dd's DISCOUNTS Employee Reviews

Busy but friendly
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 11, 2018
It's busy but the team is all very helpful with each other. I work in the fitting room and on the sales floor. I rearrange the clothing and the products throughtout my shift.
Attitudes for Days!
Cashier/Sales Associate/Stock (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 7, 2018
Working at this company included attitudes from the people in the front of the store (cashiers, SPS, fitting rooms), and the people in the back of the store (stock). There were times when managers praised people who did a good job, but there were also times when managers would get attitudes instead of acting professionally.
Pros
Discountsssss
Cons
Attitudes
DD's Discount
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CADecember 4, 2018
While working in DD's there was many things required and the work wouldn't stop. Furthermore, my hours were constantly cut on very short notices. However, managers were able to work with my school schedule.
Cons
Hours were always cut.
Poor management
Seasonal sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 3, 2018
The management was VERY difficult to work with. Scheduling/time off was a hassle and a half, as well as a severe lack of direction and training. Opening managers were often late.
Pros
Security would wait outside with employees waiting for rides
Collaborative Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 27, 2018
Working as a sales clerk at DD's Discount proved to be a great experience for my first job. Working with a team that mutually enjoyed working with one another, and no competition among each other was great. When I first started I had some of the season workers who was glad to assist me with and questions that I may have had. For example, where to locate certain items or how to alert a manager when I see someone attempting to steal merchandises. As a matter of fact, many of my coworkers from DD's Discount I continue to have contact with them currently.
Pros
Collaborative coworkers, fun, five star customer service
change is needed
MOD/Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 26, 2018
My experience at Dds discounts started off very strongly and positively. However, it slowly became a hostile work environment. I was trained at the beginning and less than 2 weeks later was threatened with a write up and a pay demotion for not doing the online training fast enough. This company needs much more training to each and every staff member. This company also needs more reasonable financial compensation.
Pros
Was hired from outside the company
Cons
Much more needed hands on training
Very productive and busy place to work.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Compton, CANovember 20, 2018
Very busy work place and i enjoyed it because i like being busy and dealing with customers. The management was very good at training their employees and keeping the workplace always safe.
Lifes grand
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 19, 2018
Do you like your sanity if so dds may not be for you. High stress causes alot of life problems. Poor communication from management. Unorganized. They need to treat employees alot better.
productive fastpaced working space
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 18, 2018
In empowering the role as Stock room lead I learned leadership skills and how to manage others according to my jobs standards and still working in a fast moving environment.
I had to manage between 4 to 10 people at a time all while maintaining the flow of the work place, side by side with my crew, involved every step of the way, so that I could be hands on with them getting the job done effectively and as promptly as possible.
And being in retail or as in any job for that matter the hardest part would be keeping up in such a fast pace in such short time so it lacks communication because everyone is striving so hard to succeed at their daily task and it becomes very tedious. Not much time for fun but working in the stockroom has its benefits, and
I would have to say that would be the most enjoyable part of my job, the people that I managed and how well we worked together as a team and everyone having the same goal ultimately!
Pros
free food every once in a while, friendly co workers
Cons
short breaks, being on your feet
Tense work enviroment
FE (Front End ), Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  GRETNA/MARERRONovember 15, 2018
Horrible work environment.
To much favoritism and overlook on associates
No structure or discipline
Rules only apply on select associates
Poor problem/conflict resolution
Stressful work experience.
Front End/Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arvada, CONovember 12, 2018
At dd's, nothing was run with efficiency or consistency. All employees struggled to have hours as well as complete tasks given to them by management. Management was heartless. It's in your best interest to NOT apply to dd's.
work environment and supervisors were toxic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 11, 2018
horrible treatment. understaffed but overworked. bad pay. management was childish and manipulative. everything is timed and about "pay roll". not an inviting environment or company. constantly messy. training was lacking and different per person.
Pros
coworkers were nice, unless they were power hungry
Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 11, 2018
I love it here. The managers are amazing, u can always run to them. The coworkers are cool to colaborate with. Its a fast-paced job and full of discounts not only for the customers but for us employees also.
Pros
Break room
Cons
Short breaks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 10, 2018
Greeted customers, responded to questions, improved engagement with merchandise and provided outstanding customer service. Operating cash registers, managing financial transactions, stocking shelves, and balancing drawers.
Face paced environment
Stock Associate/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2018
This job was seasonal/temporary. But overall the experience was ok, all main attending supervisors were friendly. the only issue was the scheduling, last minute changes.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Last minute schedule changes
Nice workplace
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 29, 2018
It was slow at times and there was always someone to talk to. Of course there was times i had to put my foot down , but nothing major. Even for working in the hood i think it was fun
worked well with Customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAOctober 28, 2018
I worked well with customer service and assured merchandise was available for customers. Also worked with customers at the cash registers to assure they were happy.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
part time
Decent Enough, but Poor for the Long Run
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 28, 2018
The people are friendly and the work environment is nice. The problem is poor shift management, usually under staffed, always cutting shifts due to payroll - and without warning. Management is friendly enough and understanding with personal issues, but not a job I see myself staying at
Fun workplace
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 27, 2018
I enjoy working for the company over all. We can get very busy but with the right team anything is possible. And they also have many great employee benefits.
Pros
20% off in store
Cons
Very busy
Always busy, never the same day twice
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLOctober 26, 2018
Very fast paced, long hours, tight payroll, store is open 830-1030 every day, schedule is challenging for amount of work involved, effective systems and processes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at dd's DISCOUNTS. Our community is ready to answer.