Dearborn National Employee Reviews

dont work here
New Business Proposal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 11, 2019
Not fulfilling
Boring
Everyone gets offended by everything
Everyone is fake
You are replaceable mentality
Bad co workers
Bad pay
NO Diversity
Double standards
Decent benefits and bonuses
Good amount of PTO compared to most companies
Great Internship
Associate Intern (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILFebruary 11, 2019
I Learned a great deal about the business world interning at Dearborn, from individual work to meetins with senior leaders. I would recommend this program to any college students looking for some good experience.
Worst place you could ever think of working
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILJanuary 10, 2019
It I can give this company 0 rating I will. HR should change all the management is claims department because favoritism is their motto. They gossip about their employees all day and don’t care about you. All they want to do is talk down on you
Pros
No pros
Cons
BAD management
Great work environment, unfair management of performance metrics.
Customer Advocate 1 (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Some management will play favorites. One employee may be terminated where another employee with the same problems in said metric, will be given more leeway than what is morally and unethically acceptable,
Pros
Paid Time Off, most National Holidays off(Paid), and fair pay.
Cons
Unfair performance metrics and favoritism.
Great Employer
LEARNING CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILNovember 26, 2018
Days are great, the people are great, pay and benefits are excellent. The hardest part of the job is training new hires, and temp. The hardware and software are not the most advanced.
benefits
Cons
work from home is not available all the time
processing dental claims
Clams Processor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJune 19, 2018
there are different function to processing dental claims, verify that the provider is authorized to preform the services render, verified eligibility of provider
Pros
bonus
Cons
manadotory overtime
Excellent place to work.
Business Intelligence Admin Specialist (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 19, 2018
worked for six and half years as full time employee. My team was very productive and good team players. Very quiet and fun place to work. Enjoyed working with Dearborn National.
Pros
very good health benefits
Cons
Small company
management is not fair
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 7, 2018
i learn a lot while working at dearborn. very stressful job with new managemnt. there is no opportunity to improve yourself. i dont see my self growing.
my management
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 6, 2018
The team I belonged to wasn't the best definition of team. There were deficiencies in training and when we moved to another platform I moved on to different pastures.
Warm atmosphere and training was great
Claim Examiner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2018
Learning the insurance business and interaction w/co workers and clients. Learning the different policies and programs that Dearborn had to offer. They have very nice products to offer to the clients
Annuity Department Abolished
New Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 5, 2018
I worked in the Annuity Department for Dearborn National. The department was abolished in 2011. Those annuity accounts were acquired by IBM in North Carolina.
A decent place to work for
Senior BI Specialist (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 31, 2018
There had been a limitation of utilizing the full spectrum of Cognos to develop deliverables quickly. The work load was fair and the team members were helpful to work with.
Pros
Fair work load
Cons
Financial instability
n/a
Full-Time/Temp (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 13, 2018
Stressful environment, relaxed setting. Dealing with life insurance fpr large groups. Adding and terminating members coverage. Assisted with online access/bill pay
Aside from management, it's fine.
Life Claims Advocate (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 6, 2018
The job at Dearborn National was a perfectly acceptable position. The hours were standard, the pay was lower than others in the same position, but the primary issue was the management. They cared only about their own pockets and would throw grunt employees to the side to advance. People under management could not advance and management would get in the way to stop people from moving positions.
Good work environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 26, 2018
Even though I was on contract and only there for about 6 months, I really enjoyed the job. The woman that trained our group was really helpful and nice. The rest of the company seemed to be friendly. It was also great to have a giant cafeteria in the building, so you really didn't have to go out for lunch. It seemed like an all around nice place while I was there.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Only contract position
Good
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 26, 2018
A very laid back Relaxed, Structural environment....Over-all a good place to work....Compensation as far as Hourly wage is low...This company always provides luncheons, town hall meetings...Very friendly Enviroment... They also provide a lot of support to the community...Always helping to donate to and worthy charities. They provide a excellent 401k and Retirement plan and also provide Medical care, however the particular Medical care is not as good as it was
Pros
PTO Time
Cons
low wages
Dental Claims Customer Service Manager
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILJanuary 15, 2018
Responsible for all aspects of supervision associated with hiring, leading, coaching, developing and managing a group of staff within a motivating environment to achieve performance goals and service metrics.
great place to work
Short Term Disability Examiner (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 5, 2018
I highly recommend working there. I would have stayed if I did not choose to be a RN. Its a friendly environment with a variety of people who work there.
Pros
nice enivroment
Cons
Commute
Great company to work
Associate Intern (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILNovember 29, 2017
I was an associate intern at Dearborn National and it really helped me develop my skills in the office. I was largely left with my own projects, and the leaders there are top-notch. It is an excellent company to work for.
great place to work
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 16, 2017
great place to work, great people and wonderful company with great benefits and an outstanding culture throughout the multi faceted company great for any kind of schedule
Pros
excellent co workers