dd's DISCOUNTS Employee Reviews

Very stressful, tiring
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  San Fernando, CAJanuary 30, 2019
First of all, they don't give you enough hours. They'll give you maybe like 10 to 20 hours a week and that's only if you are really fast. The manager has favorites so a lot of times is not even about the work you can perform. They always pick their favorite to be employee of the month. They don't wanna give you raises either. And you can be there for years in the same position because if they see, you are really good at something they don't wanna move you to a different position. Most new girls are the ones moving up, which is not fair. Some of the assistant manager are very lazy. They don't wanna do anything just to stand
there and look cute. Some of them don't even how to do certain things like how you properly process clothes or shoes. They don't know anything about sizing or where things go in the store, yet they are managers.l don't recommend dds discount as a good place to work if you are trying to make money.
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Short breaks, extremely messy, unorganized
productive fastpaced working space
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 18, 2018
In empowering the role as Stock room lead I learned leadership skills and how to manage others according to my jobs standards and still working in a fast moving environment.
I had to manage between 4 to 10 people at a time all while maintaining the flow of the work place, side by side with my crew, involved every step of the way, so that I could be hands on with them getting the job done effectively and as promptly as possible.
And being in retail or as in any job for that matter the hardest part would be keeping up in such a fast pace in such short time so it lacks communication because everyone is striving so hard to succeed at their daily task and it becomes very tedious. Not much time for fun but working in the stockroom has its benefits, and
I would have to say that would be the most enjoyable part of my job, the people that I managed and how well we worked together as a team and everyone having the same goal ultimately!
Pros
free food every once in a while, friendly co workers
Cons
short breaks, being on your feet
change is needed
MOD/Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 26, 2018
My experience at Dds discounts started off very strongly and positively. However, it slowly became a hostile work environment. I was trained at the beginning and less than 2 weeks later was threatened with a write up and a pay demotion for not doing the online training fast enough. This company needs much more training to each and every staff member. This company also needs more reasonable financial compensation.
Pros
Was hired from outside the company
Cons
Much more needed hands on training
Fast paced fun retail environment
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 4, 2019
Days are generally 8 hours for full time employees. Health care is available at a cost and includes vision and dental benefits at an extra cost. Coworkers are fun and knowledgeable and management is flexible for needs. Advancement (promoting from within) is encouraged by corporate.
Attitudes for Days!
Cashier/Sales Associate/Stock (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 7, 2018
Working at this company included attitudes from the people in the front of the store (cashiers, SPS, fitting rooms), and the people in the back of the store (stock). There were times when managers praised people who did a good job, but there were also times when managers would get attitudes instead of acting professionally.
Pros
Discountsssss
Cons
Attitudes
Very nice Managers, pay could be better
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 8, 2018
Although this job pays $11 an hour you don't get many hours. so, i'm still seeing minimum wage size pay checks. no benefits for part time employees except for 20% discount when you shop. Not a lot of room for career advancement. I love the managers and all the area supervisors everyone is nice and understanding. the hardest part of this job is accepting when other people are doing it wrong. if it's not your job don't worry about it cuz it will stress you out.
Pros
$11/hr. Nice managers. Always something to do so you're never bored.
Cons
Not enough scheduled hours, no benefits.
Great for learning customer service
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 14, 2018
You learn a lot about customer service with the diverse shoppers that come in. There is room for advancement but regular associates get very little hours and there are almost no benefits. The scheduling is pretty flexible. But not enough payroll to schedule the amount of employees needed to complete work.
Productive, nice place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Flexible hours, friendly co-workers, managers are strict but very nice at the same time. I loved working at Dd's, but I just wanted to try something different. I highly recommend working there, especially if it's a full time position in orders to get benefits.
fun place to work and grown within the company
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2018
my day at work is ok, I have learned to manage the time of working as a manager. the workplace culture is very positive, the great part about the job is customer service and helping associates get into development to grow within the company.
Pros
great people to work with
benefits
it is a fun place to work at
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Current Employee) –  TXOctober 24, 2018
the management would need a bit more work but it is improving. there are no benefits for part-time. the work place is fun. what i have learned about management is communication
Great management, sucky hours.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 29, 2018
Management is cool with you taking days off, they encourage you to make the best effort even if the pay sucks. Select people get so many hours a week while I see other people barely get a day of work at all and that's mostly because we'd go over payroll. Cool environment to work in and management is awesome but don't rely on making a lot of money even if you request more hours. I'm not even sure if it's worth it waiting for my yearly raise and if it weren't for the awesome and understanding supervisors and store manager, I would've quit a long time ago.
Pros
Paid lunch, awesome management, fun
Cons
Little pay for how much you contribute to the store
Fun workplace
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 27, 2018
I enjoy working for the company over all. We can get very busy but with the right team anything is possible. And they also have many great employee benefits.
Pros
20% off in store
Cons
Very busy
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2018
Great co workers, loved the managment, they really look out for you and work with your schedule the only issue is no benefits but good people to be around and there is room for advancement.
Pros
Multiple breaks if needed, lunch breaks
Cons
No benefits
Good for a temporary job
(P/T) Front End Supervisor/Trainee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2018
More of job for college students or young teenage adults, its more set for people that don't need much money and set in life rather than those that are looking for a career and advancement in life.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
No benefits, No career path, Lack F/T employment
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 29, 2018
worst experience of my life. customers are always rude. your schedule is always inconsistent. it was a really stressful work enviroment. doens't have any benefits.
Mod plus
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 15, 2018
DD's Discounts give all associates a 20% discount for all transactions made which makes it a good thing. DD's is a high volume and fast paced retail store. All corporate members communicate different information, no one is on the same page. All associates work really hard and no compensation. Backup management gets paid the minimum wage as the other associates.
Pros
Get discounts and flexible hours
Cons
relocate constantly (management), no communication, stressful, no hours, no back up (cashiering), and no bathrooms.
nice job but not enough work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2018
dds discount was a nice place to work but the one I was at only hired part time and temp workers . since I had to move I had to quit my job but overall it is s nice job with nice pay. the only thing I didn't like is the little hours i was scheduled to work
Pros
nice salary
Cons
no benefits
Fun work place
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJuly 9, 2018
Greeting customers, responding to questions, improving engagement with merchandise and providing outstanding customer service. Operating cash registers, managing financial transactions. Achieving established goals.
Receive and process merchandise
Stock up shelves with new merchandise/products
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Offer no benefits
its a job
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 30, 2018
upper management focuses on negative and certain managers dont hold associates accountable. full time associates and managers are scheduled 37.50 not 40 hours a week. only positive is schedules come out a month in advance and yearly bonuses. payroll is not consistent and most of the time schedule cuts are made which make managers work twice as hard. documentation is never done in this company. anybody can call out arrive late leave early because upper management doesn't care unless it happens on their shift.
Pros
Bonuses Yearly
Cons
Fairness from associate and managers. career growth from within is hit or miss
You learn something new everyday
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJune 25, 2018
The hardest part of the job is when you are short staffed. I have learned how to manage my time more effectively. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the associates.
Pros
great associates
Cons
company benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at dd's DISCOUNTS. Our community is ready to answer.