Decatur Housing Authority Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast paced environment but small enough to have working relationships with all staff
Section 8 Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 13, 2017
Very busy & sometimes the workload is extremely heavy but the company recognizes that & offers overtime whenever it's needed. Great benefits, off before 5.
Pros
Healthcare, bonuses
Cons
Short lunches, heavy workload
Review
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 4, 2017
Company pays well and has great benefits however the work environment is very hostile.

I would not recommend anyone I like to apply with Decatur Housing under the current management.
Fun place to work
Public Housing Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 25, 2014
This office is very busy. DHA main goal is to make sure that they are renting out available properties.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Work duties
Busy work place but productive
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 23, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job was moving in new residents who were well pleased with their apartment. A typical day at work was being kept busy with daily work. I learned all aspects of human behavior the good and the bad. My co-workers always worked together to fulfill the need of the Housing Authority. The hardest part of the job was evicting families with children.
Great place to help the community with crime rate
dont be like us (Former Employee) –  Decatur ILAugust 5, 2012
A typical day at work was searching imates and sending letters about out program and wanting to have interview with them to speak upon the youth. I learned how to interview an individual. Managment was very supporting and 100% focused on our program. The hardest part of the job was finding a good imate to speak to. The most enjoyable part was interviewing and having great conversations.
Pros
interviewing
Cons
not having an inmate to speak with.
Productive and pleasant work environment
Step-up/ Preapprentice (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 27, 2012
A typical work day consist of helping bricklayers, electricians, or carpenters by cleaning up mortar, cutting bricks to a specific size, wiring light fixtures, wiring service panels, installing mini blinds and removing garbage for residential units. Co-workers were great to be around I learned a lot from them. The hardest part of the day was when there was not any work. The most enjoyable part was learning sometime new everyday.
Pros
learning skills from different construction trades
Cons
did not get to finish the program