dd's DISCOUNTS
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100

dd's DISCOUNTS Employee Reviews

Found 1,479 reviews matching the search
Decent work environment most of the time, they'll work with you on your schedule. Free food in breakroom. No advancements or raises ever; even after years. Hr sucks,rude customers and messy store. Some drama. Busy and hectic during holidays.
Pros
Free food in breakroom and decent work environment
Cons
No affordable benefits, hr is NOT your friend here
Yeah basically it's good if you don't want to work in food and you want more than minimum wage. Nice coworkers. Rude customers, hr don't fire ppl who need to be fired, no raises or anything. Work here on the way to finding work somewhere else
Pros
Nice coworkers, good breakroom, discount, decent(ish) pay
Cons
No raises ever, being a manager is a ton of extra work for almost no raise, rude customers, creepers, no hours or too many hours, some rude coworkers
Hard labor work less pay and short hours. If you looking for good pay and mores hours this is not the place. Always short of workers unfair labor practice.
It’s a nice job if you know how to stand your ground. They like to demand things from you just because they feel they can. They can’t. DONT let them over work you without your 3 breaks AND an hour lunch if you work over 10 hours. It is not your fault they’re understaffed and have bad management. Just because they have bad communication doesn’t mean you do, communicate your wants and needs. Other than that love the experience, definitely taught me to set boundaries and such! Love meeting new people too :)!
Pros
20% discount on SOME stuff -.-
Cons
Terrible management
Is this is your first job it's a great place to work at, if you have school or other activities it's easy to work around your schedule always depends on your manager
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
The manager plays favorites, and will talk bad about somebody behind their back to one of their favorite employees. The manager will yell at you for the smallest thing in front of other people instead of taking you into a room and talking to you one on one. If you wanna relive high school drama again, I would suggest you work here.
Pros
Cons
Manager
My work experience at this DD’s Discount on Riverdale was terrible. The store manager never worked a full shift and left early everyday. It was never enough staff to cover each shift. The store is dirty and management just picks up off the floors at night instead of fully recovering. Overall just a bad work experience at this DD’s location.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, over worked bad management
Fun to work Friendly staff Great place to workFlexible schedule for looking a part time job But short break, only 30 minutes lunch break and it’s unpaid
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short break
I was a MOD plus/ full time employee. They would change stores hours with out asking us if it’s okay. We are treated like managers but not paid for it. A part timer would make more an hour than me. They hire very unreliable employees and expect us to just deal with it.
Cons
Must have open availability
Good part time job but no room for that much growth. Can be unorganized. There is little to none benefits but job is very flexible. A person can work different positions as long as your willing to learn .
Really nice managers and employees . Overall workday could be a little stressful depending on how busy it is . Workplace could be more structured otherwise its definitely a good first job .
Pros
Flexible
Cons
A little unstructured
When i started this job i was actually pretty excited, it seemed easy enough with good pay rate, but then i started and my opinion quickly changed, They are so disorganized i was told by multiple managers to just put merchandise where ever it fits even though the aisles were a huge mess, their stock room is such a mess too so much that sometimes we had be trapped in a square surrounded by product, on top of that the store manager assumed i knew how to do everything and when i needed to be taught they would just give me a summary of what i had to do and wouldn't properly teach me how to. on top of all that i soon started to have the skin on my fingers peel off from doing the exact same thing everyday and back problems due to their small working spaces. In the end i ended up quiting, even though i know it wont look good on me i did it to better my health. I was waking up depressed from this jobs and soon started to show symptoms of stress because my life wasn't going too smooth at the moment and any time i had to call in they wouldn't believe my reasoning, i even got yelled at by the store manager once because he "is just gonna assume i just didn't wanna come in" and he questioned work ethic, in the end my impression of the company because of this store is that its a self loathed overwhelming job that has no consideration for the struggles a person can have and doesn't care about anything but you working ur scheduled hours so they can cancel ur shift whenever they dont which i went a whole two weekd without working once because they kept canceling my shift and then would ask me - more...
Pros
Easy and straight forward
Cons
Disorganized, no variety you do the same thing everyday while just standing
Do not work here if you have kids or even a life. They want you stay from 10 am all the way until 10:30pm sometimes. This is ridiculous!! Open availability does not mean take advantage of hardworking people
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
It's not a good place if you have family,but if you are a teenager that's enroll in college you can take it for getting more experience in your life also your resume
Pros
Free discount
Cons
Long break
It’s an easy and flexible place to work. Management is usually quite understanding about personal issues and will let you take time off if needed.
Pros
Decent management
Cons
Hectic schedules
I got easily promoted for management after only working there for 2 months. I was put on the spot for so many tasks and never was properly trained on anything. The management team only cares about themselves and does not care or listen to the employees issues or needs. You will get yelled at for doing you’re best work and if you need to leave in the middle of your shift. They always change your schedule and never communicated it with anyone. The purposely short staff their least favorite people and do not help you when you need it. I was apart of this team and was treated horribly. I was the only manager people would want to talk to about issues or time off because no one else listened to them. When I went to corporate about the work environment I was working in they also did not care or listen to my problems. This place did non ethical things and should not be open for business.
Cons
Management, compensation, work environment
The company is very greedy all they care about is money! They over work you and under pay you! It’s rare to get a raise unless they raise minimum wage!
Pros
40% discounts 3x a year
Cons
Poor compensation
If you are young go ahead, especially if you are bored. Don’t stay at this job. They don’t train you but they will threaten to fire you over little things. The HR department is the worst. The district managers are the worst. This job isn’t worth your time. Ps they are apart of Ross an well, so don’t waist your time with them.
Cons
Dont put in much work because they take advantage of you. Some management doesnt like being management and hides in the back a lot!! Will make you do stuff they dont wanna do. They stay putting out the schedules late or changing them. Not staying here long because they try you
Pros
Discount
Cons
management, schedules are late
Good company to work for , good hourly wages and great associate discount . There is always open communication and flexible hours. Just don’t like certain LP policies..
Terrible workplace environment. Please be well aware of the fact that you are just a number to the company and not an actual human being. Throughout the pandemic this company has shown they do not care about the safety and well being of their employees. Their only concern is securing profits.
  1. Employee Reviews