dd's DISCOUNTS

dd's DISCOUNTS Employee Reviews

United States1,626 reviews

Found 1,626 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,632 reviews
dd'sclothediscountcustomhourstoredd’sassociate

Productive place to work at

Unfortunately management was very unorganized, and the hours aren't flexible. The people that I worked with made the job more enjoyable than it really should have been.

Hit or miss depending on management team.

Management doesn't always realize they set the tone for the store. Bitter and demanding leaders results in unhappy associates which results in high turn-over./Surprisingly/, associates will stay at a job if they feel recognized and appreciated by their team leaders, even if the pay sucks; and even more so when they see management actually working and not just hiding in the office.It's not hard to move up in the company.

This company is a black hole.

All they do is take from you. They expect you to do the job of higher management, without the pay. The turn over rate is so high because of a lack of consistency, structure, and an overall lack of proper management. If you're "friends" with management, then you get promoted. Hard work does not matter here. Only how much they can use you.

Easy job

Very easy job just tiring since you're on your feet all day. Management treated me really nice and were very flexible with my schedule. I would of stayed longer but left for family matters.

Great staff

Not worth the mental health problems or headaches great people to work with in some stores make the work environment fun or boring made good and bad memories

Fun work place with great coworkers and managers

My experience has been great managers are really nice its been a pleasure to work at dds all employees get along it's a nice environment working hours have been fair 2 me for a part time I really appreciate the opportunity they gave me as I had no experience.

Pretty Good entry job

I would recommend anyone that is looking for experience in retail or stock to work in DD's Discounts or Ross both are pretty good for entry level jobs.

Stocking

Dd discount are not that flexible schedule if you are under Medicaid or SSI. you don’t need to prove them about your Medicaid you just tell them.

Just don’t go

They’ll overwork you in Jonesboro ga. They don’t care about things you have to do they wanna get all the hours they can , we’ll up to 38-39 so they don’t have to pay you for overtime

Can listen to music while I work

Its an okay job not surely enough can feed a family its literally just an job. The people at the job is what makes it enjoyable. Everybody in there is very friendly.

Worst place to work

Maybe it's okay for a seasonal job or something like that but it is as any other retail job nothing surprising and it's the same thing everyday, boring, rude customers, poor management, and lack of professionalism by employees. I lasted two weeks and it was enough for me to decided to move on with something else.

Pros

Items discounts

Cons

Pretty much everything else.

Give better pay

The pay needs to get better when fast foods are paying way more. The management doesn't value your hard work. Coworkers are the only saving grace from the time spent working here.

Underpaid and understaffed

They don’t schedule enough people to get everything done. Then they get mad when things aren’t perfect. You do not get paid enough for what they want you to done. Also the customers are terrible. Management usually stay in the office and barks orders. This is why they have such a high turnover.

Not a bad place to work

lots of process to follow lots of almost micromanagement they want every store the exact same witch is hard to do but it's not terrible. I started as a part-time seasonal employee & now I'm the assistant store manager. My GM did the same. so did the area Supervisor. so lots of growth opportunities that's good. the pay isn't awful but could be better.

Pros

20% discount

Cons

pay isn't as high as other companies

Need to do better

They will lead on that they are there for you and will communicate when necessary that is not the case the manager and stock lead will make you feel all they're negative energy. They need to do better in all aspect. Staff continues to be over worked most of them and managers does not help unless corporate is coming .

Good Discount.

I suppose it works, if you’re in a management/supervisor position. Most of the employees are part-time therefore no paid time off, no set schedule, no real benefits, no sick pay, and very low pay. Management doesn’t communicate with the staff, unless you’re one of their favorites, and there seems to be a lot of favoritism.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Low pay, inconsistent schedule, and no benefits. Many call offs, so many times it is short staffed. High turnover rate.

They expect alot from you for little pay

I enjoyed some of my co-workers but ultimately the pay sucks. They expect you to clean a whole half section of a store alone and if you know ross and DDs during tax and Christmas time you know it's a whole mess. They don't care they still expect you to clean the store plus work cashier at the same time. Yet, have the whole store cleaned at the end of the day. The pay is not worth it

Pros

Free lunches sometimes if your their

Cons

Little pay, to much expectation

Nice place for a first job

This would make a nice first job but not long term. This job is good for people who are still in high school and just want some free cash it’s also good for people who are trying to save a little to get a car or to have money when they go back to college.

Pros

Good first work experience

Great coworkers, bad management

Management and work is overbearing. If you’re a stock associate you’ll rarely get lunches or breaks and always get home later than you’re expected. Not very fun.

Starts off good until they cut hours..

When I was first hired in November 2021 I was receiving about 23hrs a week. I have been at the company about 4 months and now I only get 10+hrs a week...they make you leave early before your shift is done. They promote people who tend to be on the lazy side and who play favorites. They over staff like crazy using the excuse that people call in a lot, which imo isn't true or else I'd get more shifts to pick up. They say they can offer you full-time in the future during the hiring process but it's a lie. They give all the hours to people who have a horrible work ethic and barely to the people who actually do a good job.

Pros

Provide water/snacks

Cons

Cut hours/shifts, Poor management

good part time job for students

Good work environment, however, there is favoritism. Lazy workers get promoted to MODs and they're in their phones all day. The store manager and assistant manager are nice.

Pros

work well with school schedule

Cons

lazy MODs

Common questions about dd's DISCOUNTS

Answered by current and former employees at dd's DISCOUNTS

Ask a question about working or interviewing at dd's DISCOUNTS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits