Play YouTube video button
46Low

DEFENDERS Employee Reviews

United States957 reviews
Featured review
DEFENDERS selected this as a representative review
Defenders is a great place to work.
A great reason to work at Defenders, compared to other companies, is they focus on personal growth. Not only do they focus on the individuals in their company, they also focus on growth of the community with charity work and other outreach programs.
July 19, 2017
Self Improvement is the first of our four passions at DEFENDERS and is part of being a Growth Oriented Learner. Thank you so much for sharing.
be very aware
This company will have you knock a hole in a potential customers wall and screw in a keypad. Then when they don't buy, you take the panel off the wall and leave a big hole in their wall! Folks get very mad about this kind of garbage!
let this be part time only
good for part time only. dont look to .ake this a career. the job itself is easy....all you have to do is stay awake. literally! you're not asked to do nothing else. had issues with my paycheck several times. still dont think I got all the money I worked for. the management leaves a lot to be desired.
May 26, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience working for DEFENDERS. The details that you mentioned are an important part of providing an excellent work environment that we promise and that you deserve. We're sorry you did not get that treatment and felt there was so much room for improvement. We'd like to hear more from you and how we might provide a better work environment. Would you please contact us at coo.office@homedefenders.com?
Good place to start or restart
What you put in you can get back double fold. Great Customer service oriented. New programs and always progressing. Your manager will be there to help you succeed.
May 26, 2020
Hi there! Thank you so much for the positive feedback! People are our advantage here at DEFENDERS, and we strongly encourage our employees to work harder on themselves than they do on their jobs to fully experience this growth. Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback!
Good in theory
The job pumps you up and then tells you to lie as much as possible to get the job, the customers are always told one thing over the phone and you have to correct all of that, in my area was extremely low income and branch struggled but they still wanted us to pitch 8k systems and get kicked out then blamed you for the job going bad when your whole pitch is scripted you don’t get paid if the job doesn’t go in and they also try to take away the little amount of gas they do pay
Pros
Most of the people in your branch will be supportive
Cons
Rm is garbage and rude, jobs rarely go as they should
May 12, 2020
Thanks for sharing the details of your DEFENDERS experience. Integrity is at the core of our business, as well as providing a positive work environment. We will also share this valuable feedback with the Leadership Team. That being said, we'd like to hear more from you and how we might improve. Would you please contact us at coo.office@homedefenders.com?
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Sales pitching alarm/video/smarth home systems to customers.
The cause is noble. But there is too much of a sense of sales over quality. Even if everything you installed works 100 percent but you don't reach your sales quota, its considerably worse than a good salesman with unreliable workmanship.
May 4, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback on the sales experience you had while serving as a member of our DEFENDERS team. Your insight is appreciated and has been shared with our Leadership Team. Would you please contact us at coo.office@homedefenders.com so that we can learn more about your time with us?
Bad job good pay
No training. They just make you ride along with someone that is to busy to show you everything and then throw you out on your own. I couldn't get a Hold of my manager and literally spent a week twiddling my thumbs and lost of pay.
April 24, 2020
Be a hard worker
I enjoyed the job. Wish I could go back but can’t for health reasons. The pay was decent and everyone worked as a team. If you work in Mattoon at Mars Pet care you will feel rewarded.
April 29, 2020
Hi there, We appreciate that you've taken the time to write this review, but we believe you may have done so for the wrong business and we want to make sure they get the recognition they deserve.
Overwhelming micromanagement
I worked for Defenders for 3.5 years. They focus only on profit and flex pays. The idea that everyone is expecting a 27.99 free system but the company wants us to push $8-14,000 dollars to every customer is completely backwards. They emphasize 90% snap and treat you like it's your fault if a customer cancels.
April 21, 2020
Nice work environment
Enjoyed working here, the company is very metric driven. Culture has lacked in the past few years. The company offers fair time to serve others outside the business.
April 17, 2020
Hi there! We aim to provide a positive work environment at DEFENDERS as we realize a healthy environment is key to our employee's successes! We appreciate your constructive feedback, and we're happy to know you found this to be a great place to work!
Nope
They don’t seem to care about there employees at all. They don’t listen to and want to help them. The pay for California employees don’t compare to rest of country. It was nothing like they told me when I was getting hired.
April 16, 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We aim for development and growth for every employee at DEFENDERS and realize this begins with the work environment. We appreciate the detailed information you've provided us with and your feedback will be shared with the Leadership Team. If you'd like to, please feel free to contact us at coo.office@homedefenders.com so that we can learn more from you.
Diversity
They go by the rules at all times no exceptions I love that , I feel if you let employees know from day one the mission and goals within the company, they will stick to them
Pros
Cons
The benefits
April 15, 2020
Hi there! We aim to provide a positive work environment at DEFENDERS as we realize a healthy environment is key to our employee's successes! Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge this with your feedback!
