DEFENDERS Employee Reviews

Terrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 16, 2019
The only way to get ahead is to have a relative on the board. Upper management is completely incompetent. If your Aunt is on the board you wouldn't have a job. Sad way to run a company.
Pros
Cons
You name it - they've done it to someone
January 18, 2019

At DEFENDERS we recruit and promote people who live our Core Values of Growth-Oriented Learners, Competitive Winners, and Humble Servants. We strongly believe that our advantage is our people. For those interested in advancement opportunities, sitting down with your supervisor for a conversation is always a great place to start. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Good
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 15, 2019
The culture and time spent on employees. Gives you a very good feel to work here and expands our mindset. Spend more one on one time. Lots of time in training was to everyone and not asked if we understood
January 18, 2019

At DEFENDERS we have a culture on purpose--centered around our team members and their growth. After all, businesses don't grow, people! Thank you for sharing your feedback. We will share your suggestions with our Leadership Team.

Great people
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 15, 2019
The company is very caring and helps great causes. Management is motivating and very helpful. Great culture and motivating atmosphere. If there is some way to let the security advisors know jobs more in advance. Give new hires more info and a schedule for what to expect in Indianapolis.
January 16, 2019

Thank you for the positive feedback! At DEFENDERS we are passionate about growing leaders who love and serve people. We will share your suggestions with our Leadership Team.

Great!Best company to work for.
Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 15, 2019
Great work environment, company truly takes care of their employees...…….. The culture of the company is to make employees better employees...……….……..
January 16, 2019

At DEFENDERS we encourage you to work harder on yourself than you do on your job. When you grow, we all win! Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Great Place
Security Collections Agent ǁ (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46240January 15, 2019
I love the atmosphere at work. I truly enjoy my coworkers. I also love that the company is huge on giving back. We get 32 hours PAID per year to volunteer. They also match donations. Last December , we got basically a free $350 to donate to any charity of our choice.
Pros
occasional free lunch
Cons
no grace period, no excused absences
January 16, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. At DEFENDERS we are proud to be not only a giving company--but a company of givers!

Unreasonable Hours
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2019
The job was decent and the compensation was fair, but as someone interested in hobbies and family outside of work, it became very difficult due to having to constantly be on call until late in the afternoon. Furthermore, daily job details are not released until 5 am every day, so there is no way to plan ahead for anything unless you request off a week in advance. Vacation days are few, I've been with the company for almost a year and not only do vacation days not rollover, but you get < 1 per month.
January 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. At DEFENDERS we know a good work/life balance is necessary. We will share your thoughts with our Leadership Team.

Not a good job to start in Sales
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 14, 2019
This is not a good job if this is your first job in sales. They require a lot of work for not a lot of guaranteed pay. Never sure if you are going to have any work in a day
Pros
You can make good money if you get lucky
Cons
no guarantee in pay
January 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. At DEFENDERS we are a team of Competitive Winners.

Productive & fun environment to work in.
Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 7, 2019
Defenders is a great career to be in. The nuances that accompany every occupation is there, however, it is the best employment I have ever had. Customers lean toward your expertise in performing the job. They feed you and tip you; they even recommend you to family and friends. Defenders afford you the opportunity to travel and network by proxy of job assignments.
One heck of a way to support your family; definitely no lack thereof. Your income depends on your ability to represent the company and product.
Pros
Great income
Cons
Must learn your craft or starve
January 8, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. At DEFENDERS it is our Mission to make sure bad things don't happen to good people.

Laid back
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 4, 2019
While working at Defender, it was a very laid back environment. The department that I worked in, was a small team. Where everyone worked well together.
January 7, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. At DEFENDERS we are a team of Growth-Oriented Learners, Competitive Winners, and Humble Servants!

Good First Job
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 27, 2018
Defenders taught me a lot, it taught me how to manage my time, other employees and how hard it is to be successful in a sales first job.It taught me the inter workings of a team.
Pros
Vacation Time, charitable events, and Salary
Cons
Long hours no work life balance
December 28, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. At DEFENDERS we are committed to you and your personal growth. It is our passion to grow leaders who love and serve people!

Workable hours
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 19, 2018
Working at Defender had a modern call center experience. The employees were really knowledgeable in the training process. With understanding supervisors.
December 20, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. At DEFENDERS we know that businesses don't grow, people do--this is why we invest so much in our award-winning training program.

