dd's DISCOUNTS Employee Reviews

Everyday
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 16, 2018
There was time that there was no business at all and tend to send a lot of people home. There was at times favoritism and new people couldn't get more hours.
Unproductive and mistreated
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAAugust 15, 2018
In a typical day at this work I felt that management did not appreciate what I was able to do. My hours were constantly cut, over-worked and was mistreated by customers. Supervisors were unclear with what they wanted. The most enjoyable part of y job was some of the other employees.
Pros
Double discount 3 times a year.
Cons
Very minimal hours
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2018
Great co workers, loved the managment, they really look out for you and work with your schedule the only issue is no benefits but good people to be around and there is room for advancement.
Pros
Multiple breaks if needed, lunch breaks
Cons
No benefits
Fun
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2018
I had a blast working here. My managers and co-workers were very fun and team players. We all worked the store as one. Work was very enjoyable and exciting.
nice job but not enough work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2018
dds discount was a nice place to work but the one I was at only hired part time and temp workers . since I had to move I had to quit my job but overall it is s nice job with nice pay. the only thing I didn't like is the little hours i was scheduled to work
Pros
nice salary
Cons
no benefits
good place to work for temporary
Cashier, Customer Service, Stocking (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAAugust 7, 2018
this is a good place to work and gain experience in retail. you learn to be a fast paced cashier and fast paced stock team member. you learn to deal with all kinds people.
Good co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLAugust 6, 2018
It was ok as a first job to work at. I didn’t really like the 30 minutes lunch for all the work we were doing. They really need people to do the returns while the store is close.
Pros
Overtime. Weekend off
Cons
The back room where we unload trucks was too small for 200 or more boxes, and plus it was hot
dds
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2018
working there was not the best, store had a lot of down sides. work was stressful, long hours with unorganized shifts. the pay was good but that is all.
okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Balch Springs, TXAugust 2, 2018
there were times where the manager was unable to work with rep. there was not enough hours to be able to work. Manager would take advantage of a rep when personal problems occur and terminate reps
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
not enough hours even for part-time
Great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 31, 2018
It was a fun,easy, fast, reliable job for the short amount of time I worked there. Customers and coworkers are wonderful. Great merchandise, low pricing.
Pros
Great work place
Prodoutive
Floors salesman (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 30, 2018
A typical day at DDS would have to be running the go back carts, Being a Cashier, and sorting the hangers by sizes. I learned how to organize objects properly and put then back where they belong. The workplace environment was odd, when I started working there everyone was hostile towards me except a few people. The management team really did not do much until they were called to the sales floor and they always had attitudes whenever you tries to ask them a question. The hardest part of the job was trying to become adjusted to the environment.
Pros
employe discounts
Cons
They do not provide enough working hours
Messy customers and poor communication
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJuly 30, 2018
I would work in fitting room and customers would let their kids drop toys anywhere they pleased. Customers are very messy. Had to pick up feces and clean up urine, plenty of times. Many thieves who get away because the SPS cannot do anything much about it only do reports. And a huge problem was FAVORITISM. The only positive was that they are very flexible with hours and days requested get approved.
Pros
flexible hours, days requested get approved
Cons
Favoritism
It’s very stressful, fast paced
Lost Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 28, 2018
You got to have a visual of what’s going on in the store, look for potentials, and customer service them, make sure there’s no backpacks worn in the store no food or drinks
Ok Job
Retail Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 25, 2018
Enjoyed being a manager. Okay distance between my job and home. 40 hours a week and paid was pretty ok. As a single mom was able to take care of my family
Temporary but relaxed place to work
Cashier/Customer service (Former Employee) –  BVL, FLJuly 23, 2018
No complaints really. Hours were not that great at times but bieng that it was a temporary part time i did not expect alot. Discount was good but overall a relaxed place to work.
Great Summer Job
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 22, 2018
Working with DD's is like working with your partner eventually they get tired of benig around you and stop calling. All jokes aside it's a pleaseant atmosphere to work in coworkers are nice and they really engage with each other it begins to feel like a family, then they stop calling you over for game night.
the most slowest job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 21, 2018
managers are rude and require you to do to much that your not assigned to. Store always a mess never can stay clean. Customers are rude and nonchalant about what we can and cant do for them
Pros
nothing
Cons
rude customers
Retail associate
Retail associate (Former Employee) –  North las vJuly 17, 2018
Very busy job with constant customers ,some more difficult then others .A lot of diverse customers and great staff to work with .always have something to do
Good for a temporary job
(P/T) Front End Supervisor/Trainee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2018
More of job for college students or young teenage adults, its more set for people that don't need much money and set in life rather than those that are looking for a career and advancement in life.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
No benefits, No career path, Lack F/T employment
Productive work area
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLJuly 13, 2018
A typical day at work and a costumer ask me for something that we no longer carried.So it was my job to let the customer know that the item is out of stock and next shipment we be in on that following monday.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Until Season Transition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at dd's DISCOUNTS. Our community is ready to answer.