Defense Engineering, Inc. Employee Reviews

Enjoyed Working There
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 29, 2018
Good Company, they support growth and training for the staff that work there. They also care about their associates, their families and balancing work and home life. After several years, I have nothing bad to say about DEI. Government Contracting is what it is, when new opportunities are won they work with the staff to grow into new positions and when they are lost they try to cover where they can.
Pros
Great People, Big Family, Good Pay
Cons
Enjoyed the Team enviroment.
VoIP Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 18, 2018
Great place to work. Very supportive HR team. Direct supervisor was a pleasure to work for and follow. Great hours and a relaxed dress code. Often given time off without it counting against our balance.
Excellent
Senior Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VANovember 27, 2017
I’ve really enjoyed working for this company. It’s an excellent environment. Everyone is professional, kind and gracious. Its an excellent place to work
Poor Management
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VANovember 3, 2017
Corporate leadership is weak and ultimately ruining what used to be a very good company. Middle and senior management do not communicate well and lack developmental programs or mentorship
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Executive Leadership and communication with little to no mentorship or development
Moving Backwards
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 27, 2015
Huge discrepancy with internal equity and no clear path of sight concerning corporate initiatives besides getting new business and the bottom line. Left in dark concerning direction of the company and future growth. Experiencing extreme growing pains as the company moves from small to large. Corporate staff is more focused on the bureaucratic ways of the olden times instead of setting DEI apart and developing talent. Micromanagement runs rampant. Was once run as a family oriented business but those at the helm are choking the organizational culture, there is little left. There is no advocate for the employee. Work-life balance non-existent.
Pros
elework opportunities as permitted. Technologically advanced. Good benefits that are affordable, despite changing yearly. Program on-site employees highly regarded and treated very well.
Cons
Turnover, Micromanagement, Lack of organizational culture
Serious internal issues
Engineer (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 29, 2015
The company has serious issues with compensating employees for work done outside of your job description. You are constantly being asked to perform duties that don't pertain to your job description and when you inquire about compensation, you are continuously given the runaround. They are quickly developing a negative image in the contracting world because of their lack of structure and knowledge. I understand that companies go through growing pains, but there is a point in which things become ridiculous. Also some individuals are underpaid, while others are overpaid.
Great Company
Senior Voice Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 14, 2014
They took good care of me and the benefits were awesome. They went to bat for me when negotiating my pay. They offer a really competitive 401K plan and were willing to pay for me to attend Cisco Live in San Diego, CA. Really nice people to work with.
Pros
Continuing education benefits
Cons
none found
Embarrassing Place to Work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 26, 2014
The culture of this company is antiquated with inflated egos poorly managing the staff. I question their ability to obtain or maintain government contracts. There is poor knowledge of the contracting world among management and compensation and business etiquette is poor. This is a horrible place to work and I strongly advise anyone applying for a job here to find a more established business.
Laid back
Logistics Analyst/Space and Move Management (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 13, 2013
Defense Engineering Inc. (DEI) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia.Very small company. We specialize in modernizing information technology systems by re-engineering existing systems to harness the full power of emerging technologies and proven innovations to serve the business needs of our customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Defense Engineering, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Defense Engineering, Inc. Reviews by Location