DEFENDERS Employee Reviews

Defenders - a great place to builf
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 14, 2017
Great earning opportunities, positive energy, the concept of "work harder on yourself than you do on your job", andthe suggested reading. Also the training in indy is outstanding!
Make you lie to customer
Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 11, 2017
Mislead customers with false marketing which can cause an uncomfortable experience for customers prior to security system installation.
Basically make employee's lie to the customer and I would reprimand an employee if install ended up canceling or rescheduling, horrible upper management and corporate structure.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Horrible corporate and management structure
Defend what matters
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTDecember 11, 2017
Well appointed compensation, good benefits, company culture, advocacy of personal growth, hands on experience, advancement opportunities, traveling the region, and meeting different people
December 13, 2017

We are called to grow and inspire leaders who love and serve people as DEFENDERS. Appreciate you taking time to share your opinion with others.

The life of a Defender
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 7, 2017
Pay, flexibility, accountability, the room for advancement, the customer experience, great training and trainers, great work environment, and breakfast every Wednesday.
December 13, 2017

Thanks for sharing the good word from Raleigh. At DEFENDERS we are passionate about Self Improvement, Systems are the Solution, Developing Leaders, and an Ever-Expanding Influence.

Great opportunities with headaches attached
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 6, 2017
Defenders culture is great. You will feel like a family with whatever office you get put in. But Defenders heavily believes in micromanaging down till its just annoying. If you were to blink your eyes you would have to update your local manager about the situation whats going on and how you feel about it. Also the companies recruiters say that based off performance you will be supplied a company vehicle which isn't true either. But overall the money you can make from this company allows you to mentally deal with a lot of the problems that the sub par training allows you to have.
December 13, 2017

Thank you for sharing. It is from feedback like yours that we grow and continue to improve as a company.

Horrible management
Sales Technician (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CADecember 6, 2017
if you want a place where the manager is on you none stop micro managing you, not letting you do your own sales, always trying to put you down to give himself some power this is the job for you. Late nights. Customers want to cancel but nope you have to stay there or else its your fualt they cancel. Manager doesnt care if your two hours away and customer is a no show he wants you to wait till night time for the job with the possiblity of not even getting the job in witch means no pay. Will never go back to this unless it had better management. Best decision was to quit
Pros
Good money
Cons
Bad manager, weird paying system
Allowing you to shine
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 6, 2017
As an employee of 5 days, I am delight to have this opportunity. Every person I have come in contact with has been a delight, the positive support and kindness is unlike any I have experienced in the past. I am rejuvenated both physically and mentally at Defenders.
December 13, 2017

“I am rejuvenated both physically and mentally at Defenders.” Wow, that is great! Thank you for sharing and welcome to the DEFENDERS team.

Installer/sales (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 1, 2017
I ended up leaving Defenders after 4 months because of a job offer I couldn’t refuse!
Seemed to me that if you were willing to work hard and be dependable they would take care of you!
I’m writing this review because they continued to pay me earned commissions after I left the company. Almost unheard of in this cutthroat world. I’m very impressed and may end up returning to Defrnders!
Pros
Continued commissions, great benefits
Cons
Long hours, hard to plan around work
December 6, 2017

First off, we wish you all the best! Second, thank you for the compliments. Please follow up and let us know how everything is going. Appreciate you and that you took the time to share you DEFENDERS experience.

Defenders are okay
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 30, 2017
Working for Defenders isn't for everyone. The management is great, the people are fun to talk, and they always want to push you to get better. They have a decent commission plan and they offer a lot in benefits. They even have profit sharing if we are profitable per quarter.
Pros
competitive commissions, benefits, and they give you the tools for success
Cons
use your own car, long hours, days are different everyday
December 6, 2017

You highlight some key points. We grow together as Growth Oriented Learners, Competitive Winners, and Humble Servants. Thank you for sharing your experience.

My work family.
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 30, 2017
Great potential income, company appears to care for their staff, flexible options for time off and or vacation. The branch manager that supervises me is helpful and knowledgeable.
December 6, 2017

Thank you for sharing the DEFENDERS family experience here on Indeed. We appreciate your feedback.

Positive Work Environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 26, 2017
Positive Work Environment
Care about charity and other organizations
Everyone I have met so far has been extremely helpful
People consistently have a smile on their face ..
My trainer is extremely helpful and wonderful, however the training in general is a little bit redundant. I would like it if was a little more hands on.
November 29, 2017

We appreciate you sharing this feedback. If you haven’t had an opportunity to get hands-on, I’m confident you will soon. Please continue to share your experience and thoughts.

