DEB Construction, LLC Employee Reviews

Think Twice
Employee (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 7, 2018
Do you like being micromanaged, lack of job security, an extremely high employee turn over rate, gives lip service and does not practice what they preach, you are made to feel you are not trusted, looking at what you are doing wrong and not what you are doing right, spoken to harshly at times....then this is the company for you.

Within the first month of me working there, they fired 3 people and through the time of me being there the turnover rate was too many to keep track of. You are kept off balance never knowing what they are going to come at you with next. Lots of drama!

On a positive note, you did learn a lot.
Pros
Free snacks & lunches
Cons
High turnover rate & lack of job security
No opportunity
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 25, 2017
Maybe you will have a better time than I did. Make sure you have a clear understanding of what the job entails and what is expected of you. The staff was so buddy-buddy that I could not break into the circle.
Great atmosphere with even better people
Project Intern (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 31, 2017
DEB is a really cool working environment. Management recently underwent some pretty large changes, and the new management staff has done a fantastic job of changing the culture. The office is extremely relaxed, there is a shuffle board table, and catered lunches very regularly. Everyone is very friendly and knowledgeable, and extremely inclusive from day one. You learn a ton about the construction industry, especially if you have a limited background coming into the company.
Pros
Great lunches, shuffleboard contests, relaxed atmosphere
Great Place to Work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 31, 2017
I've been with the company for about 7 years now and I can say it's one of the best places I worked at. The company has grown tremendously and the leadership team has been working on keeping up with the times, like stand up desk for office staff, I-Pads and 2 in ones for Supers and continuously working on day to day workflows to make them more efficient. They have also been keeping up with new competitive wages that have been apparent recently due to this hot market.

Others may have commented on turnover, but the fact is that roughly 80% of the staff has been here over 3 years with some in the 10+ and 20+ year range. I can honestly say that some people don't fit our fast pace culture and as we continue to grow we need more experience people applying for the open positions. We need a more plug and play type of employee as do many other construction companies now a days. So if you're experience in construction for over 5 years, I would suggest applying.
Pros
Competitive wages, Advancement opportunities, Skills development, great people
Cons
Face pace (If you're not use to it)
Cannot Fill - Constant Turnover
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 10, 2017
DEB is a fairly successful medium-sized paper GC focusing on hospital and banking TI with a pipeline of work from large clients like Hoag, B of A, JLL, etc.. Trades primarily consist of drywall, ceiling, electrical, low voltage with a lot of bidding.

The problem is that the environment is very corporate and bland (unlike any professional services firm) and management consists of non-technical professionals with little to no backbone and education. The management has been grandfathered from when the company was small and can really do no wrong.

Get this- the company has MASSIVE turnover and constant ads on Indeed and CL with a corporate recruiter for PM, PE, Estimators. Save your time and look elsewhere. The office is a revolving door and HR is set-up to have you in-out. There are much better jobs out there where you can be comfortable, do real work, and grow
Pros
Reasonable Compensation, Good Benefits
Cons
Massive Turnover at Every Position. Mediocre Management (Non-Technical and Grandfathered)
Massive Personnel roll over no employee loyalty
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 24, 2017
Company is missing a positive work environment due to continual employee rollover office personnel are treated slightly better still have high turnover rate 2 project managers fired within first 3 months of my employment
On average superintendents do not last 1 calendar year so many came and went during my first year of employment that I quit keeping track of newly hired superintendent names chance of a superintendent being let go is very very high. most quit due to excessive hours and weekends 20 hour work days planned into schedule Friday night directly into Saturday day shift massive lack of office support superintendent's here are nothing more than who receives the blame for inadequacys of project management which at the same time they ask you to do 60 plus hours a week they keep themselves on a strict 40 hour week and refuse to cover any of the weekends that they built into the schedule you will obviously have no team environment as long as this management style continues at this company
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Long hours, weekends, night shift, no job security
Hard working employees with a fun interaction with each other.
Employee (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 20, 2017
The teams are built to best fit the needs of our clients. Each team is self reliant with support from other teams. The North office in Pleasanton, CA is a place where each employee builds a relationship to know how to handle the most difficult projects. The South office in Anaheim, CA supports the company objectives and assists the teams to meet their goals.
Pros
Team comraderie
Cons
Small office
place to learn
laborer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 8, 2017
great place to start in construction and get a little taste of what its like for ti improvements from the start to finish, i didn't no much but i was taught by my coworkers and supers i would recommended friends and family to apply you will like it, especially if you want to pursue for a career.
Pros
advancement, pay, flexibility
Great HR, Nice work environment, treated well
Project Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 9, 2015
This is a great company to work for. The only drawback is the pay is not competitive at all. They do try and make up for it in other ways, which seems to make most people happy enough. If is a nice environment to work in with a really great group of people. The company is growing so some of that dynamic may begin to change, but overall it's a great company that I have enjoyed working for!
Pros
Lots of free lunches. Very caring HR. Good people. Nice office!
Cons
not very competitive wages
Customer service Assistant dispatch, billing
Receptionist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sayreville, NJAugust 27, 2013
Answering phone calls.
assisting dispatch
write up work orders
billing
Pros
dirt place
Cons
liked the work
A place for learning
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJune 13, 2013
Bid on projects,I performed closeouts R.F.I's, Submit samples for approvals. Correspond with Project Managers, architects, and superintendents. Safety Meetings,

Closeouts, letter heads and management.
materials, estimating, scheduling, and training for future openings.

Management is an team role as they work with several other VP's make the decisions. They are great leaders.

My co-workers are easy to get along with, we team up and make critical decisions and we cross train each other.

Time! The bid dates and job walk dates are the most critical, not to mention close out dates. Safety Meetings and daily reports, to times by seven because we would be running seven jobs or more at once.
All the above!
Pros
More Experience
Cons
Poor Economy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DEB Construction, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

DEB Construction, LLC Reviews by Location