DCP Midstream Employee Reviews

I really miss DCP
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 6, 2018
I did all of the out going payments of checks and wires and Ach payments everyday for DCP. I handled bank recons and researched all journal entries to be done. I also helped auditors with any questions they might have had and dealt very closely with our treasury department and all departments.
Pros
I loved the variety and helping eveyone
Cons
I can't think of any right now
Senior Accountant - Revenue Accounting (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 19, 2018
I honestly did not work very long at DCP due to relocating. But, while I worked at DCP the people were very nice. The only problem I had while working there was the person that was training me and she was only a temporary employee so I am sure with time and once I learned my duties, I would have loved it.
Poor lower level managers
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 19, 2018
Managers watch out for other manager and don't care about the employees. When things start to go wrong management looks for escape goat which happen to be any employee that is willing to speak their mind. Major lack of communication. Rumor mill is the way most news is spread around the company. Too many lower level managers that were good in at the individual contributor position and were promoted to supervisor but lack to training and/or skill to be and effective supervisor. Currently going through a major culture shift and becoming a very negative culture where throwing others under the bus is becoming the new norm.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor low level management.
good company to work for
Rail Car Technician (Former Employee) –  Marysville, MIJuly 22, 2018
I was working there temporary. I tried to get hired, But they had a layoff, I was unloading railcars, The people were very nice, And I liked working for this company, I wanted to work there as a regular employee, They liked me, The management is good and my boss was excellent.
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
temporary job
The overall company is great the risk group was disorganized
Team Lead (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2018
DCP was beginning to struggle and it showed in the moral of the employees. None of the lower people's work was checked and the audit failed multiple times. People began leaving when rumors started that the company was relocated to another state.
Team members were awesome!
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 11, 2018
Teamwork was great. All of the Operators were helpful all of the time. I thoroughly enjoyed working for DCP Midstream until I went to work for the Roberts Ranch Field.
WHat is this
Commercial buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2018
I have no idea that I need to write a review in order to use Indeed. It is against my personal belief to bad mouthing other people. Or foreced to give an opinon
Hot and cold, depending on job and location
Sr. Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 28, 2018
Gas Plant Operators loved it, lots of hours, with relatively easy work. Poor local management in some places, good in others. No consistency, and difficult to get real approval, but easy forgiveness. No budgets!
Overall pretty good
Public Affairs Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO & Houston, TXJune 10, 2018
DCP is a great place to work with a high emphasis on safety. There is an awards program, it's just not very popular among employees. A new program is likely coming based on employee feedback. Some things related to travel and number of meetings really depends on your position within the organization. Employees are engaged to help determine the culture of the company, help create better work processes & partner with executives to bring those goals to fruition. Employees get to have a large share in creating the DCP of the future.
Stressful Environment
Buyer II / Capital Project and Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2018
This is a very stressful place to work. The management is poor and there is no clear career advancement path. There seems to only be advancement for certain people.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor management
Coworkers wer like family
Senior Commercial Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2018
I enjoyed the people i worked with the most. When i first started the management was great. Something happened along the way that created a bad environment. however, things have gotten better so i've heard.
Pros
people
Cons
management
Good job just poor management.
lead operator (Former Employee) –  Goliad, TXMay 2, 2018
Good Gas plant but no management. Lack of experience in postions that were very important. Good place for an accident. Some very good guys that work there and concerned for their safety.
Not a bad employer
Plant Operator/Labourer (Current Employee) –  EuniceApril 29, 2018
Not a bad company to work for but always looking to improve and broaden my horizons. The company is constantly changing and of course, it creates a feeling of uncertainty but I am confident in my employment and I am not put off by the thought of change.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Limited pay for experience.
Plant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Borger, TXApril 6, 2018
DCP is a good place to work. The benefits and pay are very good. The training is one of the few things that DCP is lacking in. On the job training is what DCP uses. This works very well when you have people that are willing to help.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Training
Good Company with a great future
Permit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kennedy, TXApril 4, 2018
Enjoyed working for DCP. I felt they provided you with everything you needed to accomplish your responsibilities. The supervisors were good to work with and the associates were good to work with also. Enjoyed the work.
Pros
Good Work Atmosphere
Good place
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Good place to work until they sell parts of the company and closed the Beaumont terminal down. All employees were treated professionally and carried themselves well.
Management isn't concerned about employees
Fields OP II (Former Employee) –  Lindsey OklahomaFebruary 27, 2018
They put you in positions where you can not succeed . They are so understaffed you have to do job of 3 people and you can't get it done. They tell you to do a job then pull you off to do something else.
Great Place
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMFebruary 25, 2018
lot of hours for some , not many for others VERY clannish. poor equipment , lack of leadership waste money on small things and neglect vehicle upgrades and preventive service on the field compressors
Pros
great pay lots of OverTime
Cons
Caos, no body knows exactly whats going on at any moment
Job ended due to no funding
Operations Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland TexasFebruary 19, 2018
Due to DCP 2020 surviving till 2020 and realignment the entire training department was not funded and shrank down to one person. Companies need to do what they need in order to survive.
Just a big "dog and pony show"
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  TXFebruary 3, 2018
Long hours but descent compensation. Management is sub-par and spineless. Everyone is afraid to speak up and say what they really think. Perform like circus bears and there is plenty of room for advancement, just don't disagree or suggest the company can do better.
Anything a corporate employee says or does is right, and will never be held accountable.