DCM Services Employee Reviews

good place for any collector
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 20, 2018
Once hired causal work dress
training the best
co-worker the best
the good work environment
good mangers
free meals
fun competitions
good commissions
Pros
lunch breaks people
Cons
competition
Best job and work place ever!
Account Representative II (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNJanuary 13, 2018
Never worked in a call-center environment before and DCM Services introduces you to their culture with the best training imaginable. 30-day training period with mentors from your department and they work with you every step of the way. I would not even consider leaving but we're moving. It's collections, but they provide a very casual atmosphere with great employee perks, (they feed you!) -- and I recommend them very highly. You can also set your own schedule week to week so it's great for working parents or in my case, works with my commuting schedule. Benefits and compensation are amazing and they understand how difficult the job can be and allow you to set your pace and help you reach your goals.
Collections Calls on families of the deceased
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESNTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 8, 2018
Was led to believe I would most often be calling lawyers and executors of estates to resolve estate debts, but most times it was calling surviving members of families asking for a payment on a debt they were not required to make.

I one time called and a dad answered, his son had committed suicide.

i did not feel good about this
Pros
nice building with plenty of little perks
Cons
collections of family of the dead
Fun culture.
Senior Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNJanuary 8, 2018
It was a great job to get my foot in the door, with they were big on making employees feel included. Had a fun work space, and good people I am thankful for the opportunity that DCM gave me.
Pros
Inclusive environment
Cons
Not many career advancements
Fun place
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 13, 2017
It was a good place to work. I don't recommend working there because if you are absent during training that won't attempt to help you afterwards. They also get mad if you use the restroom.
stressful
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 12, 2017
not much opportunity to receive commissions. you need to negotiate a large hourly wage to make up for a lack of commissions. Training is ok but doesn't reflect the job duties. co-workers are helpful but management lacks compassion or vision.
Good benefits
Estate Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNNovember 11, 2017
Dcm is pretty laid back flexible hours, good benefits, understanding management, and great people. Its located in the bestbuy corporate offfice in Richfield, MN which is a great location.
Pros
Breakfast every end of month, lunch every beginning of month.
Cons
Poor pay, lack of advancement
good pay
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNNovember 3, 2017
Can be stressful and emotionaly draining. They will change regulations very quickly and then deduct your pay if it is not change immediately. Other than that very High Schoolish.
Account Rep
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 7, 2017
Take inbound and make outbound collection calls on deceased accounts. Hardest part of the job is dealing with people who have recently lost a loved on and are trying to resolve their accounts. They pay could definitely be more competitive.
great place to work
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55423September 27, 2017
promotions are not great unless you are promoted within management, if your in a smaller department promotions are slim. happy environment, great earning potential.
Great Management - Amazing Culture - Work Life Balance
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNJune 28, 2017
DCM is a great company to work for! They know how to treat their employees right and really make sure you're fed - weekly bagels, fresh fruit and popcorn as well as monthly lunch and breakfast and cakes for birthdays and anniversaries. Everyone is so friendly and always smiling and managements door is always open whenever you need anything. We are always looking for top talent to join our team and if you are someone who is looking for an amazing culture that allows you flexibility, ongoing training and advancement then you need to work here!
Pros
Culture, Flexibility, Advancement
Cons
Non
Productive, fun environment
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 3, 2017
Great job to work at, great benefits and very welcoming and hard working. Comfortable clothing wear, sit for long hours, set you own schedule and have Saturday and Sunday off and paid holidays
drama team leads
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 20, 2017
I worked at DCM services and the people are great and it truly is a great environment the job itself is different and interesting to learn about but the team leads were horrible and unprofessional .
Pros
free lunches, kind of pick own schedule, nice people
Cons
bad management, nosey
Best job I've had
Senior Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 15, 2017
DCMS is a great company, I've been with them for about 1 1/2 years now. If you're on the collection floor, you've got a cubicle that you're in most of the day - not to say you can't talk with your coworkers! We have a lot of free food 3 days a week and company provided breakfast and lunch once a month EVERY month! There is a lot of potential to earn monthly bonuses, the biggest I've had was close to $2000 on top of my regular pay. The hardest part is dealing with emotional people on the phone, you need to be very empathetic, but not take things to heart. Management for the most part is great, they become almost like a friend if you have a good relationship with them. One of the biggest pluses of this job is making your own schedule - just need to be at 40 hours each week.
Pros
Free food, make your own schedule
Cons
Not as many advancement opportunities
Great place to work if you're young and/or in school
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LADecember 29, 2016
I started working for DCM part time or as needed. As time went on, and others left the company I earned a full time position. The owner of DCM is my Step-Father. I reported to him the first year, and by the end of the year I was running my own shift. DCM no longer secures big projects, so my hours have been cut tremendously. I need and like working full-time now that I live on my own.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
No room for advancement
Great work environment family
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNSeptember 6, 2016
▪ Contacting family members to gather estate information
▪ Following Federal and State regulations during phone calls
▪ Collecting payments to reach monthly goals
▪ Handling escalated phone calls before transferring to a manager
▪ Working in a fast-pace based call-center environment
great location, decent pay
Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 3, 2016
great place call center work. bonus and other incentive. paid time off and holidays. flexible schedules. Mondays bagels, Wednesdays fruits.
A day at work...
Payment Processing Accountant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 2, 2015
For the most part I really enjoyed working with this company. Due to recent changes at home, I need to step down from the high demands of the position.Management is great, the work alone can be challenging, but overall fulfilling. I encourage anyone looking for fast pace, friendly environment to consider this company.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Permission to take time off. Deadlines.
Nice workers, benefits and bonus for meeting goals
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 28, 2015
I think its a great place to work, very felxible, close to home. Overral a great place to work very friendly and understanding managers and team leads.
Pros
Bonus, benefits, pto
Cons
dont hve any cons about this job
Fun place to work, great employees, management was great
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden ValleyFebruary 17, 2015
Manage 120-200 inbound and outbound calls per day to assist executers/executrix and/or attorneys in resolving any outstanding debt of the estate.
• Establish rapport with personal representatives using high ethical standards and an empathetic approach on every call. Maintain call control and use discovery questions in determining if there is an estate, probate, trust or will.
• Use integrity and honesty in resolving outstanding debt of the estate by negotiating a balance paid in full, a settlement paid in full, payment of intent or monthly payment arrangements to resolve any outstanding dept.
• Meet and/or exceed personal monthly goals while maintaining a high customer satisfaction rate.
• Update FAC’s database to ensure all client information is accurate and up to date. Follow up with personal representatives and/or attorneys in a timely manner, send out settlement offers, mail/fax appropriate documents to personal representatives.
• Attend training courses as well as Element K online courses to further develop my education and also ensure that I am up to date on any policies and/or procedures.
Pros
Free bagels every Thursday
Cons
Little room for advancement, hours changed weekly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DCM Services. Our community is ready to answer.