A challenge to rate
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 24, 2017
Defenders is one of the best COMPANIES with the best 'intended' cultures, and benefits packages Ive ever worked for. Unfortunately the infancy (20 years) to growth pace has left the company in the unfortunate position of having to promote from within, and with a poor middle management pay structure only mediocre at best candidates apply.
This results in company culture not being well translated, poor management, and very low morale. Due to it being a commission based job, the company's constantly active hiring process has given cause to folks (like myself) leaving very good paying consistent jobs looking to take advantage of all the wonderful perks Defenders has to offer, only to find that due to over hiring, the pay structure suffers a GREAT deal, and fluctuates a LOT. (I went last year from $80k to this year at $50k due to hiring 2 additional people)
All in all the COMPANY is wonderful, but the poor choices in middle management make this a very difficult place to work, and perhaps worse? A place you dont WANT to leave due to its potential to be wonderful.
Pros
Very low work hour requirements, Lots of free time to spend with family, Management to ownership are very kind and generous
Cons
New hires have a TREMENDOUS impact on your income, training outside your first week is very poor
Best company mantra
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 24, 2017
The company mentality is so uplifting everyone is committed to bettering themselves and making a difference in the world from saving lives to changing lives and going on mission work. I simply believe this is a great company to be employed by. Everyone wants to make a lot of money, and many people want to try to make the world a better place. The fact that this company will not encourage but support you in those and many more pursuits what can I say but I feel like this is where I belong.
November 29, 2017

We are glad that DEFENDERS is where you belong. Rember that our four passions are Self Improvement, Systems are the Solution, Developing Leaders, and Ever-Expanding Influence. Thank you for your comments.

Fresh eyes
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CANovember 23, 2017
This company is extremely organized and easy to work with. The fact that Defenders emphasizes working hard on yourself to improve work life is great. Also the explanation that it is a lot of work and will be very hard at times is great for transparency.
November 29, 2017

Businesses Don’t Grow, People Do! Thank you for sharing your fresh eyes with visitors to Indeed. We always appreciate feedback from the team.

Horrible place to work if you have a family.
Security advisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 22, 2017
Commissions are great but don’t expect to ever see your family at this job. They say they are family oriented and try to get you home early but that’s a lie. Rarely do they care. You are expected to sit in the office for four hours waiting for your next job. You don’t know how many jobs you have or where or when they are until the morning of. You could get off one day early then work until 10 pm the next night. You also have to put all the wear and tear on your own car.
Pros
Commissions are good
Cons
Long hours, no time with family, 12 hour days
John R. Thompson, II's Defenders Review
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 21, 2017
Defenders as a whole is just a phenomenal organization that really cares for it's employees. There is a strong comradarie amongst all of us that I don't take for granted. I'm training, you are taught thoroughly, and they don't throw you out to the wolves. Also, the pay is really good.
November 29, 2017

Thank you, John! We appreciate you sharing all of this feedback. Additionally, thanks for contributing to the DEFENDERS family.

The Best Company
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 21, 2017
I get to protect families by installing home alarms. The company cares about their employees by focusing on self improvement and providing us the tools to utilize it. They believe in long term growth and doing what's right for everyone. I love how this company gives back to the community.
November 29, 2017

Wow, such wonderful things! We have the best team members at DEFENDERS who are passionate about being Growth Oriented Learners, Competitive Winners, and Humble Servants. They treat DEFENDERS as THEIR company, and that makes a difference.

You Can Stay, but Not for Long
Sales Technician (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CANovember 17, 2017
This is a company with a very defined corporate culture. They advertise a golden packet to their customers, as well as their employees. Both, with time, realize the company's end-game. After successful, and skillful, persuasion, you either agree to the terms or fervently suffer the consequences. I cannot put into words the injustice I tolerated for a high, weekly, paycheck. You will be under-trained, over-worked, and have the weight of the company's process bear down upon you, with complete disregard to your personal well-being. Although, they do offer a library of self-help books along with a plethora of Culture materials for your success....

In two years, I lost count of how many guys went in and out of our 6-12 person team. I began as the new hire, and I left as the oldest vet there; the only one with experience over a year. They are truly a successful capitalist enterprise.
Pros
New experiences every day, new locations, different people, possible great pay
Cons
highly stressful, horrible business structure, undervalued pay structure, cut throat policies
High pressure, set you up to fail
Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 17, 2017
Worked at defenders for a little over a year. My biggest complaint was the bait and switch tactics they force you to use. They send out these flyers, that are so misleading. "free security system" ....."low monthly rate 27.99"...."free camera"....and leave us to go in and clean up the mess. Sorry about what was offered to you over the phone, but this free security system is going to be $5000.00, and your monthly rate is going to be 58.99.
Pros
Training was good
Cons
Pressure
Best way to better yourself
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 13, 2017
At defenders they really care about how you can improve yourself. I love the fact that they give you the opportunity to help people in need in areas where it is extremely difficult just put a roof over your head.
November 22, 2017

We are called to grow and inspire leaders who love and serve people. Thanks for contributing to the DEFENDERS family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DEFENDERS. Our community is ready to answer.