Deaconess Health System
59Below average

Deaconess Health System Employee Reviews

United States465 reviews
Good
It’s a good place to work, especially if you want a volunteer job. The atmosphere of the place is friendly, and all the workers are so nice and cheerful.
Horrible place to work
You are just a number to the hospital. They do not care about anything but bottom dollar and charging the patient maximum amounts. I would not recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
Flexibility of schedule
Cons
Too many to list. A very onsided company who treats employees like dirt.
Encouraging work environment
I had the privilege of working with a wonderful patient population and co=workers that were like family to me. I wish that I had that family environment again.
SMCC awesome unit, good teamwork and communication
Management is awesome, they really care about you as a person and employee. They work hard to accommodate your needs whether its more training or life situations
Awesome!
My experience at deaconess was one of the best I’ve ever had. I was a PCT for two years and do not regret it at all. Probably the best job I’ve ever had. They could work on paying people a little better brut the work is rewarding and the most of the managers are great. I honestly have no complaints. Also they make sure to get rid of anyone who is not a great fit for the company.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Very nice hospital and experiences vary
The hospital was a great and like most places like this, experiences varied from unit to unit. PCT probably not paid enough for all the work they have to do.
Always Short Staffed
Consistently understaffed and working short. The actual company is decent with some good incentives but, overall no work life balance. Other Departments could be different but In my experience that is not the case.
The other employees are nice
Management isn't very understanding. I don't think the policy on having to leave early for a sick immediate family member is very helpful to single parent families.
Feels like family
I have been with Deaconess for 6 years and have loved every bit of it. I have progressed quickly in my job and all of my employees are great.
I complete the onboarding presentations for the Security portion so I get the pleasure of making every Deaconess employee feel welcomed and give them their first impression of the company. This gives me a great feeling.
Pros
Exciting and friendly staff, great health coverage and employee perks
Security Dispatch Safety Tech
Hospital security dispatcher. Hiring process is smooth and easy. Process takes about two weeks to complete. Pay is adequate for work involved. Can be a stressful job at times.
Low pay
Co workers are not friendly. Management is awful. Pay scale is awful. It is a good place for a second job but not for a job that you depend on fir daily living.
if u wasn’t a family or friend you wasn’t good to management or their friends
i love the job and the ppl i help but it was hard to be really happy when u have friends and family working together i didn’t think family could work together
Learn a lot
Getting to know the patients, family & friends sometimes going above and beyond my job, always take one day at a time I always try to plan the day do what I can & helping others
Deaconess
My typical day on the unit at Deaconess consist of caring for and improving quality patient care. The company is very diverse and allows the staff to learn and grow. The most enjoyable aspect of working at Deaconess is the staff members and I have the opportunity to care for my patients until they are discharged.
Pros
Staff
Cons
not fliexible
The absolutely the worst hospital I have ever worked for
The position I held was responsible for all medical equipment in the entire Deaconess Health system. The management of this was not at all familiar with anything my department performed. Things were put on the department that were not at all understood by them. Manipulation of tasks needed were hidden/ignored.

and tasks
Pros
Cons
Everything- Unskilled/Educated management!!!!
Great pay & wheather
I was the supervisor of a 3 6 person crew and had to check in with my boss and travel to different job sites to see what parts of the rough, final and fluff parts were done with construction cleaning and residential cleaning also so had to do a lot of driving and being on the phone dropping off supplies, checking what works is actually done so my boss can get paid and I can get the checks issued and see what’s completed so can pay my employees by picking up the checks but lefts because eventually not all the checks were going threw the bank and lot checks bounced till the next job was completed to pay other worker’s to my workers
Benefits & Work Environment
I have thoroughly enjoyed my job and working experience at Deaconess. My supervisor is the best! The benefits package is exemplary and my fellow employees are so nice and accommodating.
Need more flexibility for time off and rate of pay
Deaconess is a great company but could pay employees more per hour compared to other hospitals, also could be more helpful on time off and point systems we are all just trying to survive in this world and not have to work our whole life but not get to LIVE....
Great worklplace
Good environment, good supervisors, cleanly environment, friendly staff besides nursing staff, administration cares about employees, good benefits, 401K match
Horrible
Management personnel are dirty sneaky people. They never speak to you unless you've done something wrong,in which case you will have to hear about it six times from six different people. Even if it's a small mistake. They will even go as far as to spy on you through social media to fire you. Deaconess network does not care for their employees. The pay is decent but it's not worth the headache.
My job is a social outreach to the community
I perform getting people for issues of service and treatment.
I assist management in daily tasks as directed

I instruct volunteers in duties to help the public.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deaconess Health System. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight