DEFENDERS Employee Reviews

Great company with great pay for those with great work ethic.
Security advisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 21, 2018
Amazing training, sales support and great management, team building. Great pay if you are willing to work long hours! Great culture as well. Keep up the good work. I am very impressed with the level of support for me and my peers. Happy to have great tools at my disposal in the field.
SECURTY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29229September 18, 2018
I patrolled property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspected buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting an employee to enter only with proper Id.
Pros
Quite
Cons
3Rd shift
September 19, 2018

Based on your job title and location, we are not sure that you worked for DEFENDERS. But thank you for taking the time to write a review! We wish you the best.

Sales job
SALES (Former Employee) –  Newport, KYSeptember 17, 2018
Selling ADT security systems, having fun with friends, meeting sales goals, flexible hours, convenient location, personal and commercial, comfortable environment
September 18, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback! At DEFENDERS we invest in you because we know that when you succeed, we all win!

fun and great place to work at the people are awesome!
Customer care, tech support (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 17, 2018
days at work are busy and go by fast, I learned about customer care and different ways to help the customer, management are nice and friendly, workplace culture is huge, the hardest part of the job is taking the good with the bad. the people I work with and the conventions are the best part of the job.
Pros
nice friendly people to work for and with and free lunches
Cons
breaks you have to ask to have, no up coming in the company.
September 18, 2018

At DEFENDERS it is our Mission to make sure bad things don't happen to good people. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Big scam
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 16, 2018
Big scam, the customer service and selling deparment is the worst thing that I ever seeing in my life. They dont care about security only sale sale sale.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
If you have a cancel is your fult, No matter what
September 19, 2018

At DEFENDERS we are a team of Humble Servants, and we are called to grow and inspire leaders who love and serve people. It is our aim to help advise families to thoroughly protect their homes. We are very sorry to hear you are unhappy with other departments within the company. We encourage you to share your concerns with your manager. We also offer a confidential Integrity Hotline where you can report any concerns or violations of company policy. Thank you for your feedback.

Your hired doesnt really mean your HIRED
Sales Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 12, 2018
I applied at defenders in raleigh seemed like an awesome company! I went through the whole process and got hired reported for my first day everything was great until I got home and I got a call saying they weren't moving forward with me (unaware of the reason why) something pertaining to my driving record i guess because i have no criminal history at all. The problem is i have a family and i resigned from my job a couple days before thinking i have a secured job. I just wish they wouldve told me no from the beginning they still havent paid me for the training that day! I hope the CEO sees this because they really made him look bad with this experience
Pros
no pros
Cons
everything above is the cons
September 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We will absolutely share this with DEFENDERS leadership. We are really sorry to hear about your experience, but we learn and improve through feedback like yours. We wish you the best.

Great place to build a career.
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CASeptember 12, 2018
The ability to write your own paycheck. Honesty and Integrity within ADT is #1 and well recognized. A solid company to build a career with. Be involved with your teams and stay a true leader. Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
September 13, 2018

At DEFENDERS we are passionate about developing leaders. Thank you for the feedback!

Opportunities
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 10, 2018
The best reason to work at defenders are the learning opportunities, a great work life balance, flexibility in my hours and sometimes being able to work from home, and co-workers
September 11, 2018

Thank you for the feedback! At DEFENDERS we are passionate about Self-Improvement, and that starts with our award-winning training and Culture Day. When you grow, we all win!

new love defend help people stay safe
Sales Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Newport, KYSeptember 10, 2018
great company love the staff learning structure bonus incentives fun environment friendly staff in a great location easy to get to from anywhere ……...
September 11, 2018

At DEFENDERS we have a culture on purpose centered around our amazing people. We believe you should work harder on yourself than you do on your job. Because when you grow, we all grow with you. Thank you for your feedback!

My experience with Defenders
Security Advisor/installer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 7, 2018
I would activate my route every morning at 5 am, I would be on call until 3 pm 5 days a week. Occasionally, I would have 1 job a day. I was 1 of 2 females that worked for Defenders in the state of Florida. Solo female in a male dominated work place, where jobs were designated unfairly. I have worked for several companies and with my experiences I have never worked in an environment that lacks advancements with job quality. The hardest part of the job was installing late into the evening hours. The most enjoyable part of my job, was securing a family and making sure they were safe.
September 11, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience. At DEFENDERS we are called to grow leaders, but clearly you feel we missed the mark. We learn and grow through feedback like yours, so thank you for sharing. We wish you the best.

