DD Homes Network
Happiness rating is 52 out of 100

DD Homes Network Employee Reviews

United States171 reviews

dspresidentoutingmealrewardingstaffhousecare

From my first interview to my last day of work I was part of a great team who really cared about the residents and other staff.

Featured review

DD Homes Network selected this as a representative review
It was a great place to work. The staff really cared about the residents. The management really cared about the staff. I loved working there but the commute got to me and I am seeking a position in Dixon, Illinois. But DD Homes is a great place to work.

Pros

Caring management and staff

Cons

For me it was the long drive each day

I love my individuals

you don’t get breaks here , it’s always short staff in the home , they want you to do soooo much work with little pay , I had a problem with my check stubs working here , they said they was going to look into it but never did . State is always in the home for something , it’s just became a lot .

DD Homes Network insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Enjoyed the individuals, good pay, flexibility of schedule

I absolutely loved the individuals they gave me purpose. Always happy to see me and felt comfortable with me. I miss the interaction with the individuals. Most of the staff go above and beyond. There are some RSD that are granted favoritism and are allowed to bully other employees. The upper management never take corrective action over issues of well being for the individuals. Too much cozy friendships with a couple staff and ED. I got terminated and the provoker of the episode still has her job. I was not treated fairly in that situation. So many, medication issues and no follow through on those issues with management. A medication was not given for three months but was signed off as being given. I found the mistake and had documents to prove the error, but no action taken. Many examples of this type of management.

Don’t work there

Management never answers your calls. They leave you to work long hours by yourself even if your sick. Understaffed if no one shows up your stuck there til someone does. The administration only cares about themselves. They do not care if you have a life or family. If you quit they try and make you feel Guilty by saying your just gonna Abandoned them cause you know we’re short staff. State needs to be investigating these homes but they want staff to lie to the investigators. Staff needs to call the labor board they have staff working 20-30 days straight before a day off. The pay is not great. We do more than a cna and get paid alot less than we should. I do not recommend this company to work for. Turn around and run!!!!

Pros

Nothing it sucks

June 20, 2022
We apologize that we have failed to meet your expectations. Please know that your remarks have been passed on to the appropriate teams for review. We do value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We can only improve and continue to provide good care if we know and understand any concerns as they arise. If you would like to discuss this issue with us in further detail, please call 866-363-7909.

Love being a DSP

I love helping the individuals and stressful at times due to understaffing but not managements fault.great work environment.great benefits. I enjoy my job.

Under paid and know it alls.

Everyone thinks they are your boss. Your damned if you and damned if you don’t. If you go above and beyond don’t expect to be acknowledged and respected

Pros

Rewarding for making a difference.

Cons

Only first shift has a set schedule, It takes 110 days before you start accumulating pto, Getting a day off is impossible.

May 9, 2022

Helpful place to work

I absolutely love my job. The individuals I work with always bring smiles to my face. They are the reason I love coming to work. I also love the management and my coworkers. My boss is definitely understanding. When it comes to covering shifts my coworkers and I always work as a team and make sure it's all covered. I definitely recommend working here.

Pros

You work with an awesome team and you also work with amazing individuals.

Very sad place to work for healthcare. No teamwork, management does NOT discipline!

If you are looking for teamwork and fair place to work, turn the other way. Just left employment there last month. The other "healthcare workers" will just sit around, play on their phones, and get away with everything. The management is too lenient and doe not discipline when it is necessary. Very high turn-over rate!

Pros

Not a single Pro

Cons

Zero teamwork, linient management

March 27, 2022

Stressful and inconsistent

Clientele is really the only thing positive about it. Management is inconsistent and not helpful. Staff is constantly turning over as it is everywhere, but makes for no work/life balance

March 25, 2022

Very toxic work environment to work in due to poor management.

DD homes In this area (rockfalls/Sterling) is extremely bad to work for. Unfair pay and schedule. Very bad staff members and management that does not care about the well being of the individuals.

February 9, 2022

They make you choice your family over your job. Not supportive at all. No help from the administration.

Don’t work here. The are a sketchy company and do not care about their employees just how much money they can make. They don’t even care about staff safety. It all about the money and administration not working shifts.

