Dedicated Logistics, Inc Employee Reviews

This is not the DLS of old!
Sr. Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 6, 2018
With a new management style and the transition to an employee owned company many former employees have found their way back to DLS. To me there is no greater proof of change than that!

Additionally, in the high turnover environment that is freight brokerage we have not had any turnover in 18 months. Again, more proof of the changes made.
Pros
Straight forward variable comp structure.
Cons
Well...it's brokerage. Haha!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 10, 2018
Very self motivated unsupervised place to work depending on location. Dedicated routes for most unless you're a "floater" that covers any vacancies of vacations
Steady full time work
Dock worker (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MDNovember 8, 2018
Not a bad place to work, just lacking the proper pay for the job performed. If DLI paid a better wage they would not have such a turnover rate. Pay needs to be increased to compete with other companies in same field.
Pros
No real dress code
Cons
No chance of advancement
good enviroment
Truck Driver Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2018
i learned a lot being on the road and getting the experience on being in a semi truck.it takes a lot to load and unload especially when you could be on your own doing a load
Pros
no bosses are around watching your every move
Cons
had to work constantly
great location
Third Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 30, 2018
Dedicated was a great place to work, shift change was on point, Management was always on spot with resolving issue, people friendly, personal department was always asking how you doing nice.
Pros
Operation Manager always purchase Pizza
Cons
you needed to work hard
Horrible management
Operations Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHSeptember 25, 2018
I was laid off to make room for a demoted employee and then that employee was fired a week later. Now my former position is up for grabs. The manager is screwing people over left and right and plays favorites too obviously. They don’t care how much of a team player you are just that you do your assigned tasks. Not to mention the office was like a reality show. Drama
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHSeptember 4, 2018
Fast paced and productive place to work for great people great environment breaks were great they were longer than most places you had a set schedule everyday barely any overtime you had to work
Young company with lack of resources
Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 25, 2018
Little support from corporate management. HR and recruiting, IT, and Maintenance depts were all understaffed. Equipment was in rough shape. Local site manager made ultimate decisions seemingly based on a personal agenda rather than what was best for the company. Very poor accountability and progressive discipline process in which people that performed poorly could work there for years, but other people that performed well would be fired with no reason, documentation, or performance discussions at all.
n/a
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAAugust 5, 2018
Working here can be stressful and painful towards your body this type of work is not t for everyone.on the hottest days of the year were not provided with water to keep us hydrated. In my personal opinion this job could be ran differently
Management not local
Route driver/ CDL-A (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 23, 2018
real hands on and all at night........posted job could be misleading. Money not enough. Management not local and hard to reach unless they need you. But local and home eery day
Pros
work alone
Cons
hands on
No job advancement
Billing and Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Crossett, ARJune 25, 2018
Opening paperwork that drivers brought in. Matching with loads in computer. Checking billing rates for loads and billing out to customers. Print out driver moves and check that everything was in order and that driver would be paid fairly. I worked with this company for eight years and ask for a job advancement for more pay since I am single. I was never given the opportunity to advance. The job was not hard just time consuming. Talking and meeting drivers from different cities was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Good family owned business
Cons
No benefits or job advancement
It was a very demanding job
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 21, 2018
I enjoyed working with this company the office personnel was very helpful. The management is very poor in communication and follow-up.The most enjoyable part of the job was my interaction with all the GM dealers in the Hampton Roads area. The hardest part of this job was not having equipment to deliver these parts "ie" pallet jack for engine's and transmissions. I was unable to secure my load many times on the trailer due to never having enough straps.
Pros
Great relationship with GM Dealers
Cons
Mangement very poor communication. Unwilling to resolve driver issues.
Nice place to start a career
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDJune 20, 2018
A workday for my consists of just making sure the job is done and done correctly. The associates select items such as sandwiches, paper, and frozen cakes just to name a few items.
Stressful work place with high turn-around rate
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MDJune 17, 2018
The work environment in this location is highly stressful due to the high turnover rate attributed to poor leadership that lacks accountability and passes the blame down the line, only to continue their failing posture due to the real problem being their upper tier management.
room for improvement
Cons
management
temporary job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAApril 3, 2018
fulfilled 40-100 daily online orders, packaged and labeled them as well. organized merchandise and kept up with inventory. light inventory work on excel
Pros
active ost of the 8hrs
Cons
urorganized, lack of management and direction
Dli
Dock Worker/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMarch 13, 2018
Not a stable company to work for..contracts run out leaving you with job uncertainty. Lots of stress and demand going on management in return on the employees.
fast pasced no benifits
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 5, 2018
use to be a great place to work with good benefits, they took them and the bonuses away. to get the extra pay had to do dock work and deal with call offs and had to fill in when there was a call off
Pros
decent pay
Cons
had to do so much extra to get better pay
productive competitive envoirment with minimal chance of advancement
Dock lead (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHFebruary 27, 2018
DLI has done nothing more but give me opportunity to take on new challenges as a dock lead. GREATLY APPRECIATIVE of the chance this company has taken with me.
Pros
Steady work schedule
Cons
Weekends are sometimes manditory
The job is fast-paced and very stressful.
Class C Route Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles CaliforniaFebruary 1, 2018
We work the graveyard shift and it was very stressful and fast-paced making deliveries in many different counties for AT&T phone company. There is many miles to drive many freeways to drive many addresses to remember and a lot of scanning of all of all of the boxes.
Pros
Good hours, paid overtime, paid time off, good place to work.
Cons
No advancements
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ohJanuary 9, 2018
I wasn't getting paid like I should to be moving engines and transmission. I was getting 162 per day and working 10, 11 and sometimes 12 hours a day. When I would get there I would have to wait because my truck was never loaded so that's 30 to 45 minutes I had to wait and DLI didn't care cause you were paid by the day. I was making more money when I was a temp cause I was making 17 an hour. So if you can stay a temp worker cause I was lied to and treated horrible with this company. I worked for the Hamilton Ohio one.
Pros
Having a start time
Cons
Low pay, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dedicated Logistics, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9