DEEM LLC Management reviews

Good people but difficult work place
Refrigeration Installer (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 27, 2018
Management seems disconnected from the guys in the field. Often times propping you up for failure and then making a big deal when you do. Pay increases don't happen until you threaten to leave. The guys in the field are good people and are very knowledgeable in the field of work. Much of the work is out of town so it makes having a family life hard at times. Deem also has the weirdest PTO system that I have ever dealt with. You earn it on a quarterly bases and then get paid off the next year for what you don't use making it impossible to save hours to take a summer vacation with your family. You don't have all of your PTO time until the last quarter of the year and by then, if you are like me, you have had to use time throughout the year for sick kids and stuff and you have nothing left for the holidays. Also, almost every other refrigeration company offers premiums for night work but deem does not.
Pros
Good guys and fun work environment
Cons
Pto, pay raises, lack of premium pay for night work
Houston Branch isnt a good place to work
Carpentry Foreman (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2018
My experience at Deem has been tough. Ive been here for a while and things dont change. Management has alot of family that work for the company in our branch and favoritism is heavy. My manager feels that if there arent any problems at home, youre not working enough which i dont agree with at all. I work to live, not the other way around. Im grateful for the experience, but its time for a change when hard work and loyalty isnt appreciated.
Pros
they pay for hotel and per diem
Cons
always away, never home, overnight work all the time
Fun, Positive Workplace with Great Opportunities!
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 13, 2018
DEEM is full of fun and friendly people. Management is constantly looking to make improvements in order to ensure employees are motivated and moral is high! We are constantly growing and there are many opportunities to succeed and develop.
Pros
Constant Support, Personal Growth Opportunities, Positive Work Environment
Cons
Sometimes stressful, but the result is rewarding.
DEEM is a great company
Startup Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 6, 2018
DEEM has a lot to offer for anyone looking to gain more skill or advance their learning, for all walks of the commercial refrigeration industry. With competitive pay and good benefits.
The only way I would leave is for a better opportunity somewhere else.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible management and fair pay.
Stressful
Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 18, 2018
Get it done no matter what. No empathy for life situations that all human beings deal with from time to time. Culture is dog eat dog mentality. Lack of support for field personnel in difficult situations.
Pros
Pay and benefits excellent.
Cons
Stress and disrespectful toward subordinates.
Great workplace
Super market service technician (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 21, 2018
Deem is a fun place to work. There are many opportunities for personal growth. The management team is relaxed and allows a lot of personal freedom. As long as you do your job it is smooth sailing.
Not Happy With Management in Service Contract Department
Lead Service Technician and Installer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 27, 2017
There is poor job coordination; they schedule jobs while they do not have the material to do the jobs. They recently changed the clock-in and clock-out rules to excessive level; you have to contact a certain person every morning and every evening whether the job is done or not as well as giving very specific details about the job. Work orders have to be done every night that include start-up sheets and site-audits at the end of the job.

All in all, DEEM is a great company to work for, just not in this specific departement right now.
Pros
Benefits, work van, tools are provided, flexible vacation time/days off, technology is provided (work phone, iPad, and laptop)
Cons
Poor management, under valued
Uber masculine work enviorment.
Journeyman Pipefitter/Welder (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 29, 2017
If you don't mind being bullied and harassed for how you look then you found the perfect job. Company offers great pay and raise incentives. Long hour
Pros
Pay incentives, overtime, and weekends off.
Cons
Enviroement, management, lots of traveling out of town.
Poor management good pay
Wv service supervisor and lead service technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 27, 2017
This is a good place to learn and good pay. Bad for family life, this job requires working multiple hours around the clock and on call almost constantly
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
nice place to work
Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 7, 2017
was okay place alot of travel great people to work for. money and benefits was real good.had a death in family and they wouldnt work with me over it. Dont much care to talk anymore about this job for the fact my MOTHER passed away and they didnt care to show any kind of concern other than worrying about a jobsite.
typical day at work
Refrigeration Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2017
Big company but poor manager, and not job security. poor Benefits,not workplace culture,not safety poor comunication, not private in personal life,they call any time don`t respect any time.
Watch your back
Account Manager & Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 14, 2017
Reviews are not given regularly and either are raises. Your work load will become more than any one person should be expected to handle and there is no loyalty. Policies change all of the sudden.
Pros
Benefits, vacation time.
Cons
Communication, lack of raises, policy changes often.
Great place to work for
Refrigeration Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 1, 2017
This company was great to work for. The work load was not excessive, great employees and management was always willing to help. The hours were great and the pay showed according to your work ethic.
Pros
Great employees, got work truck and work phone, offered 401k
Cons
have to work out of town sometimes
Good company- chaotic atmospheter
Mobile service tech (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2017
The money is there...

