Dean Foods Company Employee Reviews

Growth
Senior Cost Accountant III (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 12, 2019
No room for career growth. Poor communication from management. The voice of the employees are not heard. On a positive note, you get 1 day "Work-from-home"
Fun
Forklift operator, freezer, equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 11, 2019
Great people, great pay and benefits. Fun safe place with room to grow and advance. Management was great and easy to talk to and work with you if needed to change days.
Pros
Great breaks
Good people bad management
Head Reciever (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNMarch 10, 2019
They have a lot of good workers but not the best managed place makes for a lot of forced overtime. They also have a very poor communication and organization program as well.
Enjoyed Dean Foods
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 9, 2019
My first office position as an Administrative Assistant. Managers and staff were friendly. Enjoyed working for the Engineering Department. Managers were good to give recognition for a job done well.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Decided to be a stay at home mom
High Paying Contract Work
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2019
Nice work environment with great pay.

Worked on several contracts and all went to completion. The environment is laid back and allows for you to really get into your work.

Management was really helpful and support the project which helped all of them end successfully.
Pros
Nice location - great pay
Cons
In the middle of Downtown Dallas - traffic
Poor place to work
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALMarch 3, 2019
Very poor Manager I reported to my last 3 months. Had no business being in his position. Union plant which made it next to impossible to get anything done. Upper management rarely supported you on any changes that needed to be made and my Manager had his "favorite" which he would say nothing to and she was the biggest problem child we had...in the whole company. Plant Mgr had maybe the worst temper I ever saw and the employees were so lazy nobody in my position was going to look good or stay very long. You could not count on the warehouse workers to carry out their tasks so you ended up trying to do everything and upper management didn't want to hear about it. Specifically one person I managed as mentioned up above. It was an absolute nightmare and the worst decision I ever made. I stayed 5 months, didn't sleep, didn't eat. was constantly woke up at 2 or 3 am to let me know we didn't have material for production that I was told we did the day before. I went to work my last day and physically couldn't get out of my car. I turned in my badge and phone and got out while I still had some sanity. Previous to working there I had spent almost 20 years at another company and was run much much better.
Pros
Pay, benefits, vacation days
Cons
Environment
Stressful environment
CDL truck driver (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 3, 2019
If you want family time don't work here. You are over worked and giving more then one person can handle. Management lies to you and does not care how long your out.
Benefits
Cons
Job won't be around for much longer
Family feel
Director of Transaction Systems (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILMarch 2, 2019
This was a great company to work for. I was proud to see Dean Foods products in every food store I visited. There was too much travel but with a geographically dispursed enterpirsie this is expected.
Pros
Free Dariy Products at the office
Cons
lots of travel
N/a
N/A (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 28, 2019
This company was average to work for. Good benefits and pay, but limited work life balance. The hardest part of this job was the many hours that needed to be put in.
Overall not a bad place to work
Area Controller/Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAFebruary 28, 2019
Overall I enjoyed by Time at Dean Foods. The change in the market for the product that Dean primarily sold was changing and they were not adapting as fast as the market. Unfortunately they tried cost savings by moving IT to India, which really did not save the end user any time. They are also closing all of the accounting centers, except the one in Dallas.
Pros
Really like the people I worked with everyday
Cons
Lack of communication between groups and from corporate head quarters
Good people and a good place to work.
Senior Security & Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2019
I retired from Deans and wouldn't return. Management has changed a great deal since my tenure and I don't think I would fit in. The location to my home was the best advantage.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 19, 2019
a very busy day, I learned a lot. Management are very busy people but always try to keep employees happy. A diverse workplace group of people, great to work with.
Pros
free lunches; events
Cons
Keep scrolling, company is a joke.
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Elmira, NYFebruary 19, 2019
Company is a joke to work for, management is bipolar. One minute life is good, the next your getting written up for stupid reasons. Vehicles constantly breaking down along with trailers, lift gates and it takes a miracle to get anything repaired. Pay is best part of job. Turnover rate should be a warning to keep scrolling, there are better places to work in the area.
Pros
Pay, benefits.
Cons
Management is bipolar. Equipment is junk and maintenance is unseen.
time management is their god. make the report look good
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  txFebruary 18, 2019
Work you to death and then move on to the next young body.
They run their time study programs as if there is no human action..
No work, life balance..
24.00 an hour. This should be 30.00!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INFebruary 14, 2019
Managers "never" answer the phone! They don't want to listen to what drivers have to say. They have "split" days off. This way they force you to work 2 "16" hour days in 7 days! You never have enough time out off the job. You are tired all the time. Trailer floors have old stinky milk all over and smells! You clock out and 10 hours later "on the nose" you will be back at work!
Good Pay, Poor Work/Home life balance
Relief Driver (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLFebruary 13, 2019
As a Relief Driver, your responsibilities are to maintain routes when other drivers are on leave or injured. Possible travel to other branches including overnights. Typical work hours average 10 to 16 hours a day. Job duties require lifting upwards of 50lbs, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching and climbing. Immediate management exhibited poor team work and poor consideration for employees. Not willing to adhere to safety and physical concerns. Management's expectations would require failure of DOT regulations. The job is very labor intensive with long hours. While management would reel in employees with high wages, the work required was not equivalent with those wages.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours, poor quality of life and back breaking
Family type place to work
Customer Service Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 11, 2019
I would go back in a heart beat, everyone cares about you, will help you anyway they can, if you give 100% this place will treat you well.

It is a production plant so you work some weird hours, but the pay offset that
Dairy Products
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 9, 2019
Currently not a stable company. Many layoffs and plant closings. Good benefits. Employees are friendly. Management and company are not employee friendly.
The life in a dairy
Sr. EHS Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNFebruary 7, 2019
I am a little unsure of our current stability. When I came to work for Dean Foods our stock was trading in the $20 range, now it is in the $4-5 range. There were 67 plants, now there are in the 50's. Our first EHS conference had over 130 attendees, now less than 50 EHS professionals. I am just not sure how stable the company is.
Pros
Flexible hours, work remotely, indepency
Cons
Bonuses are sketchy at best, instability of the company
Invested to many years
Just an employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2019
Overall Dean Foods is a good company. They focus on $$ and not on employee's. Moral is low in some areas because of the turn around. People are laid off allot.
Pros
Good Salary - seem to overpay
Cons
To much turn around

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dean Foods Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight