Dead River Company Employee Reviews

Dead River is a good place to work at fun and exciting
Service technician (Current Employee) –  Waterville MaineMay 11, 2019
Dead River is a really good company to work for they do look out for their employees. Cleaning boilers furnaces and AC units are some of the typical things we do at work also running gas lines moving propane tanks to customers houses in temporary job sites have a really good customer base
Horrible Management
Oil Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, ME and ScarboroughMay 9, 2019
Clueless managers. Treat full time employees unfairly.Never assume responsibility for their errors always blame everyone but themselves. Dispatchers are clueless. Routing specialist have never done the job but try to tell experienced drivers how to do their job. Department heads are rude and disrespectful. Management is disliked and clueless.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Ok
Fuel Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, VTApril 18, 2019
Ok place to work for, company means well but to many chiefs and not enough Indians, constant turn around because of the hours and expectations. Instead of taking care of issues sometimes they just fix it for now, and will forget about it until it becomes a bigger issue.
Pros
A lot of vacation days for just starting out
Cons
Winter time obviously the busy time- work 6-7 days a week 12 plus hours
It's a job
Service Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  New HampshireApril 12, 2019
DRC is not a bad place to work, if you are willing to work hard and do your job. Yes there is a lot to learn and you have to be willing to pay attention and be accurate at your work. DRC expects the best and if you have a good work ethic, that should not be a problem. Like any work place, there is drama, people who come in more for socializing then work and people not willing to pull their own weight. The Company itself is not a bad place to work for. I have found that when bringing an issue to a manager, if I bring a solution with me instead of just complaining about something, they are more willing to listen. Doesn't mean it will change, but they are willing to listen and consider it. It's not the perfect job, but what job is? If I need to leave for a Drs appointment or to pick kids up, there generally is not an issue. And I can always come back to work to make up my time or use my PTO. As long as my work is completed for end of month, my manager is usually pretty good about time off. The summer time, there is a strict no over time, but in the winter, when it is busy and warranted over time is available. DRC wants to provide the best service they can to their customers, so they expect their workers to be able to provide that. We are the front line representation of the company, it's only natural they have high standards, and if you can't cut it, then go work some place else. You have to be able to work as a team and to be able to take constructive criticism and listen to the employees who have been with the company for years and not just do things "your way". Things need  more... to be done the DRC way for a reason. It's not as big of a company as people make it out to be. It's still a family owned company. Yes there are multiple offices but that is good because there are more resources to help the customer. And the employees are trained so they can work in different offices if needed.  less
Pros
flexibilty, it's a decent job, benefits
Cons
cry baby co-workers
Don't waste your time
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New HampshireApril 10, 2019
Not only is it a stressful environment, but the management team is utterly ridiculous. Employees belittle and bully each other. In the office I worked in one employee in particular bullied so many people, they went through 2 people before me. The management say they dont condone bullying, but when you bring it to their attention, they ignore your concerns, writing them off and telling you "that's just the way this person is and we can't change it" and then tell the other employee, which makes it worse. The mangers enjoy talking about each other and other employees. Its all over a very negative work environment.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Horrible management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Calais, MEMarch 22, 2019
Co-workers are great, but management is horrible. They will train you well, but management doesn't know how to treat employees. Would not recommend Dead River Company in Calais Maine.
Terrible management
Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MEDecember 5, 2018
The company is extremely understaffed and management does not listen to employees needs. The most important thing to the managers at this company are to keep the rich customers the happiest. Employees are expendable and are not valued. I dedicated all my energy to this company to watch them railroad anyone with good intentions. Putting technicians on call every two weeks is wrong. There is life outside of DRC.
Pros
Immediate coworkers were great.
Cons
Overworked and not listened too.