Want to know more about DEFENDERS?

Ask a question
Unethical
Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 6, 2018
Company manipulates customers and employees. No balance between home and work life. New commission pay structure is unbalanced and ridiculous. New structure transpired Nov. 2017.
September 11, 2018

We are truly sorry to hear about your experience. At DEFENDERS we know our strength is our people—because businesses don’t grow, people do. Thank you for sharing. We wish you the best.

It was a job
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILSeptember 6, 2018
I had a good time learning and cleaning. that's what I was doing there it got stressful at times when a big spill had happened, but got it cleaned up and went to the next task at hand.
Pros
Met new people
Cons
Long hours on feet
September 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. However, based on your job title and location, we are not sure that you worked for DEFENDERS. We wish you the best in all of your endeavors!

Fellow employees all very nice.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 5, 2018
Make outbound calls as well take inbound calls from customers wanting to purchase security equipment. Follow up on all sales to assure customer are satisfied.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Long Hours
Building your self to do better
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 20, 2018
I just recently became employed with defenders and so far it's like no other employer I've worked for. The culture here is definitely something to be proud of. We are offering more then just security and safety, but also providing a helping hand to those who need it.
August 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. At DEFENDERS we are a team of humble servants. Team members are encouraged to take paid Giving Days off to volunteer in the community, and we also give back by building homes in Mexico and the Dominican Republic. We know that when we serve together, we grow and build relationships together. Thank you for growing with us!

Positive
Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 19, 2018
The culture of the company is great. I feel like the company not only wants me to succeed but will do what they can to help me do so. You also get to help other people, whether it be through your job or through one of the many programs Defenders offers its employees to participate in.
August 21, 2018

At DEFENDERS we have a “culture on purpose.” We strive to live our Core Values as Growth-Oriented Learners, Competitive Winners, and Humble Servants. We want you to work harder on yourself than you do on your job because when you grow, we all win. Thank you for your feedback.

A good review!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 15, 2018
They care about their employees, and seem like they're very goal oriented. They seem to care for people being successful, and I'm hoping that this is the start of something great.

Comment – August 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! At DEFENDERS we are a team of Growth-Oriented Learners focused on Self-Improvement. We are invested in your personal success because we know that when you succeed, we all succeed.

Great company to work for
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 10, 2018
In the 18+ months I've worked with Defender Security, I can truthfully say that they, overall, are the best company I've ever worked for. I've had none of the problems that I had while employed by Bald Eagle, such as pay problems. AND....if i do have any problems (work-related, pay, etc..), they have an open-door policy.
August 14, 2018

At DEFENDERS we are passionate about self-improvement, both on an individual level and as a company. Feedback like this helps to provide opportunities for growth and inspiration. Thank you.

Great Place to Work
Talent Attraction (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 10, 2018
Culture drive organization focused around enhancing your life as well as the lives of others. Very positive and collaborative work environment. Lots of tools and resources to leverage to build an effective career and also become a better more well rounded individual in your personal life too.
August 14, 2018

At DEFENDERS we invest in you and your growth—because when you grow, everyone wins! Thank you for the feedback.

Amazing Environment!
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fishkill, NYAugust 9, 2018
The culture, team, process, and enthusiasm. It is almost impossible to not enjoy going to work. everyone is very supportive here. Keep up the hard work! I feel very supported here. I appreciate the feeling of worth here. I hope to be here a long time.
August 14, 2018

At DEFENDERS we know that our people are our advantage, because “Businesses don’t grow, people do!” We look forward to seeing you grow. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

don't waste your time
Security advisor (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, NJAugust 9, 2018
recruiter tells you you are going to make $ 100 per installation plus commission and that you get to installs a day. This is a lie. You get a name and an address you have to go and sell ADT security if you get to install you get the $100 plus commission on whatever you sale. Customer don't know that they have to spend money because the people on the phone that takes their order don't mention that they only get 2 sensor a motion and a key fob plus the panel. if you dont sell enough you don't get a second job or if the customer cancels it counts against you no to say that you don't get any money for the time and afford that you put in.
Pros
if make a good sale you can tae home over $500 in 5 hours or less
Cons
No all the time you have sells
August 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. At DEFENDERS it is our mission to make sure bad things don’t happen to good people. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We strive to treat all of our customers with respect and honesty. We encourage you to speak with your supervisor if you have any questions or concerns. Remember to trust the system. And follow your standard operating procedures!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DEFENDERS. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

3.4Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight