Dee Zee, Inc. Employee Reviews

Steady job
Lazer cell operator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 5, 2018
No room for improvement. Worked there for 4 years and made more when I started than when I left. Made a lot of connections and gained experience but was never treated fairly or compensated for my efforts.
Pros
Steady job
Cons
No improvement. No raises
Work
Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 16, 2018
Okay job management wasn't great but primarily just one individual. Work was hard but only when the previous shift fell behind in work.
Good job poor management.
Benefits
Cons
Weekend work mandatory, broken machines making for a lot of dead time.
Poorly managed. Supply and demand were always compensated, causing equipment failure and high turnover rates
Paint Lead, 2nd Shift (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IASeptember 26, 2018
Poorly managed. The department had a high turnover rate. They found out quickly that I was an asset, the cog that made the whole wheel move smoothly. Then took advantage of me by having me work longer hours, cover people's shifts, boost my daily quota and not give me a less than earning wage.
Pros
Loved the job
Cons
Dislike the micromanaging, the shift overlapping to recoup the lazy shift, and failing equipment
Dee Zee is a good work Place
Automatic Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 11, 2018
Dee Zee is a good work place you could learn a lot if you put in the work. Dee Zee is also very competitive and hard working. My over all opinion I would recommend this job to a friend!
Pros
Room to advance and learn
DeeZee make good and reliable products for there customers
powdercoating (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 8, 2018
It was a great job i got along well with my co-workers and while working i was trained in a new trade as a powdercoat painter. They are always hiring and always looking for hard workers, they also will hire and train you to do new and different tasks.
Pros
They are always hiring and are willing to train new and unexperianced co-workers for the job.
Cons
Sometimes the factory would high tempatures, it wonce hit 130 so we had to take brakes every fifteen minutes
Punctual reliable team player
Dee Zee manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 20, 2018
A dependable and punctual team player that is self - motivates and works well with people of diverse cultures. A reliable, and flexible individual possessing a great sense of humor, who enjoys working to complete tasks.
Dee zee review
Machine Operator, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 11, 2018
It's a good job, job wise. When u factor in management an operations it's a mess. The point system an mantory overtime aren't prefers when work is completed. And it's a super hot environment to work in.
Not a Great Place to Work
Automation Technician (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 15, 2017
Poorly Managed with below average pay and benefits. The company will do whatever it takes to spare a few dollars. No matter how long you have been there or how much you mean to them.
Face paced and very friendly
Production Manufacturer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 3, 2017
Dee Zee was great for me to work at because of the hours available for me to work.the benefits, and the training I received I was able to train the new employees that started.Plus I was willing to work all areas of the plant and work a lot of overtime.
Pros
They provide the shirts to wear, great benefits
Cons
short breaks
Pays the bills
MACHINE OPERATOR- EXTRUSIONS (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 17, 2016
Pay is sub-par at best.......but the work isn't back-breaking so I guess you're being fairly compensated. It pays the bills. Growing company that has tons of opportunities. No background checks. Just drug testing and lifting test required.
Pros
Free life insurance, great benefits package 401(k)., all necessary work accessories provided by company.
Cons
Short breaks....two ten minute breaks and a twenty minute lunch :(
not fun but fast paced
press operator, forklift driver (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, IAJune 15, 2017
keeps you busy, but pay and benefits seriously lacking. training is in need of updating, and equipment is old and in poor condition. everything is there but so maybe someday things will improve.
good job if you need one
Maintenance Welder (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 9, 2018
fast pase and hard work. you for sure cant slack but you can get out of it what you put in if your willing to work. Gotta be on time and reliable. That is key
Pros
steady work
Cons
pay
nice work place to work
production assembler (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 20, 2016
advancement in the company with benefits pay raises nice work place metal assemblemer drug free work place work every day
Pros
nice work environment
benefits
I learned how to work in a Factory
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 2, 2013
I enjoyed working there and learning how the assembly line works
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management
Okay
Welder (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 11, 2017
Lots of work, gets dirty fast okay work place okay coworkers, benifits are good, okay coworkers... Lots of production..
Pros
Okay
Good job
South powder coat paint prep (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 29, 2018
Great place to work wonderful people to be around understanding able to help you if you're about to be lost all around the work with you if you're going to be late I'll let you make it up just a great place to work
Watch your back
Senior Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 3, 2017
One of the most backwards companies I have ever worked for. Management is ruthless here. Office politics is ridiculous, and the name of the game is protect the current way of doing things. Training is the bare minimum. I am literally embarrassed to have them on my resume.
Pros
Very few
Cons
Old culture mentality, resistant to change. Management is dishonest.
They hire criminals beware, high turnover.
CNC (Former Employee) –  DSM,IADecember 19, 2016
I worked there. People quit all the time. My trainer quit two weeks into the job. When I talked to my coworkers, most had criminal records. The management is poor, and they flat out don't care if your machine don't work. It never gets fixed. You work in high temps in the summer. The place is heated but barely. Workforce is uneducated and don't care. I quit after a month. I couldn't take it anymore. DO NOT ACCEPT A JOB HERE YOU WILL BE SORRY.
Pros
That I could quit and leave
Cons
Nothing good to say about the place
New details
Production and Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 8, 2017
Enjoyed working with Press and trying to get precise bending on materials which would engage my brain in ways no other job would do. Did not like working extra to none at different times of year. Preferred regular schedule.
Pros
Independant work
Cons
Air quality
Overall a good company to work for
SENIOR PROJECT (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 20, 2017
I learned lean tools and concepts that I could then apply later in my career. The lean team was very nice and answered any questions that I had along the way.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Lean team had to deal with difficult managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dee Zee, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Dee Zee, Inc. Reviews by Location