dd's DISCOUNTS Employee Reviews

Poor management
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2018
Multiple coworkers stealing from each other; management didn't followed the standard procedures and kept them in the team. They overwork their employees and still pay them the same. Coworkers mistreat you and try to take advantage of their positions.
Pros
Discounts 3 times a year
Cons
Poor management, minimal hours, overwork
Carson store is not a place i would recommend.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAOctober 18, 2018
Managers very rude to employees. Get upset of you dont meet goal and cut off hours and days when things don't go their way. Not recommended. If you give a two week notice they would loterraly put you to work 2 days out that 2 weeks.
Pros
Nice coworker's
Cons
Rude
Excelente
Almacenista (Current Employee) –  KissimmeeOctober 17, 2018
Buen compañerismo
Bien ordenada
Excelente
Y nada q cambiar.
Pros
Entendible
Cons
Ninguna
Great for learning customer service
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 14, 2018
You learn a lot about customer service with the diverse shoppers that come in. There is room for advancement but regular associates get very little hours and there are almost no benefits. The scheduling is pretty flexible. But not enough payroll to schedule the amount of employees needed to complete work.
Fast paced.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAOctober 14, 2018
At the beginning it was fun to work with this company, because of the rhythm that it follows, fast paced and always keeps you busy, but it seems like , that if your good at what you do, you're supposed to do more and more with the same amount of payment as everyone else.
Quick fast-paced job
Stock Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 13, 2018
This is a job where you would like to work only a couple hours in the early morning. Most of the employees don't have designated areas, everyone just helps out everywhere when needed.
its alright job not enough hours
STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2018
pay was ok, no hours offered switched schedules bklablahabldhaskhflsdahfdlskhfdskhfdslhfasdhfdsjflsdafsfdsfdsafdsfdsf asdfdfsdfdsafdsafdfdsafdfdsafddfdaf
Good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 5, 2018
As it was my first job, i loved my fellow employee's and manager. They all helped out with my shortcoming and improved them with every day work. Its a good start to put your foot in the door when starting out in the workforce. Happy i didn't stay long, for the store was unorganized sometimes and we had less space for products to put out, so it looked to full and overstocked with products. But overall, it is a good store and company to work at, plus you get half off on items there and at Ross so it was a win- win situation. I hope i work somewhere like the store but their be more focused on being organized on their store then how dd's was.
Pros
customer service and employees
Cons
lunch, break, and unorganized were off and unfairly short.
productive cashier.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 4, 2018
its a good job, normally quick paced but easy. Management is poor and training was not good, they expected me to learn by myself with no training. The only bad this is cleaning up the shoe aisle !
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Wasnt bad
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 4, 2018
It was a good experienece. Some of the co worker s were friendly the othrs did not care. A lot a work for so little pay. Tarinning was awful because others didnt want to tech you had to learn by yourself
fun place to work and grown within the company
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2018
my day at work is ok, I have learned to manage the time of working as a manager. the workplace culture is very positive, the great part about the job is customer service and helping associates get into development to grow within the company.
Pros
great people to work with
benefits
Great Coworkers
Fashion Consultant (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 1, 2018
Managers should try to get a long better for the company. More hours not only for full timers but for part time also. Let employees know when there's a new position available. Lovely coworkers everyone gets along with each other, like a family.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Bad hours, lack of communication with managers, and not enough workers.
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 29, 2018
worst experience of my life. customers are always rude. your schedule is always inconsistent. it was a really stressful work enviroment. doens't have any benefits.
fun work place great hours great pay
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXSeptember 28, 2018
i enjoyed working at dds the pay was good and so were the hours. My experiences with the customers was also good overall and i always enjoyed my co-workers. Management was alright for the most part.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
short lunches
Loved it because of the people
Full Time Sales floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2018
I worked in the men's department full time, my manager typically let me find my own tasks to do unless he needed me for something else. All of the management staff were really cool and didn't mind taking up for the employee's if they knew we did everything right. There was always something to do and I was always busy which I loved. My particular store was a awesome place to work, even though the customers were sometimes super rude.
Pros
Great management, lots of projects to do
Cons
Rude customers, very long lines, not enough staff
October 1, 2018

We’re proud of our brand and the people who work here. It’s always nice to be able to recognize our great Associates. Thanks for sharing!

ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2018
hiring boss was very dependable and did a very good job. ending boss was horrible and should have never been a manager. work expectations was ok, but employees were not very motivated to work or do their assigned work for day to full capacity.
Poor Management
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2018
Working at DD's Discount is the worst. There is poor management and the managers and area supervisors are incompetent. You only get promoted unless you have a personal relationship with the Store Manager and District Manager.
October 1, 2018

We hold our store managers to high standards, and what you’ve described here does not reflect the conduct we expect from our managers or management training we provide. Promotions are not given based on personal relationships. They are given based on merit and demonstrated skill. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will use the feedback to help our managers understand what’s expected of them and why.

what it's like for DD'D DISCOUNT
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Working for DD's discount is very good it help you with working on your people skill, management there is good, helping someone out when they cant find what there looking for is something i love to do.
Do not apply
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  24055 Hesperian Blvd Hayward ca 94544September 19, 2018
The 2 co workers I had here that trained me were great but MANAGEMENT IS TRASH!! Do not apply here !!! The management is all over the place and so is corporate! They are just a MESS
Sucks
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 17, 2018
The company pays you close to nothing you work long hours and have to work on the clock at a fast pace the managers suck too and too much drama and bs
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your comment, we’re sorry to hear you felt unsatisfied with your compensation. We work hard to make sure our pay and benefits are competitive in all markets. We take all feedback seriously and have shared your comments with our compensation team for further evaluation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at dd's DISCOUNTS. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about