend to my worst enemy
Highway Technician (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 6, 2018
I’ve been a Highway Maintenance Technician for DBI Services for the past two years and my pay rate isn’t even close to what they’re advertising it for. The level of danger is so high because we work on the shoulders and in the median with 80-90 mph traffic flying by us, yet we don’t get any hazard pay. They’ll have you work long hours, send you back and forth out of town to “help other projects” complete they’re work and the only compensation that you get is $25 a day per diem on your check. If you have a problem with anything going on and you go through the chain of command, usually nothing gets done about it unless it’s to you when you go over their heads. I personally feel that the corporate home office doesn’t care about the well being of their employees until something bad happens that could potentially cost them some money. Favoritism is everything, seniority and loyalty means nothing to these people unless you know the right people. I honestly took the job because I needed to work but this was hands down the worst decision I’ve ever made regarding a job.
Cons
Considered money bottom line, easy to replace employees
Project Manager, Missouri Rest Area project (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 4, 2018
I was only employed with DBI a short time and realized it was not a good fit for me or my skills. My earlier years with HDR Engineering/ICA were great. respected, given autonamy to do job. Customers and sub-contractors were satisfied. When DBI took over there was no more money, Could not be honest with subs without making management mad. DBI was not a good company to work for.
Changed a lot
Several Positions Held (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAAugust 31, 2018
Things have changed a lot since the investment buyout, but all in all still ok. Communication between departments and with executives is TERRIBLE, which is really a shame because that is what used to make us thrive (in my opinion). I enjoyed my tenure there, and I acquired an extremely diverse background in exchange for my efforts.
Very demanding and competitive field
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Harmans, MDAugust 27, 2018
Briefing every morning with safety rules and regulations. Many skills are learned throughout a days work. Managers are present and make sure tasks are carried our efficiently.
Keep looking
Bridge Maintance Tech (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 24, 2018
25 cent raise after 15 months that's an insult All of our accounts are frozen they haven't paid our Management of Traffic contractors now they are going out of Business you are paid 12.50 to work 3' from 85mph traffic they value your life at 10,000$ if you are killed on the job and the office workers lives are valued at 50,000$.
DBI not a very well laid out plan buying out your competitors so that you could low ball FDOT Contracts now you don't pay your bills how do you think that your going to fulfill your contractual agreement with FDOT without any materials.
Pros
Cons
no hazard pay low wages
long days
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 15, 2018
long hours, micro managed, low pay- training getting better depends on your manager, but must search for a lot of the answers. Holiday pay if you work the days leading up to them.
Pros
Cons
little pay
Fun
Technician (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 24, 2018
If you like traveling this would be the job for you I don't mind it I like the job but just away from family and my kids alot they pay for everything fuel hotel and $25 a day in per diem
Pros
Good pay get to travel
Cons
Away from family
very busisness oriented
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Jackson, VAJuly 11, 2018
i enjoy working here and spend a lot of time on the road. hardest part of the job is too keep equipment running, alot of break downs and old equipment
Fun work place but low pay.
Truck driver (Current Employee) –  Butler, PAJune 22, 2018
It's great like I haven't found a thing I don't like about this job other than the pay rate is a little low. Good company to work for in my opinion I'm just hoping for some better pay.
Pros
M-f, decent hours, weekly pay
Cons
Pay
Stressful cutthroat place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PAJune 3, 2018
Upper management very crude and unprofessional. If you aren’t part of the click you are treated badly. You either need to be personal friends of management, dating management or employed the when The DeAngelo Brothers were in control of the business to be treated with respect
Cons
Awful management - awful benefits
Highway Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Bunnell, FLMay 30, 2018
A lot of smoke and mirrors! Work gets performed with sub par equipment or without the proper equipment. Manager's try to do things the cheapest route and cut corners when they shouldn't be cut. They like to make the public believe they are doing jobs to specifications, but aren't.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Poor pay and benefits
Terrible management
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dinwiddie, VAMay 11, 2018
The boss picks and chose who she likes...she likes northbound better then southbound. But you get as many breaks as u like. Also some work dont do no work and you have to do it for them
Pros
Pays weekly and as many breaks as you want
Cons
You cant leave to get lunch
You'll get what you put in to it.
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 1, 2018
At DBi services, they invest in you according to the effort you put in. It's an amazing environment that cares and cradles it's employees. I've never seen anything like the way they treat their employees. I worked for a larger company for years and was under appreciated. The main focus in this company is employee satisfaction and safety.
Pros
Care and concern for their employees
Cons
lower vacation time than most companies
Not a good company.
Fountain tech (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2018
I took notes of my hours worked and when i got my first check. Hours was missing from my pay. Now i have to wait for last check to get paid in full.

I had my accounting recheck my hours worked.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Overall Great People and A Great Place To Work
Guardrail Foreman/ Pounder Operator (Current Employee) –  Mount Jackson, VAApril 14, 2018
Since I started on the Guardrail crew, I've enjoyed every bit of it and still do. Although, there is a large production demand which majorly inflicts on the work/home life balance. In addition, for the work that we perform on the guardrail crew, the pay wage is too low in comparison.
Working for DBi Services, you will find a wide range of job positions with great people and great pay, so I would strongly recommend considering.
Pros
Great benefits, great people and environment
Cons
Unfixed, long hours, high risk and unconsiderable pay for certain positions
No job stability, lack of good management
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 5, 2018
The miami atmosphere is chaotic, they have no structure. One manager did all the work while the other ones milked it. It was embarrassing and that's why I no longer work there.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Chaotic
Fast Pace
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 2, 2018
Your work day is fast pace, never a dull moment. I learned to work with 4 different Project Managers and each had there on style. Workplace culture is very formal.
Working for dbi
Highway Technician (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLMarch 22, 2018
I would recommend people to work for Dbi but not the Dbi Miami location there’s no advancing in there project the other Dbi projects are very great besides the Miami project
fun but very busy
Foreman / supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 19, 2018
learned alot from the company management. it was a great place to work working with new customers doing new things all the time was great. the hardest part was training new people in the middle of the season. and working along side the highways was nerve racking at times. but all in all i loved my time with the company and would work there again in a heart beat.
Pros
good beenifits
Cons
long hours and high traffic areas
Former Office Administrator
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 11, 2018
DBI Services was the best company that I have ever worked for. I will never be able to find a company as good as that again. The management was supportive and caring. The fellow employees were amazing. It felt like family. I would stay with the company forever if I did not have to move. I wish I could have taken this company with me when I moved. This is the best company in the world.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DBI SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about