DCEH

DCEH insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Unprofessional work culture

Organization's programs and technology are appealing. Leadership is not transparent with the company's health. Moral is low and lacks diversity. Staff is not motivated.

Pros

Programs

Cons

High stress

Corporate entities affect the culture of higher education.

The major issue I had with DCEH, LLC was the culture that a corporate entity placed on the mindset of our school. Working at an institute of higher education, especially one that works in training/teaching individuals to be viable in fields of commercial art, it makes it very hard to create a RUBBER STAMP system that works to operate multiple schools nationwide. DCEH, LLC was of the mindset that a generalized system could be instituted to manage all of the Art Institutes nationwide and this was a major component of the failure of our school. There are too many demographics and cultures that they were trying to funnel into one mindset. Mismanagement at the corporate level with NO transparency to the individual schools caused too much conflict. Ultimately, the financial greed of DCEH, LLC effected their ability to run all our schools nationwide. The Art Institute of Seattle had to closed on March 8, 2019 after 70+ years of operation. DCEH, LLC bankrupted itself and did nothing to keep a school operating that was financially stable on its own.

Great people, horrible upper management.

DCEH upper management went into receivership, and sold off the three schools, and laid off a couple hundred of us, without any notice, without severance, and didn't even let us work the week out. I know 14 year veterans who received no severance whatsoever. As soon as DCEH came on board the transparency disappeared, and the treachery began.

Pros

great people

Cons

Dceh

Fastpaced, understaffed, and poor internal communication

I worked for this company for fourteen years during through change of ownership from EDMC to DCEH. I experienced increases in job requirements, salary freezes, and the end of monthly/annual reviews.

Pros

Flex time

Cons

no opportunities for grow and pay raises

Lots of layoffs

seen many layoffs over the 10 years there and I only stayed because I got to work remotely from home. I wouldn't have stayed as long if I didn't have that perk.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Dceh

This company was new to me as they became official owners in late 2017. I love what I did as a Student Finance Counselor who work with both employees of DCEH and traditional students who attended Argosy University Online.

Disappointed...

Unrealistic expectations of their employees with nothing to work with. Promises were made but, not kept. Poor business decisions from higher up. When this cause a drastic decline in enrollment, they wanted to blame their employees for their bad choices. New software was not tested full of issues, with not support or answers. Enrollment Counselors were not able to do their job and it provided a very poor new student experience. Many just hung up. A lot of promises were made but, the transition to the new company EDMC to DCEH was a huge disappointment.

Pros

Competitive compensation

Cons

Company does not practice what they preach

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DCEH?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DCEH. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9