Deanwood Rehabilitation and Wellness Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very diverse atmopsphere.
Central Supply Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 27, 2018
I typically enjoy my day in the workplace, what I enjoy the most is being productive and meeting deadlines. I enjoy my co-workers and the residents at Deanwood. I learn something almost everyday, whether its related to work duties or the residents. I appreciate the atmosphere and the diverse culture at Deanwood, it makes the job more interesting with managing the department. Learning what the supplies are used for along with what is productive. The hardest part of the job is not having the freedom to order quality supplies.
Fun place to work.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJune 18, 2018
I enjoyed working with the team at Deanwood. The facilities were clean, the staff were knowledgeable and attentive. Management was available to answer questions and provided valuable feedback.
just NO!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 20, 2018
I would never go back to this employeer everrr dont care if it was the last job on earth they are just draining the work load in unbearable the pay is horrible nothing nice to say the least
But if you are new in the cna field they will take you little to none expierence
There was sugguling of power and control
MDS RAC-CT LPN Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 11, 2018
I look forward to each new day,learn to love everyone and try to work with everyone in this multicultural work place.The hardest part is trying to keep the peace to all.The most enjoyable part is when there is unity.
Needs work
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 9, 2018
Under review
This company was great when i first started,
Hours are being cut, individuals are very nice. Some staff dont take thier job seriously
Pros
N/a
good enviroment for learning
Assistant Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 29, 2018
Excellent place to work with excellent and knowledgeable staff around to work with, the job could be tough and competitive, but its worth it. i love working in deanwood with our smart Boss Amelia. young and intelligent.
Cons
excellent
Deanwood is a very educational facility. I learn something new everyday.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 9, 2018
Deanwood Rehabilitation is a great facility. Management consistently teaches and inservices their employees. Patient care is their MAIN focus. Deanwood's Administration is constantly focused on their employees needs to better care for our residents. The Administration team recognizes it's outstanding employees monthly.
Pros
Great starting salary
Cons
No cons
satisfactory
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 11, 2018
working alone
team spirit
good management
respect different culture
working alone
team work
this is a good working place
you work with different people with different background
Pros
gifts
creative place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 15, 2017
this was a place of support for patients and workers we learned new things daily had training of new things weekly it was a mix culture work place the hardest part was to see patients sick but must of all the smile of clients made the job a blessed work places
Pros
working and helping people
Cons
seeing patients leave us
Productive and fun working with coworkers and supervisors
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 27, 2017
Make walking rounds on residents, check emergency equipment, get oncoming report from off going shift, count narcotics with off going nurse, check staffing with supervisor, give report to CNA's, make assignment, check for any new orders, appointments, labs and audit medical records, check refrigerator temps and glucose monitor check, get paperwork ready for dialysis residents, assign and obtain vital signs, give medications, do treatments. Documentation on residents, make rounds q2h, do fingersticks, give insulin. Give oncoming report tpo next shift
Pros
Great staff development
Cons
Night shift work interferred with family and personal life
Culturally Diverse
Certified Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 10, 2017
Working here was a fun. I thoroughly enjoyed the diverse atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was getting attached to the residents and watching them either past on, or go home. The easiest part was taking care of them, although at times they had their bad days. Management was different from most other places I worked at, but fair.
Unorganized work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 11, 2016
I love my coworkers and my residents at Deanwood. Most of the staff is passionate about their work. The only problem is management is very unorganized. The good thing is the facility will employ you even with little or no experience. I have enjoyed my time at Deanwood.
Pros
Will hire you with no experience good benefits
Cons
Unorganized
Friendly and professional place to work.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 29, 2015
I enjoyed the residents and my co workers. But I found it a challenging when it came to expressing my concerns with management.
Pros
Ejoyed my co workers.
Cons
Not feeling 100% confortable expressing concerns with management.
It's A Great Work Place
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 18, 2015
It can be better with more employees. More pay then which there giving. It's a very busy place to work and there's a lot of work that can be done with the building, and hiring better employees.
Productive work environment
Cerifited Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 3, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job was working with my residents and my co-workers.
Minor Stress at times
Assistant Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Washington DCJuly 26, 2013
Ok to work at a typical day is start at 7am and leave after 6pm
I learned some clinical ideas
managed the nursing department
my co-workers are a great group of people
the hardest part of my job is security
the most enjoyable part of my job is the people
Fun, enjoyed assisting the patients.
Housekeeping/Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 28, 2012
Preparing the patients chart for review,copying files,redplacing old files with updated ones.Learnd compassion for the elderly for they do try hard to get there lives back close to normal.
Pros
watching them doing their therapy.
Cons
wasn't enough time for them in therapy, sessions could have been a little longer for some of them.