The company is very well at making sure you are comfortable and help you when you need help.
Overall, Defenders is a nice place. People there care for one another and all help each other during hard situations. At Defenders you can be yourself and people won’t judge you.
Pros
People care for you, help you when you need it
Cons
Sometimes people can get caught away from doing there work and doing other things.
April 13, 2020
They speak about family values but just care about the sale not the employees , they have a high turnover rate
Holier then now preaching values but don’t listen to people in the field . Their core value they say is family but all they really care about is the money , not if you have any balance in life , they will work you 16 Hr days and not care about your life
April 9, 2020
Thanks for sharing the details of your DEFENDERS experience. Integrity is at the core of our business, as well as providing a positive work environment. We encourage you to share your feedback on our confidential 24/7 Integrity hotline. That being said, we will also share this valuable feedback with the Leadership Team. We'd like to hear more from you and how we might improve. Would you please contact us at coo.office@homedefenders.com?
Faith based
You get a lot of perks the pay could be a lot higher for all the work that's required managers has their favorites and is not always available the hours are set by tenure
April 7, 2020
Thought it was a great place to work but I was wrong
Horrible company to work for. I worked at the Baltimore branch, the team was very supportive but management is horrible. Starting from the branch manager up, they all feed you lies. Management doesn’t take responsibility for their mess ups causing the employees to sufffer. The company will cheat you out of your hard earned money. The actual Adt employees show you that you are not one of them at any chance they have. I would suggest you stay away from the Baltimore branch(or defenders altogether) and just work for Adt.
April 1, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback on the management experience you had while serving as a member of our DEFENDERS team. Your insight is appreciated and has been shared with our Leadership Team. Would you please contact us at coo.office@homedefenders.com so that we can learn more about your time with us?
Over 1800 comlaints in 2 years by customers to the better business bureau
Lies on top of lies , the foundation of the company is built in lies , they lie to customers just to set appointments then turn on the bait and switch... the weekly meetings are how to overcome the lies ...turnover rate is un heard of... be very careful this company is the devil.
March 30, 2020
Thank you for sharing the details of your DEFENDERS experience. Integrity and trust are at the core of our business, as well as providing a positive work environment. We encourage you to share your feedback on our confidential 24/7 Integrity hotline. That being said, we will also share this valuable feedback with the Leadership Team. We'd like to hear more from you and how we might improve. Would you please contact us at coo.office@homedefenders.com?
Honestly Beware
okay first, the call center manager is amazing, he looks serious but he cares, hes respectful of you and so friendly.
now, when you first get this job you'll think it's easy going, like you're in heaven-- Only for the first training week. They act like it's an easy job and it's forsure sales when in fact, its not. you have to hassel the people calling in. they have second party calling- meaning they have other people patching the customer in to you and they don't tell them what they're doing so you look like the bad guy. people calling (or getting patched through) and cussing you out, as soon as the customer puts they're information in online, they get a call from someone in the company, then they're again patched through to us like we called when sometimes all they want is simple information, we try to sale them. they force you to get multiple nos before you can get off the phone, even before then they force you to send them to a "hero" to try the sale again. its insane lol. The only good thing about this job, other than the call center manager is the first 8 weeks they give you SOMETHING pay wise. the first 2 weeks are livable then after its 100-250$ and hope you start selling. its seriously a joke if you aren't prepared, so hope you are. Oh, if you don't sell enough, you're fired.
March 26, 2020
High-Stress at times, but decent money most days
Working here has taught me a lot of things about security and customer service as well as installation and tool use. You can learn a lot of life skills here, but it's hard to feel like your position is necessary as it is pretty much just a revolving door at this point.
March 24, 2020
Is worked at Defenders and they constantly messed up my pay check.
Working there you are promised to make great money saying avg employee makes 80k a year - that’s a lie it’s more like 25-35 a year. There is a lot of ethical issues with that company promising clients over the phone and then you show up and have to charge them for it. A lot of BS.
March 23, 2020
Sales approach doesnt make sense
Good people, but their sales process is not sustainable. the way they do business is very old school. and the way determine your call ranking is ridiculous. A DNC call would still count against you even though they said you couldnd sell to a DNC. If you couldnt get anyone to qualify for the credit check it would still count against you. Maybe you were lucky and got lots of sales but it was unpredictable. i had one good paycheck and it went down hill.
March 20, 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We aim for development and growth for every employee at DEFENDERS and realize this begins with cutting edge business tactics. We appreciate the detailed information you've provided us with and your feedback will be shared with the Leadership Team. If you'd like to, please feel free to contact us at coo.office@homedefenders.com so that we can learn more from you.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at DEFENDERS. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.7Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight