Decypher Technologies Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Don't do it
Screener in the Middle Eastern Country of Qatar (Former Employee) –  QatarApril 14, 2018
The owner and the management of this company could not be more unethical. They will do whatever they can to steal every single dollar they can from their employees. You can not trust a single word that comes out of their mouths. Thieves!!!
Pros
Cons
The entire Company and especially the top management
Personal Company
Education and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 3, 2018
Enjoyed working at/for Decypher Technologies because their personnel were professional, as well as personal. They stayed in contact with me regularly.
Pros
They gave away really nice company goodies in appreciation for good work.
Cons
Would like the company to have been closer (logistically).
Awesome Consultant Company HQ in San Antonio, TX
Consultant (Administration Technitian) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 20, 2017
Hired me into a unique position as a jointly funded (DOD and DVA) consultant helping senior leaders and experts at every level throughout both organizations to establish and "institutionalize" the federal partnership.
Decypher Review
Technician (Current Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, CONovember 13, 2017
Overall it is a good company to work for. You have terrific co workers that get a long with everyone. The atmosphere is great and positive vibes all around. Be warned though, this is a start up company with many holes. They are working to fill these holes but it will take them time and cause you immense stress while you try to work with sometimes sparse information. Management is good at getting what they want out of the company but have often forget the burden they give to their workers. I recommend that you work for this company if you are starting out as a technician and need a good base of knowledge in order to move on. Don't expect to move up in the company or advance in pay often.
Good Company to work for.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 6, 2017
All of my time with Decypher was spent working at Wilford Hall at Joint Base San Antonio Lackland.
Management was not engaging, nor were they present.
Fast paced work must be completed in 40 hours per week. Management is hands off with little understanding of what psychologists do. Pay varies widely.
Psychologist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 2, 2017
The work is very fast paced. Comprehensive assessment including psychological testing and IQ testing as needed, individual and group therapy, treatment team meetings, collateral information gathering, Command Directed Evaluations, and many more tasks are required of you. You are strictly allowed 40 hours only per week to complete these tasks but must keep up with the same work load as the active duty members who are expected to work late. Decypher management is extremely hands off with poor interpersonal skills overall. Management does not have an understanding of what psychologists do and therefor give poor directions when trying to problem solve. Management is strictly focused on appeasing the military and maintaining their contract. I have learned that psychologist's compensation varies widely despite very similar lengths of time licensed. The hardest part of the job is staying on top of mountains of paperwork without being allowed to ever stay late. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I worked with and the culture of the military.
Low Morale, Read and be forewarned!
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  ArizonaAugust 22, 2017
I was a contractor working at a military facility; Decypher likes to point at the Government and say that's the way the Government wrote the contract but at the same time the Government point the finger back at Decypher stating that is how Decypher bid the contract. Decypher knows that for every employee that they hire there is 5 more behind them waiting to take their place so they don't really put a big emphasis on keeping employees happy.

As a Contractor you are the bottom of the barrel in military installations as obviously Mil are #1 and GS Employees being #2 so its not a very high morale especially since Decypher will tell you that you get a Down Day off to go along with some of the main holidays when the facility is closed. What they wont tell you is the down day you have to use your own PTO or not get paid for this day. There is no option to work on Down Days so you end up using PTO to cover down days.

They don't offer a lot of advancement and the Main Corp office may or may not decided to email you back to answer any questions you have but Oh shame on you for not emailing them back the same day!

Oh yes, they don't have Permanent Positions at Military facilities so be prepared every year in August to be nervous and scared waiting for Decypher to stop dragging their feet and let employees know if they still have a job after September 30th EVERY YEAR. It is nerve wracking and they are afraid that people will leave before their position has ended so they wait until the last minute to tell people if their jobs will continue or not. Thanks for that, very fair.
  more... And they wonder why their is a huge turn over for employees here!  less
Chaotic with Capricious Leadership
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2017
I was recruited from out of state. I was hired and even before I started work two weeks later the organizational structure had changed. My new boss showed up 2 weeks after I started and after 60 days eliminated my position. Every technical infrastructure component at the company is in some form of disarray (1.5 months to get the badge printer fixed). It appears they change operations team every six to nine months.
Pros
Nice offices
Cons
Chaos
Nurse case manager
Nurse Case Manager, NJ Army National Guard (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMay 13, 2017
Too much politics between army and contractor. Contract manager pretends to support employees but does nothing. You are on your own if you work for decypher
Pros
Get to work with military
Cons
Low pay, politics, no advancement
Great Company
Medical Records Tech/ER Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 9, 2017
Crazy working environment, but I worked in an Emergency Room, so that's to be expected. I was a contractor so I worked pretty much wherever I was placed, the hardest part was the shifting hours from days, to evenings, to overnights.
ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Ft Sm Houston, TXNovember 30, 2016
Working for Decypher has been a wonderful experience. the benefits offered by the company are great, and the fact that I am able to spend time with my family is awesome. Decypher is a great company who is very understanding of my family's health issues.
Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Specialist (Current Employee) –  Randolph AFB, TXNovember 20, 2016
Good place to work. Generally "hands off" approach on the part of management. Work with good group of co-workers at my site.
Pros
salary
Cons
cost of healthcare benefits for families
Great company to work for
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 4, 2016
Not much room for advancement, having federal days off is a bonus. Supervisor are not on site. You work with Navy personal at a dental office on a base.
it was ok
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAOctober 4, 2016
it was and short contract job I was only with them for and short time.

It was ok

Maintain and operate a variety of health record indexes, storage and retrieval database systems to collect, classify, store, or analyze patient medical and dental health information for the Georgia Army National Guard.
Compile, scan, index, organize and maintain 11,000 plus Active, Discharged, and Retired Service Members medical records, charts, reports and correspondence.
Greet visitors and answer all inquiries in person, answer multi-line phones, and provide administrative support to State Program Coordinator IIA and Unit program Coordinator in Medical Record Department.
Review records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with state and federal regulations under the Medical Records Administration and Healthcare Documentation (AR-40-66) an
Great Company to work for.
Verifying Official (Current Employee) –  Ventura county, CAOctober 2, 2016
Great company to work for. Upper management is easy to work and communicate with. I enjoy my co-workers and the customers that we see on a daily basis. Everyone is very friendly and easy to work with.
Their Own Personal Gain
Screener (Former Employee) –  QatarMay 1, 2016
Company is sending workers into the country of Qatar without the proper legal information which is so needed. Working with people more hung up on titles than the actual work.
Pros
Working with the Military
Cons
Feeling expendable
Fun place to work
Verifying Official (Current Employee) –  Coronado, CAJanuary 5, 2016
I have enjoyed working at Decypher. Everyone is very nice and welcoming. From coworkers to management, everyone works as a team to get things done. I would recommend Decypher to anyone looking for a great place to work.
Pros
fun place to work, nice people
Cons
healthcare
Not Bad
MOBILE WEB DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXJuly 14, 2014
There doesn't seem to be a lot of room for advancement and upper management changes seemingly every 3-6 months, so you never really know who your boss is. On the plus side it is a pretty relaxed environment.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
High turn-over in upper management, no room for advancement.
Busy fast paced office
Credentials Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 19, 2014
Staff is very knowledgeable. Good place to work. Lots of work to stay busy all day.
Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 13, 2014