Decisive Communications Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Decisive
HR Admin (Current Employee) –  Ijamsville, MDJuly 18, 2018
I love this company and the people I work with they offer benefits and a fun working environment.
My day usually involves checking emails, entering PTO, updating spreadsheets, sending updates and emails and assisting my manager with her day to day activities.
Pros
Quartly luncheons
Cons
Stress of Job
Fun job
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Kearneysville, WVJuly 14, 2018
Its a great place to work if you want to work. Fast paced work environment. Traveling and meeting people from all around the world. Learning the in and outs of the cable world
hard work and productive
Cable Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMay 3, 2018
I felt that decisive communications is a great working environment where you are praised for your hard work and dedication. The work can be difficult but it is paid well.
Petty management and non professional
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Ijamsville, MDApril 2, 2018
Do not work here. Changing management creating unworkable environment for all employees. Back stabbing and childish management looking out for themselves and no one else.
Hard fast pace.Long hours,Not enough official days off recognized
Home Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDFebruary 16, 2018
Decisive Communications was a fast paced steady 6 days a week job. Fun atmosphere, people and staff were good, I think that the job is not a family conducive type of job. Due to the high demand of service your providing to customers. if your a family man you miss out on spending time with them.
Pros
Meeting a wide range of poeple
Cons
Christmas and Thanksgiving are the only 2 official days off, leaving no time for your family.
Cable TV good job
Contractor Field Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 18, 2018
steady and fast paced, I liked it back then. good people within the company and everyone looked out for one another. Id Definatly recommend anyone looking for a good job to work there. Ive been in bad jobs and Okay jobs; this was the best
Pros
company knew how to treat the technicians well
Quick paced
Cable Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 8, 2018
stressful at times, quick paced, installation of services are a bit tricky to begin out with.
management: fun but also prickish
hardest part? figuring out way to make signal perfect for customer.
Great employers
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 30, 2017
I really enjoyed what working for this company has taught me. I have gotten a lot of insight that i probably would not have gotten otherwise. It has been a great experience.
Construction Business Units
Construction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ijamsville, MDOctober 19, 2017
Very micro managed, and the interview is a sale of a false "bill of goods". Poor communication, and lack of direction create a tumultuous work environment
Pros
Company truck, laptop, cell phone
Cons
Management is backwards; "old boys club"; Micro managing
Please don't come to work for this company!
Fiber Optic Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 15, 2017
If you decide to come to work for Decisive Communications my advise to you is please turn around and run the other way, this company will disappoint!.
Poor Management
Fiber Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 12, 2017
Poor management skills and very very low salary. The offer letter was emailed to me directly. The job offer was accepted and offer letter was signed. Unfortunately, they did not keep the terms that was in the offer letter and completely altered the agreement.
not a good place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2017
not a good place to work long hours small pay check bad work hours work weekends and some holidays work with bad equipment work in heat cold everthing
Great management
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 22, 2017
Decisive had great management work hour were reasonable.
i Learned a lot with this company and also use a lot of what i learned today. Give them a good review overall
no good
Technology Technician/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJune 20, 2017
These guys are crooks they dont train you at all and want you to work every day of the week from 6 to 8 pm that is crazy, then blaim you you for stuff you never did.
great
CABLE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 14, 2017
defiantly a great place to work and you gain a lot of experience in every situation was great while it lasted and recommend this place to any one be willing to work hard
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
poorly managed
Fiber Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ijamsville, MD 21754June 10, 2017
Decisive is very poorly managed and very segregated. the company is very re-actively managed, there is very little if any forward or progressive thinking. they offer no holiday pay and min. personal time off
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
No holiday pay
Great place to work and has family atmosphere
Lead Coaxial Splicer (Former Employee) –  Boyds, MDApril 27, 2017
I liked working here. I only left due to my desire to move back to Atlanta. The company allowed me to grow in the field and become the lead dplicer; in which I trained and offer support to new splicers
typical day
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAApril 6, 2017
In a typical day in my last position I fulfilled management tasks of opening and closing the facility, as well as overseeing a staff of seven individuals. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
positive work environment
Fiber Splicer (Current Employee) –  Urbana, MDMarch 21, 2017
Overall great place to work and improve and expand your telecom knowledge.
Hardest part of the job is working long hours
Some management are great to work for, some act like high school children.
Pros
Company Vehicle
Cons
Some Management
Great place to build a career
Field Engineer /Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 3, 2016
This is a great company to work for. They take great care of their employees. Unfortunately, the headquarters are located out of state. I would be required to move out of state if I wish to continue on with the company, as they no longer have work in this area. Most days consisted of meeting with new people and determining a plan to get services to there site. I enjoy talking to people and helping them with their needs. Everyday I would be working in a different setting with someone new, which kept things interesting.
Pros
Great support system and given the proper tools to succeed.
Cons
Home office is in another state.