Decorative Specialties

Working at Decorative Specialties: 15 Reviews

United States15 reviews

Don't do it!

The overtime is there if you want it but you are under paid. Your gonna do your job on top of a whole bunch of extra stuff. You have no home/ work balance and you never know what time you are getting off day to day!

Pros

Overtime if you want it

Cons

No work life balance and under paid for all the work you have to do.

depressing workplace

No more home life when you are hired here even thru covid overtime is mandatory. HR works against you they have no problem solving skills. I do not recommend this place to anyone unless you don't have any family....

Pros

you pay for your pros here

Cons

short notice mandatory overtime, mandatory saturdays

Decorative Specialties insights

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things

I worked 12 hours a day for days for a little over a whole year they pay was very little. they took away so much from your check it didn't seem like you worked more then 60 hours there.

Overall good company to work for.

Very busy call center working long hours (12 hour days) Managers were not very helpful. Learned a lot about the custom cabinet industry. Busy, Busy!!!

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Half hour lunches only while working 12 hour days Mandatory.

Very Fact paced

I liked the job just poor management at times we didn’t know until the end of the day what time we were going home but for the most it help pay the bills

Pros

Plenty overtime

Cons

Short Breaks no outside life not enough communication

Overall Good. Nice heating in Winter, but Hot in Summer

Being on time a MUST. Nice cool Lunchroom with vending. Some good managers some not so good. Major attention to safety is required. They have annual safety meetings. 401 k is attractive. Health benefits were good.

Pros

Holiday Meals

Cons

Heat and Stress.

Highly Professional.

I learned a lot from this company, very professional work environment. I have 3 bosses, all were supportive, and educative, very friendly bosses, and communicative.

Not a lot of opportunity for growth

Not a lot of opportunity for growth at Decore, raises are not consisten, management is pretty bad here specially managers that are not certify for the position. this company is mostly for starters that want to learn and want job experience.

Pros

free food on holidays, starters experience

Cons

management, supervisors, raises, pay, and hours

great place

good place to work great people great boss they care about there people they make you feel like you are the greats if you work hard they will see it and you will to

fast paste

this was a very fast paste environment, it kept me on my toes and helped me to learn something new everyday. I would come in and get on the phones with our customers and help them with such things as; quotes, payment arrangements, taking orders and tracking of shipments.

Pros

food, books, overtime

Cons

fast paste, alot to know, no team work

Good experience - nice management

If you are going to do your best at this company you will be recognized and promoted and the best of benifits. Fair and honest environment however fastpaced and growing

a great place to learn new skills to improve the company

A good place to work and grow with the company and to improve the way production is done, work hard as a team to get it done. everybody works together and learns together and has fun too, keeps things fresh.

Productive and able to move up.

We would work usually from 7-3:30, Very productive, loved the people. everyone was very friendly

Pros

Amazing people, good oppurtunities

Cons

Low pay

Co-workers were very helpful.

Most enjoyable part of the job was when customer would come into office to pick up items.

fun work place

Contact customers to set up accountspost payments to customer accountsMake deposits to be picked up by brinksSupervisors are nice as well as co-workersthe hardest wastrying to collect personal information to open customers accounts

Pros

free lunches, good benifits

Common questions about Decorative Specialties

Answered by current and former employees at Decorative Specialties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Decorative Specialties. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits