Deaconess Health System Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 28, 2018
Managment was horrible. Promising to try and make things better, but never followed through. Did not care about how long you worked there, based work ethic only on attendance. Never asked coworkers or preceptors about TRUE work ethic. Showed no empathy towards their employees, when there were family emergencies. HR never followed up on any complaints towards management.
Cons
managment
Cubicles
Risk Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 6, 2018
Risk Management is an intimidating field. I spent most of my time organizing their database, however, there were many stories of claims that were difficult, invalid, or otherwise unusual. It took a trained eye and a lot of policy knowledge.
You have options to change your schedule as your life needs change.
HUC, Surgical Biller, Surgical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 14, 2018
Good place to work with many options for different types of placement. I would strongly recommend Deaconess as an employer. Give it a try you won't be disappointed.
Pros
Good working environment, good benefits
Very poor management (especially NEURO ICU)
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 10, 2018
Poor teamwork and morale on 3900 with management that is cancerous to the facility as a whole. Bullying is always an issue on that unit and never addressed appropriately
Pros
Patient population
Cons
Management and team leaders
Food and nutrition ambassador
Food and Nutrition Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 7, 2018
Working in the Health care system is great experience and allows for you to obtain knowledge in real hands on approach. Working as a team comes first.
Wonderful co-workers. Management ok but not the best
Informatics Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 25, 2018
Co-workers made working here worth it. Very stressful and management not good at what they do. They lose touch with employees only care about what's good for them and how they look each fiscal year.
Great place to meet new people
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 17, 2018
Deaconess is a very structured business when it comes to healthcare which is pertinent. Co-workers work hard together as a team. Everyone is caring for patients in the way you want to be treated or your family member.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Short lunches
Great health system to work for, family like atmosphere
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 21, 2017
I would recommend Deaconess as a place of employment, good benefits, family like atmosphere, career advancement opportunities, and we are constantly growing which leads to other opportunities. My co-workers are the best, most of them are like family. Great morale, I could walk down the hall and other employees will smile and ask how my day is. Comforting to know we are all working as a team.
Pros
Employee appreciation, Pto, good work life balance, bonus', transfer opportunities, co-workers
Good working environment
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 18, 2017
I love working at Deaconess. I've worked here for almost 4 years now and really enjoy working with my coworkers. We all work together to achieve goals. We also have good benefits.
stressful work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 17, 2017
I appreciated the chance to work but the workplace culture was stressful and competitive. Favoritism was shown.The hardest part of the job was never the patients but some of the co-workers, Bad communication by management. Physicians possessed attitudes and egos that were many times unbearable and abusive in their manner.
Pros
competitive pay and benefits
Cons
Constricted where to get my care and prescriptions
Overall... a good place to work!!
Former Individual Contributor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 15, 2017
Deaconess is a good organization and medical system!! However, the IT department could use some enlightenment. IT is very slow to change thought the talent to do so is mostly there.
Pros
Great people to work with and good opportunities for someone right out of school!!
Cons
Management makes some decisions that creates unnecessary drama and causes constant turnover.
Managers Play Favorites
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 28, 2017
Certain managers here play favorites with staff members, and do not abide by the rules that they hold everyone else to. Making it an uncomfortable situation when confronted. The managers will have their phones out on the floor, and show up late to work, and leave early so that they can get a massage, but when another employee on the floor has a family emergency or needs to trade shifts, the managers are very unwilling to cooperate unless they are in the managers circle of friends.
Benefits
Cons
Managers
Love the job , not the people in department
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 15, 2017
Would be a wonderful job if all worked together as a team , always short staffed always talking about other coworkers management over worked and stressed , no help with training .
Flexibility of the management office
CPE resident (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 8, 2017
The religious department was the best department to work for, and the most divers department in the system. My manager and supervisors were the best even though I have not exposed to others.
Loved working here
LPN (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 27, 2017
The only reason I left this job was that I had to relocate. The management was great, benefits were great. All around nice working environment. Never had a day where I didn't want to go to work.
Pros
Cons
Notjing
Productive and Fun work Environment!!!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 17, 2017
I truly enjoy my position as a nurse with Deaconess!!! I work in a office setting at the clinic! The providers and management are truly amazing! I have worked in the same office now for a cumulative 5-6 years! We are a large and busy office! Sometimes I do feel underpaid for what we do in our office but even with that I love my job and have no intentions on leaving! Great Benefits! Lots of structure!
Pros
Great Management
Very good I loved my residents and co workers
CNA/CMT (Former Employee) –  Raytown, MOAugust 31, 2017
Working at this faucility was the best experience I had in a very long time I started out on the Medicare unit, this unit gave you 8 hours a shift, and there wasn't many on this hall. You clocked in on a different code for the unit. The staff was team players, the nurses were kool also.
Pros
Very good place to work great team work
Cons
I did not find any negativity at this faucility
Loved working here
Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA) (Former Employee) –  Oakland City, INAugust 15, 2017
Great place to work. Benefits, coworkers, management were exceptional. Work hours and job duties were fair and balanced. Physicians were top notch. A+
Poor Leadership in certain department
IT Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 19, 2017
Promote a bad culture of politics within the office. Leadership does not acknowledge the amount of work the employees are required to put in to get their workload completed. Leadership does not understand the scope of the work that is performed based on updated technology and electronic health records.

Very hostile work environment
Benefits
Not safe for RNs to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 29, 2017
PCTs lie often and ty and get the Nurses into trouble. Management is oblivious to this happening as well as HR. They do not have a clue. The goal is to have control and get nurses fired.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not safe to be a nurse there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deaconess Health System. Our community is ready to answer.