DealerOn, Inc. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Poor management, poor pay
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Derwood, MDApril 21, 2018
Was let go from the company the day after I spoke with my manager about the poor quality of the company and the changes that needed to happen. I was then let go for “not responding to a client” even when I had screenshot evidence that I had. Biggest piece of advice I have is to screenshot all of your work because both the customers and the management will attempt to use information against you if you don’t “click”.
DealerOn Thoughts
Customer Success Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 14, 2018
I have been with the company for over 4 1/2 years now and they have not fallen short on their goals and expectations of their employees. Every company has its downfalls right? Every job is going to be stressful and this one can be added to that list but thats life. Nothing is ever going to be perfect and ill be the first one to tell you that DealerOn is far from perfect but they do a great job of expressing their vision and why it makes sense to go after that vision.

Now, where do I start with Management. There has been a lot of change in my years that I have been here. In my eyes, that means the team is trying to find what works. Some are made for the position and some are not. I have had managers that could care less about your actions and rather focus on themselves growing in the company. Needless to say, they didnt make it to the top. However, ill be the first one to say that we have been on a role lately with managers and roles. They have been stressing the moto of "One Team One Dream". Non stop, managers and coaches are throughout the office answering questions and helping as much as they can which is huge. The last thing I will state about our management is that we have been having weekly meetings to not only see what they can do better but what they can also do to make us better. In addition to that, they help us find more ways on how to juggle our accounts so we do not get over our head.

Lastly, DealerOn is not some cookie cutter business. If you want sunshine and rainbows every day then this is not the place for you. Some days are very stressful. You are the
  more... throat to choke needless to say for these Dealers. If they are mad, they will let that out on you so if your someone that does not do well with those situations, again, this is not the place for you.  less
Pros
Great Work Environment, Driven, Collaborative
Cons
Time Sensitive, Stressful
Unorganized and unprofessional
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Derwood, MDJanuary 20, 2018
Poor management and lack of leadership. Ishould've known better because the initial interview was a disaster. My manage was petty and nasty. No wonder they can't keep good people.
Pros
Is a job
Cons
Boring work. Everyone dresses like homeless people.
I would not suggest this place
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Derwood, MDAugust 13, 2016
The good:

There is a good sense of team work and many of my coworkers within my department I admired and respected greatly- they were incredibly competent and professional. This was unfortuantly the exception and not the norm.

Also, if you value extroversion and bonding with coworkers at and outside of the office, this company places a large value and emphasis on this as well.

The Bad:
Management was abysmal and the salaries were woeful, especially considering regional cost of living and complexity of the work.
There was little degree of professionalism, regard or respect. All decisions seemed to be shrouded in secrecy and you often had little idea what was going on behind the scenes.The clients were what was to be expected, considering the industry.

Programs and software were constantly changing so this job required a lot of flexibility and patience, which was very frustrating considering the low compensation. There was also little professional development that would lead to marketable skills, I learned some very, very basic coding, but this job really only provided customer service experience, which is not hard to come by.

Recommendations:

If you received a job due to a connection or friendship with upper level management, you would likely have decent compensation and work conditions. Otherwise, avoid like the plague! Unless you like being underpaid and undervalued, which to each their own!