Deanwood Rehabilitation and Wellness Center

Deanwood Rehabilitation and Wellness Center Employee Reviews

Stressful place working with management and supervisors.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 22, 2018
You will be drained over worked and under paid you can't trust alot of the staff and management nor supervisor nurses they will lie on you to cover there wrongs. Try to tell you to do work you are not qualified to do that a RN suppose to do. This is the the quickest way to lose your CNA license working here or fired and it wouldn't even be your fault. Very shaky place to work and the staff and HR have there picks with employees you can report and do everything you suppose as the say chain of command it means nothing get your experience and go. An Employee that work there told me only the strong survive. The most good thing you will enjoy every bit of is helping the clients there that will be the only happy part of your shift the staff horrible.
Growing Encouraged
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 20, 2018
From the very beginning I was always told the possibilities are endless always strive for more, don't just stop here. The residents really feel like a part of my family.
Not such as great place to work at all
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  5000 Nannie Hellen BurroughsAugust 26, 2018
When I first started at this place, I was very excited to meet new people from all over. By the end of my race, I was drained, overworked, unappreciated, and just disgusted how the most dedicated workers are treated, not to mention the residents. Deanwood is not a clean place at all. We were short staffed just about every other day if not everyday. Although you’re there to do a job, at the end of your shift you were worn out like a dog. Sometime working 2 on a floor to 36 patients. Management could care less as long as they make it out the door on time it didn’t matter. They also don’t respect that you have a family outside of work, so to take off a day for your kids appointments or any personal reason of that matter would never be a smooth process. Its a no majority of the time unless you call out. The residents are not treated as they should be either. Just not a professional or good place to start a nursing career.
Pros
There are no Pros
Cons
All Cons
Very diverse atmopsphere.
Central Supply Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 27, 2018
I typically enjoy my day in the workplace, what I enjoy the most is being productive and meeting deadlines. I enjoy my co-workers and the residents at Deanwood. I learn something almost everyday, whether its related to work duties or the residents. I appreciate the atmosphere and the diverse culture at Deanwood, it makes the job more interesting with managing the department. Learning what the supplies are used for along with what is productive. The hardest part of the job is not having the freedom to order quality supplies.
Fun place to work.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJune 18, 2018
I enjoyed working with the team at Deanwood. The facilities were clean, the staff were knowledgeable and attentive. Management was available to answer questions and provided valuable feedback.
just NO!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 20, 2018
I would never go back to this employeer everrr dont care if it was the last job on earth they are just draining the work load in unbearable the pay is horrible nothing nice to say the least
But if you are new in the cna field they will take you little to none expierence
There was sugguling of power and control
MDS RAC-CT LPN Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 11, 2018
I look forward to each new day,learn to love everyone and try to work with everyone in this multicultural work place.The hardest part is trying to keep the peace to all.The most enjoyable part is when there is unity.
Needs work
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 9, 2018
Under review
This company was great when i first started,
Hours are being cut, individuals are very nice. Some staff dont take thier job seriously
Pros
N/a
Not to bad.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 6, 2018
Work days varied from day to day. One could have been fast. The next could have been slow. One day could have been stressful. All and all it is an ok place to work.
Pros
Gifts cards when you picked up extra shifts.
Cons
Not enough nurses.
good enviroment for learning
Assistant Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 29, 2018
Excellent place to work with excellent and knowledgeable staff around to work with, the job could be tough and competitive, but its worth it. i love working in deanwood with our smart Boss Amelia. young and intelligent.
Cons
excellent
a place to gain experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Center, NEMarch 12, 2018
deanwood rehabilitation and wellness center is a place to learn the ideal nursing assistant profession. the practice is done according to the books and the management ensures this
Deanwood is a very educational facility. I learn something new everyday.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 9, 2018
Deanwood Rehabilitation is a great facility. Management consistently teaches and inservices their employees. Patient care is their MAIN focus. Deanwood's Administration is constantly focused on their employees needs to better care for our residents. The Administration team recognizes it's outstanding employees monthly.
Pros
Great starting salary
Cons
No cons
satisfactory
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 11, 2018
working alone
team spirit
good management
respect different culture
working alone
team work
this is a good working place
you work with different people with different background
Pros
gifts
creative place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 15, 2017
this was a place of support for patients and workers we learned new things daily had training of new things weekly it was a mix culture work place the hardest part was to see patients sick but must of all the smile of clients made the job a blessed work places
Pros
working and helping people
Cons
seeing patients leave us
Productive and fun working with coworkers and supervisors
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 27, 2017
Make walking rounds on residents, check emergency equipment, get oncoming report from off going shift, count narcotics with off going nurse, check staffing with supervisor, give report to CNA's, make assignment, check for any new orders, appointments, labs and audit medical records, check refrigerator temps and glucose monitor check, get paperwork ready for dialysis residents, assign and obtain vital signs, give medications, do treatments. Documentation on residents, make rounds q2h, do fingersticks, give insulin. Give oncoming report tpo next shift
Pros
Great staff development
Cons
Night shift work interferred with family and personal life
Culturally Diverse
Certified Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 10, 2017
Working here was a fun. I thoroughly enjoyed the diverse atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was getting attached to the residents and watching them either past on, or go home. The easiest part was taking care of them, although at times they had their bad days. Management was different from most other places I worked at, but fair.
Not a good place to work for people with common sense
Safety training officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 23, 2017
This place was suppose to be a rehabilitation center , instead clients was dying on a daily basis the staff was not helping the people to live but preparing them to die.
residents are nice to work around, employees are awful
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 8, 2017
I typically do Laundry for Deanwood Rehabilitation & Wellness And Center. We do 16 carts a day, 8 in the morning and 8 for evening shift. Each cart consists 30-wash clothes, 30 towels, 20 gowns, 5 pillowcases, 20 flat-sheets, 10 fitted-sheets, 2 big blankets ,2 small blankets , 2 pads
Pros
residents are charming
Cons
short breaks, unprofessional
You should never have a bad day
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 24, 2017
Working here was a joy. The atmosphere had a continuous air of positivity. Of course every workplace has its faults but for me personally, if I came in with a bad morning, I was bound to have my spirits lifted. The staff is friendly, the residents are understanding and management works with you. Its not perfect but with anything there is always room for improvement.

Working with a multicultural staff has taught me to understand other peoples ways, how they think and work ethics. I have also learned a ton of things medically and what I should and should not do. I The residents gave me a new sense of patience.
Pros
Annual Raises, Luncheons
Unorganized work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 11, 2016
I love my coworkers and my residents at Deanwood. Most of the staff is passionate about their work. The only problem is management is very unorganized. The good thing is the facility will employ you even with little or no experience. I have enjoyed my time at Deanwood.
Pros
Will hire you with no experience good benefits
Cons
Unorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deanwood Rehabilitation and Wellness Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Deanwood Rehabilitation and Wellness Center Reviews by Location