Decatur Memorial Hospital Employee Review

View all Decatur Memorial Hospital reviews

I loved my job. Just hard to work with management
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILFebruary 6, 2014
I typed operative notes mostly. Acute care and some radiology. I learned how to listen and type and understand ethnic speaking doctors. Management was hard to work with on this job very demanding. Loved my coworkers. They kept raising the amount of work to be procedure each day which was compromising the accuracy of the the documents. I loved all the knowledge that was involved with this job, new treatments, new medications and new procedures, very interesting.
Pros
able to work from home
Cons
Working holidays and weekends. Insurance benefits were not good.

Other Decatur Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Satisfactory place to work depending on the department you work in
Patient Registration (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILApril 11, 2018
There is much repetition in the registration department. Unfortunately the rules are not enforced. In other words, management in that department does not require that all employees follow the same set of rules. The employees who get ahead, get the best shifts, are the ones who spend more time being social with the "boss" than working for the patients. Too much time is spent gossiping, pretending to be busy and surfing the web.
Huge Patient Loads
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Med-SurgMarch 25, 2018
Nurse to patient ratio on med-surg was 1:7-8. You run your legs off. There is no sense of team; if your patient is load is rough with lots of isolations that's just too bad. Aides give you attitude; they are very slow and inefficient. You end up doing the RN work and most of the aide work during your shift.
Pros
Convenient to where I lived.
Cons
You will never get out on time. Administrative click plays favorites with employees..