Great work place
Propane Delivery Tech (Current Employee) –  Brewer, MENovember 22, 2018
Great work environment and management! There is room for advancement when you apply yourself. The benefits and discounts are a huge help to the employee
Point blank a horrible place to work.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEOctober 24, 2018
It was great at the beginning until I kept getting told do do stuff a certain way , but I was doing it the way I was trained which was not very well. The management is horrible to be able to go to for advice, and then get blind sided for something I didn't do. I highly recommend not to work here!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lack of management support
A place to work
Lead Driver/Supervisor bobtail driver LP Tech (Former Employee) –  Calais, MEOctober 19, 2018
The first 20years was a good place to work, the winters were tough but paid well over time was there and expected to be worked, the management was professional. After the last manager retired the new manager was not knowledgeable with the job and not professional at all. Dead river did make sure that I was well trained for my job, and helped expand my job duties to other fields of work within the company, although they didn't' use them
Good place for making a living. To much micro managing.
Oil Burner Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MESeptember 12, 2018
Great coworkers, steady paced environment.extensive customer contact and interaction. best part of the job. Lots of management involvement. Enjoyed the amount of training available.
Best company I've ever worked for. Very team oriented and caring company.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Waterville, MEAugust 31, 2018
By far this is the best company I've worked for. They truly care about their customers and employees. No other company in this industry offers benefits like Dead River - affordable health benefits, they are even helping my kid pay for his college with grants and student loans! Who else offers benefits like that?
Unorganized and untrustworthy managers.Back stabing coworkers.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Houlton, MEAugust 16, 2018
I couldn't trust the local managers to do what they said they would do.Tell me one thing and as soon as i turned my back they would say something different. I learned the hard way to never trust any manager or most of my coworkers.Back stabbing and a cut throat work environment. A few good people do work here but they are few and far between.To be short about it, stay away from Dead River company unless you are really desperate for a job.
Pros
Decent pay for the area.
Cons
Always a constant battle about some workplace nonsense.
Extremely fake
Technician (Former Employee) –  New HampshireAugust 3, 2018
The truest review I can give is that they are fake. They will tell you that they understand and support their employees, and then they send them into the field to fail. They upon your failure terminate you. Horribly disappointed in this job choice as it left a bad taste in my mouth for anything to do with that company. Management is incompetent, uncaring, non-compassionate, and unwilling to uphold any agreements or offers upon hire. Upon hire it was explained that I would not be placed out in the field until I had refresher training, road with a trained technician, and felt competent to handle the responsibilities of my job. It was also explained that I wouldn't have to ever worry about what I needed for specialty tools. I was never provided said training, tools, or OJT as discussed. I will never, ever, consider working with or for this company again.
Pros
Money
Cons
atmosphere, liars, political environment, favoritism.
something is lacking
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bernardston, MAJuly 30, 2018
I didn't originally work for Dead River company. They bought out another company I was working for and the atmosphere changed and not for the better. The leadership of Dead River is lacking good communication and good working environments. Many people have left because of leadership.
Co workers, benefits
Residential Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brewer, MEJuly 11, 2018
Always expect more and more. Management doesn’t understand what it’s like in the day to day grind. Also, extremely unprofessional. They border on harassment with condescending remarks.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Corporate management is out of touch and pretentious
Always striving to meet customer needs
Administrative Assistant / CSR (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEJuly 10, 2018
The company culture is all about meeting customers' energy needs, empowering customer contact employees, and having an overall "Yes, we can do that" attitude. Customer service is very important.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEJune 8, 2018
Started as a seasonal driver and recently came on full time. Pay is very competitive, although the job is rather stressful and tough during winter. Management at the top listens and respect employee feedback. I would say lower management is sometimes lacking in overall knowledge of required duties, but they do ask and receive positive feedback from drivers with experience. Co workers are great to work with. Everyone helps each other and strives to serve the customer better.
Pros
Pay, work atmosphere is harmonius, proper tools to work safely
Cons
Inexperienced managers
Genuine Leadership
Delivery Driver Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, VTJune 5, 2018
The leadership council is true and genuine. When issues arrise they address them swiftly and completely. The CEO is genuine very skilled and cares deeply for the employees and the company. The company is not perfect but the management truly listens, objectively and with fairness make decisions.
Pros
High standard and true to the core values of Integrity Caring and excellence
Stressful, cut throat
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bristol, NHJune 5, 2018
everyone looking out for themselves, no teamwork at all, not realistic in their decisions. Management don't care about their employees, Management team up against other managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dead River Company. Our community is ready to answer.