Defender Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It wasn't the work, it was management
DAY PORTER (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 22, 2018
The job wasn't hard and it was slowed paced. However, the supervisor was lazy and didn't deliver are supplies, day porters got in trouble for supplies not getting stocked (paper towels, toilet paper) even though it was not our fault. We ordered supplies but they were never brought. Defender services is no longer at A-B Tech, therefore I wouldn't worry about it. Defender probably isn't a bad employer but one bad supervisor can ruin it for the whole company.
Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAFebruary 13, 2018
It was a fairly easy job for the most part. My fellow employees were not too difficult to get along with. The hours seem static, though. Even though days and hours were supposed to rotate, the same people got the same days off, and the same hours.
Pros
Fairly easy work
Cons
Static hours
Good people.Two company..Merge ended..Presidents not get along
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 18, 2017
This was a two company merge...both presidents..could not agree on major issues...they ended their merge...I accepted other employment enjoyed working in the resort industry..but...no job security..two presents always arguing in front off all employees!!!
Good pay when the work is there, unfairly judged on performance
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2017
The pay is good but hired to many guys so now there is not enough jobs to even get 1 job a day. A job is a call or a clients house that you go to you. If the client goes with the system then your pay for that day can range from 50$ to 3,000$ in one day which is crazy and a large reason why many people give this job a go. So the amount of jobs that you have in a week directly impacts how much you will make. The downside is that the sales team for this company is so obscure and has a do whatever it takes to get us in the door script written for them that often times you are confronted with someone who feel's lied to and deceived by what they were told over the phone. If you do not get a job or call activated or "in the ground" in a clients home this will negatively impact your rating to the company and if it fall's below a certain point they will fire you. So more or less just be very comfortable with having to lie to someone's face the entire time your there then at the end when you reveal everything you have done and what it's going to cost pray that since you have a panel on a wall they don't kick you out.
Pros
good benefits, uncapped pay potential
Cons
the entire companies marketing and over the phone sales team dynamic
Defender
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 14, 2017
good place to work, i learned alot of stuff. got to work with alot of great people. got to experience alot of great work. enjoyed working the shift i worked.
Excellent company to work for.
Project crew / floor and carpet cleaner (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WINovember 26, 2016
Worked with defender services almost 12 years and never had any complaints about the company. This is a great company to work for. Management was always there for you and the jobs were challenging and fun to do. The pay is also good. If you want a nice company to work for apply with defender services. I am still working at Kohler but sadly for a terrible company but hoping for a return of defender services this year.
Pros
Weekly paychecks
Cons
Needed paid holidays
Fun Workplace learned alot
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 24, 2016
Long work days
Reliable workers
Hiring People
Learn a lot
Make the customers happy
doing other job was the hardest part when they didn't come to work
Reputable, established company providing many services.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 18, 2016
I recommend working for this company. The management is flexible and understanding. My manager is tough, but fair. If we have a problem or an issue with anything pertaining to work, she will do everything possible to help us. A typical work day is stressful, but rewarding. You have the opportunity to help the public and the staff of the site you are working at. I have learned to adapt to different jobs and work environments, better teamwork skills, and a few management skills. The hardest part of the job is walking, but I love the work!
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Short breaks and no room for advancement.
Job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, SCOctober 6, 2016
Defender was a good company to work for overall. The process of getting signed up is pretty fast. The employer that Defender staffed me for was ok. The only problem I had was the break policy.

Overall my experience working with Defender was not too bad.
Pros
Nice people to work with.
Cons
Interruption of break for some jobs. Other jobs get full breaks.
low pay
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, SCSeptember 27, 2016
There is way too much work and not enough pay or benefits to work full time. Supervisor can be very strict and comes off as unpleasant. Co-workers are lazy
Good for gaining experience, but not for long-term development
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 24, 2016
Your experience here greatly depends on the department you get assigned to. The pay is low with no upside. Great for entry level experience. Its not a place to stay for long unless working here is your passion.
Pros
plenty of time off, great medical benefits, entry level experience.
Cons
Low pay, no professional upside, no structure
Typical Work Day
Assistant Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCSeptember 8, 2016
A typical work day is stressful
I've learned a lot about payroll and billing
I love my coworkers
Hardest part of the job is watching people leave
Most enjoyable part of the day is break time with friends
Productive and fun work place
Bilingual office manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2016
Very busy environment to work in, as i answer high volume calls while taking in-house applications and staff for our customer needs in a timely manner as well as processing payroll for over 200 employees
Good
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARAugust 5, 2016
I cleaned a lot of machines and scrubbed factory floors. I learned time management skills and team work. The management was lacking in fairness. Most coworkers were good but a few I didn't get along with. Hardest part was Fridays. Most enjoyable part was the paycheck.
Strong and dependable work force
SECURITY GUARD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Valley, ALAugust 1, 2016
Strong management that allows all employees to exceed there full potentials. The company allows a fun working environment while remaining professional.
Pros
fun job
Cons
Healthcare
fun work place
Site Supervisor of maintenance/housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCJuly 21, 2016
good job i work ther for a year. i like it cool place to work good job cowork were grat managment was great all around good job
Decent job but...
Officer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 16, 2016
Its not a bad place to work but there isn't any ability to advance in either pay or rank. You walk rounds, check employee badges in a typical day. Management isnt to bad since they work with you say you need extra days off you get them and they help you make up missed hours.
Pros
mandagement works with you
Cons
the hours aren't enough
This was one of the worst companies I have ever worked for
Tire Sorter (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 6, 2016
The work time wasnt so bad, I work 12 hour rotating shifts that would range from thre days in a row to five day in a row and they would alternate from days to nights every week.

The management team could ahve used alot of work, they were very hard to get along with, they were very demanding and not very people orientated.

There were no kind insurance for the employees and no kind of benefits for the employees either
Productive and hard work.
Janitorial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2016
I enjoy the hours giving a chance to make a decant paycheck. I like the fact that I have friends there and there are no conflicts with the company and employees themselves.
safety
maintenance (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILApril 30, 2016
this job payed okay. just felt like we could be paid more for putting our health in danger most times. i was put into to many accidents that could have been avoided.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
reckless workers