DECO Recovery Management Employee Reviews

I loved my job!
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 22, 2018
I absolutely loved my job and management were very understanding and down to earth, however my program manager was very abusive. HR and managers listen to my concerns and were very professional. I did not let the program managers behaviors paint a picture for the company as a whole. I loved interacting with the patients, problem solving and the team work. I would go back as I loved the company also, however it would have to be at a different site.
Pros
Team work, bunus, benefits
Cons
Not a lot of group participation between sites
love the company
Field Representative/Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJuly 21, 2018
Company Is amazing Ive been with the company for 3 and a half years , Managements cares for there employees if you have a personal crises there are there for you. I love the company.
Good Start
Eligibility Representative II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 5, 2018
This company was a good place to begin my journey into business. It has taught me a lot and I can take that knowledge with me as I advance my career. They do lack skilled management.
friendly co-workers
Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 14, 2018
the hardest part of the job was waiting for the referrals. Management was very helpful and available to answer questions that arose during the work week by phone,
It's a good place to start when working in a call center
OUTREACH REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  8201 corporate dr lanham md 20785May 8, 2018
It is a good place to get on your feet when wanting to get into an office job. Taking calls everyday and filling out medicaid applications. We work with various hospitals and it can get a bit stressful and confusing,
Pros
everyone is friendly
Cons
favortism
My DECO Experience
Senior Vice President (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDApril 9, 2018
I have worked at DECO Recovery Management for 13 years. During my time at DECO I have been given a great deal of opportunity to have a positive impact on people’s lives while working in an exciting work environment. I have been given the opportunity to engage with staff at all levels and had a voice in many decisions in the company, even before my role was elevated to senior management. I have been promoted multiple times and have always had the impression that I would be rewarded for good work.

The hardest part of the job has been external to the job itself. The work that DECO performs is in Health Care and is subject to many local, state and federal laws. This situation causes the requirements of the job to change depending on the legal requirements of the work being performed. I have found this to be a good challenge, but it is a challenge.
Pros
Professional Growth and Opportunity
Progressive mission based company with inspiring leadership
Manager (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDApril 5, 2018
The DECO culture lives and breaths its core values of Diligence, Excellence, Compassion, and Ownership. The day is busy so it goes by fast. It is a very rewarding career where your efforts go towards educating and advocating for those in need.
Pros
Great Leadership
Productive work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDFebruary 25, 2018
They are ok. Im forced to write this because indeed is dumb. Just killing time when i should be job searching. but ok whatever im almost done. Yup... done,
Pros
good folks
Cons
no growth
DECO Review
Disability Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Landover NDFebruary 2, 2018
Was excited to start in the begining but as I learned this was not a "family driven " or even care about tyour workers type of company only the numbers.
Pros
Location and hours
Great Company!!!
Operations (Current Employee) –  CorporateDecember 23, 2017
Great place to work! It feels great to work for a company that is a leader in revenue cycle management services. This service not only brings great value to hospitals but also to patients that need support. The company is well managed and highly values the work of its employees. Management has an open door policy (highly collaborative) and welcomes ideas across the company from employees to ensure it maintains its leader status. I'm very proud to work here.
Chaotic mess
Director (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 22, 2017
Some very nice people work here but very, very, very unprofessional overall. Chaotic environment. No support staff. Do not care about people they represent and poor reputation with a major federal agency. Loads of complaints against this company. Indifferent and extremely poor management.
Pros
Some, but not all, conscientious employees
Cons
Balanced environment where you could put your knowledge and skills to use.
Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 2, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Deco recovery management. It was a balanced environment where I was able to come to work and do whatever was required of me. I was able to do my job efficientally and in a reasonable amount of time. Co workers were friendly as well.
great flexibility
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LASeptember 5, 2017
As a remote field manager, I was given autonomy and respect by management in staffing and standard operating procedures allowing for smooth productivity.
Pros
autonomy and discounts on meals
Cons
stressful and emotionally exhausting
Demanding but manageable place to work at.
Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 22, 2017
Nice people to work with on a daily basis, as well as professional environment. Hospital personnel were very friendly as well made job more enjoyable.
Helping Other
Application Specialist/Advocate (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJune 27, 2017
I learned nothing as I already came with the experience and I would assist management and employee's. I take pride in helping patient's but management was very unprofessional.
productive work place
Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCJanuary 3, 2017
The staff is very on top of their work but the company needs more bilingual staff that since the area is more of a Spanish speaking community. Other than that, nice place and people.
productive and fast paced environment
Clergy/Eligibility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJuly 18, 2016
Loved working with DECO, the hospital was the best part of my time with the company. Enjoyed contact with patients and the assistance we could provide them.
Work/Benefits
Case Manager Representative I (Current Employee) –  Landover, MD 20785May 10, 2016
No room for growth or advancement. No incentives from upper management to employees. Pay does not equal amount of work given. Benefits are bad.
Pros
Metro Excessible
Cons
Benefits, Pay, Managment
good service
Medical Billing/Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  MDMay 5, 2016
The company provides a good service to the community. The pay is low and there are a lot of risk while working with patients in house at hospitals.
Run as fast as you can
ELIGIBILITY REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  MarylandApril 14, 2016
Where can I even begin? At first this job sounds like a dream come true. Starting salary is $14/hourly now. You don't need a college degree or even that much experience. Aaaaaand then it goes downhill from there. There is no room for advancement, EVER. Recognize that you'll be working here for years with the same pay that you received back when you first started. Management does not train you and they will expect you to train new staff, on top of expecting you to finish your work as well. The execs. make all the money and you don't see a dime from it. There have been times where we have made quarterly goals and promised a bonus and we have never seen any money come from it. The office setting mostly depends on what hospital you're assigned to. It can be either really slow or fast-paced, so good luck. The benefits are awful as well. Also, on most major holidays, at least one staff member is expected to work at least half a day.
Pros
Decent starting pay
Cons
Poor pay, poor management, poor training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DECO Recovery Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8