February 9, 2022

I had a good schedule, however i was on call 24/7 so i never actually felt like i had time off. I received texts from management nonstop.

Not a company i would recommend. It took 18 months and putting in my 2 weeks notice to get a raise. My responsibilities were basically doubled because the maintenance man retired in a different city, so i was given that area to maintain as well. The company does not pay well enough to bring in applicants.

Pros

Good schedule

Cons

Horrible management

January 21, 2022

Employees are toxic. Managers do nothing.

I haven’t worked here long, but i’ve been miserable the whole time I have. Other employees are extremely rude and can even on occasion treat individuals poorly. Management will do nothing about the poor attitudes. Really negative place to work.

Pros

as many hours as you want!

Cons

pay, management, rude employees, understaffed

December 27, 2021

Great place to work people are awesome and work is good I’m all about my home and I love the way they treat their employees I recommend anybody who’s reading this go forward and take this job

Great place to work, best place I’ve ever worked for

I love my job and all the individuals. I would recommend this company to everyone. I’ve never felt more valued by any job I’ve ever had. I love my work family and wouldn’t want any other job

Rewarding workplace but high turnover

Pros: inexpensive insurance if single, rewarding work, okay pay, free meals, PTO accumulationCons: Dd homes doesnt have an HR department so most issues are ignored or "handled in house". Unprofessional upper management and clear favoritism. The pay for DSP/QIDP staff could be better.

Pros

Make your own schedule, free meals, learn new things

Cons

Being on call, lack of team work, unprofessional admin

Good job for those who want to help

Great job for those who want to help others but the pay does not compensate for the amount of work you are dealt with. I have hopes that the company as a whole will listen to past employees and listen to our requests. Getting that pay we get is not enough to live on and they expect you to drop everything to help. I have no issues doing so, I would just like it if they showed they cared more for the people who are taking care of their individuals.

Pros

You make a new family

Cons

No breaks weak pay

It’s ok

I think this is a great place to go if you want experience or just to see if this field is right for you. It’s nothing special but there’s nothing bad about it either

Pros

Flexible hours

Beware

Rather not say anything; very unorganized company; you don’t have a life; very short staff; individual’s are great as well as some staff; I wouldn’t recommend unless they reorganized their hierarchy of management and style. Too too heavy and not enough regular staff.

September 30, 2021

Higher ups need to do something really fast!

Let me start off and say the individuals that I worked with were just incredible and I loved every single one of them. My coworkers were amazing, and we were really like a family. The job itself can be very challenging at times, but it is so rewarding. The reason I left was because of POOR management. Management did not care about you one bit! They expected you to give your life up for this job.. to never see your family and friends, to always be there at their every call! DSP’s are told they are on call 24/7, but we do not get paid enough for that! At all. That is a house managers, QIDP, and Administrators responsibility! That is part of their job, but it very rarely happened in my 3 years of working for this company. DSP’s were always called in to fill in shifts, and made to feel guilty if we did not fill in. Guilt tripping was managements favorite thing to do! In my 3 years I’ve seen the executive director, my administrator, my Q, my nurse, and several long time employees leave the company. At this point In time, we still don’t have a nurse, a Q, a house manger, or a sole administrator for the area. How do you expect us to care for individuals when we can barely take care of ourselves due to the amount of stress and pressure you put us under? I’m not writing this to deter people from working here, but I’m writing this in hopes of getting someone’s attention very high up! With a change of pay and management, this place could be wonderful. Also, I understand places are desperate for workers but hiring just anyone who shows up for an interview is not going to help. Start appreciating -

Pros

Amazing individuals

Cons

Poor management, poor pay, no breaks, high turnover

Wonderful coworkers, amazing residents, horrible management

The residents are the best part of this job! Interacting and helping them grow as individuals and just connecting with them every day. Unfortunately, upper management was terrible at ensuring resident and employee safety after months of being aware of a hazard. Most of my coworkers were relatable and reliable but not being paid nearly enough for often being understaffed and doing their best to achieve unrelistic expectations.

Pros

Benefit the lives of others

Cons

short breaks, terrible upper management

September 20, 2021

Common questions about DD Homes Network

Answered by current and former employees at DD Homes Network

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DD Homes Network. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits