Deaconess Health System Employee Reviews

Great Place to work!
Environmental services representative (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, INJanuary 7, 2019
EVS is a great department to work in. The management team is flexible with scheduling, working around school schedules and needing days off on a short notice. EVS department also allows you to work with patients without being the one that has to poke and prode them. Love everyone that works in EVS!
Great place to work!
PCT/Lab (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 12, 2018
Deaconess is a fantastic place to work! They are fair and consistent with pay. Benefits are amazing! It is hard work, but the good that is done for the community by Deaconess and its staff is better than any healthcare system around!
Pros
Hours, benefits, culture
Customer Service II (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 3, 2019
I have no complaints about this wonderful company. I had a set schedule and was paid a reasonable rate of pay. I received great benefits that allowed me to properly take care of my family. Deaconess offers a variety jobs at several different locations.
Pros
Great Benefits
Great health system to work for, family like atmosphere
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 21, 2017
I would recommend Deaconess as a place of employment, good benefits, family like atmosphere, career advancement opportunities, and we are constantly growing which leads to other opportunities. My co-workers are the best, most of them are like family. Great morale, I could walk down the hall and other employees will smile and ask how my day is. Comforting to know we are all working as a team.
Pros
Employee appreciation, Pto, good work life balance, bonus', transfer opportunities, co-workers
stressful work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 17, 2017
I appreciated the chance to work but the workplace culture was stressful and competitive. Favoritism was shown.The hardest part of the job was never the patients but some of the co-workers, Bad communication by management. Physicians possessed attitudes and egos that were many times unbearable and abusive in their manner.
Pros
competitive pay and benefits
Cons
Constricted where to get my care and prescriptions
You have options to change your schedule as your life needs change.
HUC, Surgical Biller, Surgical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 14, 2018
Good place to work with many options for different types of placement. I would strongly recommend Deaconess as an employer. Give it a try you won't be disappointed.
Pros
Good working environment, good benefits
Managers Play Favorites
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 28, 2017
Certain managers here play favorites with staff members, and do not abide by the rules that they hold everyone else to. Making it an uncomfortable situation when confronted. The managers will have their phones out on the floor, and show up late to work, and leave early so that they can get a massage, but when another employee on the floor has a family emergency or needs to trade shifts, the managers are very unwilling to cooperate unless they are in the managers circle of friends.
Benefits
Cons
Managers
manager in es didnt care if you cleaned well just get room done
ES (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 27, 2018
mangers had their favorites. Managers got very mad if they had to do any work to help. Gateway managers just wanted room cleaned as fast as u could do it not really caring if it was cleaned just get it done for another patient.
Productive and Fun work Environment!!!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 17, 2017
I truly enjoy my position as a nurse with Deaconess!!! I work in a office setting at the clinic! The providers and management are truly amazing! I have worked in the same office now for a cumulative 5-6 years! We are a large and busy office! Sometimes I do feel underpaid for what we do in our office but even with that I love my job and have no intentions on leaving! Great Benefits! Lots of structure!
Pros
Great Management
Poor Management
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 28, 2018
Managment was horrible. Promising to try and make things better, but never followed through. Did not care about how long you worked there, based work ethic only on attendance. Never asked coworkers or preceptors about TRUE work ethic. Showed no empathy towards their employees, when there were family emergencies. HR never followed up on any complaints towards management.
Cons
managment

Want to know more about Deaconess Health System?

Ask a question
Great temporary job
Healthcare Advocate (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 1, 2018
It was a great job to have, knowing that I’d only be there for a short duration. As a job to just generate income it was perfect. As a job to call a career, I’d say it was lacking positive direction.
Pros
Wages
Cons
No departmental growth
Good working environment
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 18, 2017
I love working at Deaconess. I've worked here for almost 4 years now and really enjoy working with my coworkers. We all work together to achieve goals. We also have good benefits.
unprofessional atmosphere
phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  main campus laboratoryAugust 22, 2013
Deaconess laboratory is a horrible place to work and it’s obvious by the high turnover rate. The employee’s will team up and mental abuse certain people until that person quits or they find a way to get them fired. I was shocked by the maturity level and unprofessionalism of ‘some’ of the employee’s. They don’t tell you about babysitting in the job description. Sometimes it feels like your sitting for a bunch of loud obnoxious and unruly teenagers that don’t want to work. When they’re not sitting around on their cell phones they like to start office drama and gather together their click.
When the main supervisor is there she spends most her time shopping online or walking laps around the hospital in her gym clothes with her friend. She does not like to spend time getting to know her workers. The reason for the high employee turnover rate might also be because she likes to fire people without warning.
benefits
Cons
unprofessional environment
Deaconess Clinics are the worst place to work!
Clinic employee (Former Employee) –  ClinicOctober 24, 2014
working in the clinics are aweful, under staffed most days, the phone systems are lacking, the management has no clue what they are doing. no type of deligating or spreading out the work load- you will be swimming with work and someone else will be walking around and chatting to everyone and not doing their job. Most of the employees are women who gossip, set up other employees, and wear them down until they eventually quit or get fired. On the plus side they do offer awesome benefits if you can keep your head above water.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too many to list!
Priceless
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 27, 2016
I have worked at Deaconess for 5 years and I wouldn't want to work anywhere else! I will likely retire from Deaconess. It is an amazing company that stands for what really matters...exceptional patient care. Deaconess not only cares about the patients but also their employees. There are so many perks and benefits that most companies don't care to offer their employees (tuition reimbursement, 401k Match, company discounts, free gym membership, paid certifications, bonuses, etc.).
The rumors of Deaconess culture are true! Everyone really is like family. I've worked in various departments and the teamwork is amazing. Management is fabulous! They care about their employees and do everything they can to help you grow in your knowledge and career. They are also willing to work with you on your schedule.
Deaconess continues to grow and I know that I have job security. With the continued growth there is room to advance as well as the option to change departments.
I really can't say enough about the company and my experience. I enjoy coming to work everyday and that is priceless.
Pros
Benefits, perks, employees, management, growth, opportunity, locations
Poor Leadership in certain department
IT Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 19, 2017
Promote a bad culture of politics within the office. Leadership does not acknowledge the amount of work the employees are required to put in to get their workload completed. Leadership does not understand the scope of the work that is performed based on updated technology and electronic health records.

Very hostile work environment
Loved working here
LPN (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 27, 2017
The only reason I left this job was that I had to relocate. The management was great, benefits were great. All around nice working environment. Never had a day where I didn't want to go to work.
Pros
Cons
Notjing
Loved working here
Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA) (Former Employee) –  Oakland City, INAugust 15, 2017
Great place to work. Benefits, coworkers, management were exceptional. Work hours and job duties were fair and balanced. Physicians were top notch. A+
Proud to work at Deaconess
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 9, 2017
Great place to work, people are so friendly, really like family. We work hard, but it is very rewarding. Management from the top down is visible are care about the community, the employees, and most of all the patients.
Pros
flexible scheduling, great benefits, great people
Cons
healthcare is strenous work!
Cubicles
Risk Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 6, 2018
Risk Management is an intimidating field. I spent most of my time organizing their database, however, there were many stories of claims that were difficult, invalid, or otherwise unusual. It took a trained eye and a lot of policy knowledge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deaconess Health System. Our community is ready to answer.