DEFENDERS Employee Reviews

The perfect match between employee & company.
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 20, 2018
Phenomenal personal development program with leadership advancement opportunities. Exciting environment and a focus on doing the right things consistently. Wonderful company.
excellent
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2018
The culture, the massive amount of available resources to be the best version of myself. The positive vibes and great support all around from the team. Everythjng really.Honestly, this is one best manager have ever interacted with. So I don't have any advice other then to continue as you were
Great at first.
Securtiy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 18, 2018
Defenders is the definition of a bait and switch.
Sales dept. turn over rate is 110%, that's who is setting up your installs. They will lie to the point of embarrassment when you have to show up in person. Basically tell someone anything to get you in the door.
The logistics team couldn't read a map to find their way out their own front door. Holds the technician accountable for any cancel within a delivery window including no shows, or anyone who called in to cancel prior to the date or time of install and it never was removed from your route. Out of your control, but it's your fault.

Techs are rated A, B, C, D. Not by the quality of work and skill set, but by the amount of revenue they generate. ie: You have a technician that can't even install a battery in a flashlight that's an A tech because his revenue was higher.

They preach "protect these families"...... but rob them blind.

Kiss your auto goodbye~ I put close to 60k miles on my vehicle in a little over a year. They do pay mileage though.

If you're looking for a job that you can make good money at, but have absolutely no life balance, and you have no ethics or moral compass, this job is for you~ The pay is great.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Ethics, Management
New excited employee
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Florida, MOJuly 17, 2018
Honestly ive been here only a few weeks and the environment and positivity really makes you optimistic and excited to start working here and see so much opportunity to grow within the company and make a careerout of this
heres to a new career
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2018
Everyone has been genuinely kind and helpful, really making me feel like family. I feel as if they truly want me to acomplish my goals and will do anything possible to help.
Great company
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Idaho, OHJuly 11, 2018
The culture is amazing. Very friendly and inspirational enviroment, feels more like a family then a business. Company genuinely cares about there employees and customers. I have only been with company about two months but could definitely see myself making a career here at Defenders.
good people
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston MAJuly 10, 2018
Not enough employees to cover work load. You were working six days a week fourteen hours a day and there was no hourly compensation. If customer decided they did not want product 30 days later you lost your pay.
Pros
Free breakfast on Wednesday inventory day.
Cons
to many hours.
Defenders welcome intro
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 9, 2018
The availability that the staff addresses to the new hires is highly visible, also why they are different in what they do is what makes all the difference for the people they serve
A company that truly invests in their employees!
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 8, 2018
The continuous investment in all facets of the job, company and personal life for their employees as well as multiple benefits they offer to better yourself professionally and personally - for free!
You will be highly trained in the Bait and Switch
Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAJuly 8, 2018
Great place to work if you have no morals or soul. They train you extensively to lie or omit information or avoid questions from customers in order to do the old bait n switch. Lots of money can be made but you will never be home even though they make promises of a great work/family time balance. If you dont make the number quotas by deceptive sales practices, you're out the door.
Extreme amounts of driving your own vehicle, customers constantly cussing and unhappy because of bait and switch sale techniques and high pressure sales

There are hundreds if not thousands of reviews online from customers AND employees. Research yourself and watch the horror unfold.
Pros
money can be made
Cons
Zero family life, long hours, high pressure

Want to know more about DEFENDERS?

Ask a question
They Walk the Talk of both
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 7, 2018
The supportive culture is one of most important reasons to work for this company.
Culture Day sets the groundwork for that positive outlook and the structured, well thoughtout corporate training and Quick Start are also a key.
I have been involved in FORTUNE 50 company training programs and this is as good as many of those programs.
Trainers and corporate personnel are patient and well educated on how to work with the onboarding of new hires
How and why I love working at Defenders so far.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2018
Having a company that wants to better me as a person. I also appreciate that are all willing to help me if I need it or even when I dont think I do. I have never worked for a company who actually cares about their employess as much as I have seen the managers at Defenders. Everyone, so far, as told me how much they love their job.
Defenders changing your life thru self empowering chalanges
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 4, 2018
CULTURE! !!!!!!
SELF EMPOWERMENT!!!!!
LIFE CHANGING CHALANGES! !!!!
AVERAGE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!
If you are looking for a life changing experience, and are committed to improving yourself this is thr place for you.
Defenders is a great place to work. We're helping people
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 4, 2018
I like what Defenders stands by - " We make sure bad things don't happen to good people". That's is something that I can support and appreciate.
My week in Indy was excellent. Culture day was very informative and encouraging. The rest of the week was outstanding. The hands on training
with the panel installation and programming was well done. The instructor's did an awesome job. One of the best reasons to work at Defenders is
that we have an opportunity help families secure their homes and make them safe, as well.
Great company
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 3, 2018
Overall, Defenders is a great company to work for. There are 4 main areas to work in...Headquarters, Sales, Customer Care and Field Services. HQ offers the best work/life balance, with regular office hours and the ability to work from home.

Customer Care has an incredible culture, the director works very hard to create a fun, engaged environment every day.

Sales and Field Services are where the money is...but you have to work for it. The Sales center is open 24/7, and techs have to travel a decent amount so work/life balance isn't quite as easy.

Defenders offers great on-boarding training programs for every department and the benefits are very competitive. They believe strongly in giving back, both locally and globally.

There is a lot of room for advancement, however there is a tendency to pick and choose favorites over actual performers and the ongoing training is lacking.
Pros
Culture, Training
Cons
Commission only, work/life balance
Company has closed down
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Sunman, INJune 29, 2018
I don’t have much to say about this job because I wasn’t there very long and I was released because of medical emergencies during my probationary period. The company no longer exists where I was.
High Performing Environment
Director of Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2018
I see the opportunity to pursue challenging work and be part of a high-performing team. Strong corporate culture with a focus on personal growth and professional development.
Fun Company to Work for
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 25, 2018
A typical day at work would be taking a high volume of inbound calls. I've learned that taking care of the customer and resolving their issues on the first phone call is vital for good customer service. The culture in the workplace is excellent. Defenders was very family orientated. The hardest part of the job is dealing with disgruntled customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is being apart of a "family".
Pros
catered lunches, caring managers
Cons
strict attendance policy
Sad
Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 24, 2018
Culture is to deceive customer with wish and prayer the customer does not cancel. Management allows techs to openly deceive customers to keep their numbers up and they are rewarded with pay and best opportunities, but preach caring for the customer. This company is a shame with false prophets.
Pros
Cons
Defenders
Good Company & Good People
Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 17, 2018
Work long hours, travel within a huge radius & never know what to expect regarding productivity. Good company & good people. Great opportunity for the person not looking for family/work life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DEFENDERS. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight