DDB

Working at DDB: 26 Reviews

United States26 reviews

Adequate resources to perform effectively

Accordion management...win an account, hire some...lose an account, fire a lot. Gotta be a better model, perhaps as ps the traditional matrix model combined with managerial principles from Good to Great ideology.

Ddb

I like DDB. Why? The people - they're nice and talented. They are genuine. You sort of have to be. DDB excels in doing work for and about the everyman. They are empathetic to the plight of the salary man, the working stiff, dual income and a lot of kids. I am not a fan of the silver-spooned, the trust-funded, the whiner who creates his own suffering. I am a fan of the men and women who pick themselves up off the floor, wipe off the grime, and get back to it. Unexpected work for the common man and woman.

Pros

Culture, Creativity, Curiosity

DDB insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose

Strategic thinking with creative response

Good communication and strategic collaboration between departments inside the agency helped me to deliver creative ideas and solutions for my clients.

Pros

Friendly creative environment

Cons

N/a

Agency definitely skews younger. Older people just don't fit in.

Good: Company tries to engage everyone with activities, free food and parties. Bad: you are expected to be on call and working all the time. No work-life balance. Many egos and people are reluctant to take suggestions on how to make things better.

Great Culture. Great Work. Great People.

They were instrumental in my career progression. I got a chance to work on multiple accounts as well as new pitch teams. I would definitely recommend DDB and would consider working there again.

Work is work, but the people are great

DDB's hiring culture is based on hiring people who are smart and nice. While advertising hours are notoriously long or unpredictable, the people were almost all exceptional to work with.

14 years in this position

This once great agency has suffered greatly in the last few years and is now in decline. I had a great deal of fun there until this year, working hard, managing a dedicated group of editors, brainstorming with my boss, the head of the studio. learning about new clients, and honing my management skills

Pros

A great boss for 12 years

I loved DDB because of the relaxed culture. The collaboration between studio and production was amazing. I truly enjoyed going to work everyday. I learned a lot from their studio and fellow producers.

Pros

Great coffee station

Cons

loss of business

fun people

Great people doing fun work, great working environment. Very good work life balance. Everyone pitched in to get projects done. Cool offices as well. As soon as you walk in you know its creative.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Not the greatest projects

Talented and Nice....Yes, it is true.

DDB is known for their employees being nice and talented. And through al of the years that I was there, this held true not only in NY, but also throughout the Network. I found DDB to have a nice focus on work and life balance and understood that the employees are adults and can work from home when necessary. The culture has turned around significantly with the current NY CEO. The hardest part of the job was all of the changes in internal process and navigating that. Too many layers in my opinion. It was also hard to not see DDB NY win any new business for a very long time. I will route for DDB from afar as I hope that they can start to win new business and grow the revenue and employee base to make it the Headquarters is should be on Madison Avenue given its amazing legacy.

Pros

Location, friendly atmosphere, Monday Agency meetings

Cons

No new business wins, some leadership positions

Sinking Ship

Anyone of worth was booted or left in an attempt to salvage their careers. This is a sad shell of it's former glory. No wonder they had to make a new agency to get McDonald's.

Good place if you're liked

Good hours. Fun environment. Too much gossip. Could be exhausting at times - rumors start in the kitchen and end up in the HR office in a matter of minutes.

Pros

Good views.

Cons

Drama.

Fun workplace with little leadership

Its a nice place to work with friendly people, but the goal of the organizations seems to be to win awards as opposed to meeting their client goals. Many concepts are not tailor made for clients, but rather repackaged and forced even when the concept doesn't meet client needs.

Pros

laid back culture with nice people

Cons

upper management does poor job leading

Fun Work place

Fun work place. Everyone is polite. Great place to work in especially if you live in NYC. Everyday is a fun day! that is all

Fun place to work in

Great culture, fast pace environment with potential for growth. There is an unlimited supply of coffee, office supplies and really nice people.

Opportunity to learn multiple facets of IT

You are thrown into the fire in most cases and expected to do the jobs of multiple roles without adequate compensation. Knowledge is shared among your peers. There is little opportunity for advancement unless you work really really hard and are patient. There are no bonuses, no lunches, no Holiday parties. Finance bottlenecks everything.

Pros

Medical Insurance, 401k, close to downtown

Good Place to work, nice people

Good place to work, nice people and friendly atmosphere. Old school company looking ahead and have a lot of talent. New ideas in the way advertising works.

Nice people at this Agency

management isn't great advancement isn't good the agency culture is fun people are very nice they have good clients and produce great commercials

Pros

fun work culture, great clients

Cons

not good advancement

fun place to work - nice people

overall this was a great place to work. I was there for 4 years. I learned a lot working for this company. the people were all great.

Pros

summer hours holiday time off free breakfast

Cons

not enough training

Amazing work environment

DDB is an amazing place to work if you want to get into the advertising business. Fast pace wok environment. Wonderful people who will always let you learn from them and will always encourage you.

Pros

Easy relaxing working environment

Sorry to see DDB close.

I'm happy to say I worked with so many amazing, talented, dedicated, hard working people at DDB.

Common questions about DDB

Answered by current and former employees at DDB

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DDB. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.5
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Learn about DDB in popular locations

• DDB