Decker Truck Line, Inc
65Average

Decker Truck Line, Inc Employee Reviews

United States84 reviews
Friendly atmosphere
This place was super nice. My co-workers were amazing and super friendly. I didn't appreciate the amount of work I did and no pay raises. There aren't many options in terms of moving up.
Smoke and Mirrors - They put up a good front
When you are first hired everything is great! From that point on it's a down hill slide. Pay raises are inconsistent at best. Upper management thinks you are the "little people", believe me I have heard it said!

There are good people there but most don't stay long. As far as the office/shop it's a revolving door.
Lots of talk no action
Worked for the company for 5 years and only got one raise and that was only because I threatened to leave. Not a lot of room for advancement and they like to give more work to the people who are good workers
You get to drive comfortable
Freight is slow in the winter time. Management is cool as long as you’re not a jerk driver. Trucks are comfortable, t.v, refrigerator, thermoking, microwave all come with the truck.
Guaranteed Pay
Guaranteed pay is helpful in starting a new career path, but can also limit your driving experience as non-guaranteed drivers get better routes. It gets frustrating that you are not notified ahead of time as to what your next load will be.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Poor dispatcher equipment sub par
Worst dispatcher I ever had in my 10 years of driving was ok for the first few months then I got stuck with some 20 something female dispatcher who didn't know the first thing about trucking she never got me home for home time consistently i would give her plenty of notice when I needed to be home she would ok it and then 2 days before I was due home she would come up with some bs and not get me home on time when I would ask her what the deal was she would say the same excuse as all these other so called dispatcher would say that's trucking what she knew about trucking you could probably fit on a pinhead w
Great Training department, providing anything you need to be successful.
Provided a week orientation about the company and process training.
Four weeks of training in the truck with a trainer providing explanations of all of the task required for running a route. I am a new driver and over all am impressed with the training provided. Would recommend Decker as a good place to work.
Would not recommend Decker Truck Lines
The hiring process took way too long. It was difficult getting a hold of our recruiter. Orientation was great and their Equipment is nice, but they do not have the miles they promise. Management is very hard to work with. Dishonest and Disrespectful. We were never on time for our scheduled Home Time.
Great family atmosphere, knowledgeable/helpful staff
All departments work hard to deliver the best customer service possible for our Drivers and customers. Diligently strive for up-to-date equipment and training for Driver/Office/Shop employees.
Pros
Continuously adapting to change and learning industry trends
Cons
N/a
Good Intentions But Poor Execution
The owners and most of the staff are great people. The Equipment is older but fairly maintained. Some of the Driver Managers have no business being a driver manager.
Pros
good shops/terminals
Cons
Poor managment
Strive for Greatness
Great atmosphere, benefits, pay, Holiday pay, hours and co-workers, good flexibly for time off. Happy to be a part of the Decker Team! Can't wait to see what 2020 has in store for us!
Pros
Holiday pay, benifits, and hours
January 24, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We take great pride in our employees.
Challenging tasks and responsibilities
A sense of helping inside and outside customers succeed. Challenging, fulfilling responsibilities. Nurtured innovation with a changing culture. Overall positive experience.
January 24, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We take great pride in our employees and their overall experience.
Leading in the other direction
Company more focused on the management side instead of the backbone that makes the company run and put drivers down instead of appreciate the ones they have and encourage them to better preform but write you up without explaining the problems that can get fixed and running off potential great employees...
January 24, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We take great pride in our employees. Each day we strive to make improvements please reach out to us at 800-247-2537. Have a good day!
I have enjoyed my time with Decker Truck Line. Management is helpful and friendly. The wages and benefits are comparable if not higher than other local companies.
January 24, 2020
Thanks so much for the praise and the feedback! "Driven to be the Best!"
Poor dispatching
The dispatcher that I was assigned to never answered his phone when you called. To get ahold of him you had no choice but to use the in cab ELD to send him a message and then wait for a response. Sometimes it be just a few minutes then other times it be 45-60 minutes.
January 24, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. If you wish to further address these concerns please contact us at 800-247-2537.
Great company!
Decker Truck Line is a great company that is family oriented. Decker has been able to succeed for many years with the help of their many great employees and the support of their families.
January 24, 2020
Thank you for the great praise! Your hard work and dedication to DTL does not go unnoticed.
Great Company
I have really enjoyed my time working at Decker! There are so many great coworkers; everyone his helpful, respectful and supportive of one another. Being paid weekly is a bonus and they offer good benefits.
January 24, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review, we take great pride in our employees!
Treats me well
Good miles, home time is good. Fleet Manager treats me with respect. Everyone has been helpful. Getting paid weekly is nice. The benefits are good also.
January 24, 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback-- Great to hear you are enjoying it here. We strive daily to improve our driver experience.
Great company to work for
Decker is a family owned company since 1931 and very stable. It's a great place to work with lots of benefits for both office/shop and drivers! If you work hard and do a good job you will be rewarded with a great career whether driving down the road in a top-of-the-line Decker truck, sitting in an office in one of our beautiful terminals working on the computer, or working out in the shop on the newest equipment.
January 24, 2020
Thank you for your feedback-- we strive to provide top of the line equipment, customer service and a family atmosphere for our employees.
company is all about themselves
Worked here and for the first 3 months this company never got me home plus sit for 2 days trying to get the trailer loaded and you cant make up time in a truck governored at 60 miles per hour///boss worries to much about his pretty clean equipment///I do not recommend this company to anyone who wants to make money on the road// I know as ive been driveing truck since 1978
January 24, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We sincerely apologize for your bad experience. Please contact us at 800-247-2537 to further address.
Doing work for decker
I was never late on a load, I was always early on my deliveries then all of sudden I got fired for stuff that wasn't major. Who would ever think that they would ever do this to me, this place is a joke I wouldn't advise anyone going here they will screw you over eventually just like three friends of mine and me. This is wrong what they did and do to people.
January 24, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Please contact us at 800-247-2537 if you wish to further discuss.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Decker Truck Line, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8