DEEM LLC Employee Reviews

Service Manager (Former Employee) –  flaJanuary 11, 2019
it was a job. what else can i say say managers did not understand what was going on in the field. only cared about the spread sheet........ crews needed guides
Good job but no warning when let go
Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 11, 2018
I worked for Deem for 2 years and then without any warning was let go. No answered questions, nothing. I was shocked and sad about the news, but with no answers as to why is very frustrating
Good people but difficult work place
Refrigeration Installer (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 27, 2018
Management seems disconnected from the guys in the field. Often times propping you up for failure and then making a big deal when you do. Pay increases don't happen until you threaten to leave. The guys in the field are good people and are very knowledgeable in the field of work. Much of the work is out of town so it makes having a family life hard at times. Deem also has the weirdest PTO system that I have ever dealt with. You earn it on a quarterly bases and then get paid off the next year for what you don't use making it impossible to save hours to take a summer vacation with your family. You don't have all of your PTO time until the last quarter of the year and by then, if you are like me, you have had to use time throughout the year for sick kids and stuff and you have nothing left for the holidays. Also, almost every other refrigeration company offers premiums for night work but deem does not.
Pros
Good guys and fun work environment
Cons
Pto, pay raises, lack of premium pay for night work
Good company to work for as long as you live to work
Northern Indiana Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2018
Good job, good pay, extreme amount of hours worked, I averaged 60 hours a week, and they would let you work more if you wanted. My health was going downhill and I had to find work elsewhere.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Extreme amount of hours worked and being on call.
i found that the technician were under trained for their titles
Lead Install Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2018
I was hired to be a lead install technician and I found that the position which I was hired for was more of a helper position even though the posting and interview process was for a lead install position. Then when I was being let go the said they had to let me go within the 90 days so that it wouldn't be a problem down the road at the time I was to help them get caught up and then I was let go.
Houston Branch isnt a good place to work
Carpentry Foreman (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2018
My experience at Deem has been tough. Ive been here for a while and things dont change. Management has alot of family that work for the company in our branch and favoritism is heavy. My manager feels that if there arent any problems at home, youre not working enough which i dont agree with at all. I work to live, not the other way around. Im grateful for the experience, but its time for a change when hard work and loyalty isnt appreciated.
Pros
they pay for hotel and per diem
Cons
always away, never home, overnight work all the time
Fun, Positive Workplace with Great Opportunities!
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 13, 2018
DEEM is full of fun and friendly people. Management is constantly looking to make improvements in order to ensure employees are motivated and moral is high! We are constantly growing and there are many opportunities to succeed and develop.
Pros
Constant Support, Personal Growth Opportunities, Positive Work Environment
Cons
Sometimes stressful, but the result is rewarding.
DEEM is a great company
Startup Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 6, 2018
DEEM has a lot to offer for anyone looking to gain more skill or advance their learning, for all walks of the commercial refrigeration industry. With competitive pay and good benefits.
The only way I would leave is for a better opportunity somewhere else.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible management and fair pay.
Stressful
Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 18, 2018
Get it done no matter what. No empathy for life situations that all human beings deal with from time to time. Culture is dog eat dog mentality. Lack of support for field personnel in difficult situations.
Pros
Pay and benefits excellent.
Cons
Stress and disrespectful toward subordinates.
Great workplace
Super market service technician (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 21, 2018
Deem is a fun place to work. There are many opportunities for personal growth. The management team is relaxed and allows a lot of personal freedom. As long as you do your job it is smooth sailing.
very short time working for company
Refrigeration Installer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2018
I was not there long enough to form an opinion. You have to be accepted by the team that you are working with. I was not as experienced as I am now. The travel would probably keep me from reapplying.
Cons
travel
Solid place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 27, 2018
Solid company. Privately owned so houry rates are low in comparison to other like companies. As a project manager there are lots of options for developing your skills
Not Happy With Management in Service Contract Department
Lead Service Technician and Installer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 27, 2017
There is poor job coordination; they schedule jobs while they do not have the material to do the jobs. They recently changed the clock-in and clock-out rules to excessive level; you have to contact a certain person every morning and every evening whether the job is done or not as well as giving very specific details about the job. Work orders have to be done every night that include start-up sheets and site-audits at the end of the job.

All in all, DEEM is a great company to work for, just not in this specific departement right now.
Pros
Benefits, work van, tools are provided, flexible vacation time/days off, technology is provided (work phone, iPad, and laptop)
Cons
Poor management, under valued
Uber masculine work enviorment.
Journeyman Pipefitter/Welder (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 29, 2017
If you don't mind being bullied and harassed for how you look then you found the perfect job. Company offers great pay and raise incentives. Long hour
Pros
Pay incentives, overtime, and weekends off.
Cons
Enviroement, management, lots of traveling out of town.
Poor management good pay
Wv service supervisor and lead service technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 27, 2017
This is a good place to learn and good pay. Bad for family life, this job requires working multiple hours around the clock and on call almost constantly
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
Could be Better
Fire Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 13, 2017
Just your standard electrical and mechanical company. Struggled to feel appreciated with where I was at in reference to where I started out and with all the jobs they had me running. Decent pay with plenty of hours though. The trades don't really work with each other on jobs all that much so it's a bit difficult to work sometimes as you're often fighting people in your own company.
nice place to work
Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 7, 2017
was okay place alot of travel great people to work for. money and benefits was real good.had a death in family and they wouldnt work with me over it. Dont much care to talk anymore about this job for the fact my MOTHER passed away and they didnt care to show any kind of concern other than worrying about a jobsite.
Eastern Michigan had a very good team.
HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee) –  IndianaNovember 6, 2017
One week you get 90 hours and the next 20 hours. After hours calls could come at anytime. Drive time can be 3 to 7 hours of your day. That being said, you are self sufficient. You deal with the office almost exclusively through email. Over 90% of work sites are unoccupied. The employees are all pretty good people and help is only a phone call away if you need it.
typical day at work
Refrigeration Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2017
Big company but poor manager, and not job security. poor Benefits,not workplace culture,not safety poor comunication, not private in personal life,they call any time don`t respect any time.
Decent company with down time
Refrigeration Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 14, 2017
Overall a great company. However they are very slow at times and would put me in roles far beneath my abilities and pay grade just to get hours. Tasks such as sweeping out trucks or driving trucks.
Cons
Very short 30 minute lunch, no other breaks for a 10 hour day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DEEM LLC. Our community is ready to answer.