if you like getting home at 3 am. 35K in just 5 mos... 70 + hrs. every week Road warrior.... wide variety of work.
No sleep.
Pros
Great amounts of cash/hours.. independent and various work
Cons
LONG days, on call a bear, chayos from a management structure and dispatch of assignments..
Watch your back!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 25, 2017
There is no team atmosphere at this company. You are always in fear of your job. Upper management uses intimidation to get this done. Very disorganized for such a big company
A good job experience but highly micro managed
Regional Sales and Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 31, 2017
Deem Mechanical was a good job experience for me but I felt as though I was under a microscope all the time I worked there. Management there was less than experienced in their management skills and their way of empowering their employees.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Being micromanaged
Good employment. Bad at Managing jobs with workers
Pipe Fitter (Current Employee) –  NumerousJanuary 25, 2017
Typical day at work could be in Pipefitting, HVAC or Electrical. I have learned additional knowledge in HVAC. Management needs to be improved for the Industrial Services. They have a habit of calling you at 9:30 at night to tell you where you are working the next day or calling at 10:00 in the morning to ask you to drive 2 hours away to a jobsite.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad management
The corporate office in Indy is a wreck
Dispatch/Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 1, 2016
I worked at DEEM (Indiana) full-time (More than a year)
Pros
If you are lucky to get put in a position where your coworkers aren't trying to cover up their mistakes by saying you caused them then you'll be ok.
Cons
The service department is ran by an inept former waitress who got lucky and put in charge of customer accounts. If you desire to be accused falsely of things she cannot even comprehend then this is a great place for you. Otherwise, stay far far away.

Advice to Management
Employees need to be treated fairly, put qualified employees in positions of leadership or you will reap the failures you have been seeing lately. The field techs you cannot get to come work for you wont come due to the failures of the service department office.
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
Poor management, no advancement, no charted course for growth.
Great Co-Workers & Management
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 12, 2016
A typical day at Deem Mechanical included daily challenges to insure that the customer's needs were being met.
This included:
• Coordination with other departments to confirm that service calls were scheduled
• Ordered parts for the job and coordinated with the service call
• Prepared proposals, facilitated follow-ups, processed approved proposals and confirmed that signed contracts and changes were communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, and to support successful implementation.
• Developed close working relationships by documenting customer communications consistently and implemented a follow-up system to assure timely call backs.
• Collaborated with the Account Manager to best meet client needs and exceed their expectations.
• Served as dispatcher for the ammonia refrigeration technicians due to my previous experience with this elite group of customers.

I enjoyed all of my co-workers, they were all hard workers and supported each other in a special way. We worked hard but took time to show each other respect and kindness.

I worked closely with one of the Deem owners and found his style of management to be honest and refreshing. He genuinely cared about his employees and their success at Deem and that made all the difference.

If I had not made the decision to move to San Diego, I would still be working happily at Deem.
Pros
Superior Management, Great Health Benefits
Cons
Not located in California
Most of the time it was an alright work place
Carpenter/ pipefitter (Former Employee) –  EverywhereJuly 8, 2015
I liked my time with this company, the management could have been better. Had a hard time getting raises, they kept coming up with one excuse after another why we wasn't getting our raises. They will work you to death and then boot you right out the door when things get slow around the holidays. I was hurt on the job and they took care of me. But when I returned to full duty and a little over a year from my accident they laid me off and refused to bring me back to work. They laid me off because they had no grounds to fire me for fear I would file a lawsuit against them. To me it was down right dirty... Now they're hiring again and still refuse to bring me back to work..
Pros
Good bunch of guys
Cons
Poor management and dirty practices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DEEM LLC. Our community is ready to answer.