The pay is good but takes a lot of your time.
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78228December 13, 2018
It all depends on who you get as a customer and what they can afford. It is a commission job and you can spend hours trying to close a sale and get paid nothing, but in the upside if you can close large deals you can make some serious money.
Pros
high pay
Cons
too many variables that affect your pay that's out of your control.
December 19, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. At DEFENDERS we are a team of Humble Servants, Competitive Winners, and Growth-Oriented Learners.

Happy to be working here
Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLDecember 12, 2018
Quality training, never same day experience, paid training, quality team members, enjoy driving, healthy work life balance , benefits offered plus 401k match
December 19, 2018

At DEFENDERS we know our strength is our people. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I enjoy protecting people's lives!!!
Sales Tech (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJDecember 12, 2018
I think I made the right choice taking the step working for Defender. I am still learning new things on my new role as a Sales Advisor. I am very optimist that I will do well with Defender. Love the culture my manager and team mates and most importantly I love protecting people's lives.
December 14, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. At DEFENDERS it is our Mission to make sure bad things don't happen to good people!

December 12, 2018

At DEFENDERS it is our Mission to make sure bad things don't happen to good people! Thank you for sharing your feedback.

honest
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 12, 2018
The environment is incredible; i love the positive atmosphere, and how what you see is what you get. If you like becoming a better person than this is the job for you.
December 14, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. At DEFENDERS we know our strength is our people. You are why we have a winning culture!

December 12, 2018

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback! At DEFENDERS we ask that you work harder on yourself than you do on your job. When you grow, we all win! Remember: Focus = Growth!

Provided excellent sales and technical training with new experiences each day.
Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 11, 2018
This company is a mainly commission based job which includes onsite sales and technical duties. Provided by the company are certain tools for technical purposes and a tablet to identify customer and job information. A typical day at work would start at 6:30am for a morning meeting and equipment pick-up. The tablet would provide daily information on the customer, the equipment needed to complete the job and route information. There was an average of workload was two install jobs daily (4-6 hrs. each), and a service (30 mins-2hrs.). The route to site could range 2hrs. travel from the office. On-site there is an initial meet and greet with the customer. At this point an explanation of what was going to be done in the home was given. Then a thorough walk through of the home was done to advise on the best security for the home. After identifying the security needs the next step in the process would be to up sale the customer based on those needs. After an agreement was made a full install was completed. The toughest part of the job was not having the adequate resources to complete the job such as cell signal in particular on-site areas. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new customers each day.
December 14, 2018

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback. At DEFENDERS we are a team of Growth-Oriented Learners, Competitive Winners, and Humble Servants.

December 12, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback--we will share your thoughts with our Leadership Team.

cool place to work, cut throat about numbers, if ever you are on low for more than a week quit
Inbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Newport, KYDecember 10, 2018
Defenders is a very fun and exciting work environment, everyone is upbeat and all working towards a common goal. only issue is they ding you for calls that are beyond your control via old lady with wrong number, current customer calling because alarm is going off, person forwarded through by there cable company who was told they'd get a % off of their cable bill if they listen to a promotion, ect. One thing I must say though is that the pay is second to none when it comes to sales. If you can handle the constant pressure of managers listening managing and correcting your every word then the place can definitely be financially beneficial to you.
Pros
free lunches, nice comp
Cons
stressful, low equals quit
December 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We will share your feedback with our Leadership Team.

Great Place to work
Functional/Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 9, 2018
They value their employees. For certain positions like Sales it was a great place to work. I don't think they value their IT personnel as much as they should.
December 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We know our strength is our people!

Not what I thought
FORMER Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 9, 2018
Well I was let go from this company on Saturday. While I enjoyed my coworkers and they were all willing to help. I found I was dead to the world when I came home and even started suffering from exhaustion. Training was great in parts and I even enjoyed the company. What I didn't enjoy was a manager constantly calling and fussing at me while I was in a customer's home. Forget how much rapport you build you must sell them a lot more equipment and higher MMR then they were told. And there was no reprecussion for using foul language in the customer's home. Even the managers do it.
Pros
See new Places, team work
Cons
Manager would not approve reimbursement for training travel (even though it's policy)
December 14, 2018

At DEFENDERS we strive to treat our customers and team members with respect and integrity. The behaviors you have described are not in line with our values. Thank you for sharing your feedback--we will share this with our Leadership Team.

laid back relaxed place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fruitland, MODecember 9, 2018
working here is super laid back and the managers work with your schedule if you need to request off. Your co workers really get involved and show you the way to do things and take their time with you
Pros
paid breaks
December 11, 2018

At DEFENDERS we ask that you work harder on yourself than you do on your job. Thank you for sharing your feedback--and for being part of a winning team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DEFENDERS. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight