Defense Point Security Employee Reviews

Great Culture
Tier3/Threat Intelligence Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 23, 2018
Management is easy to talk to and willing to work with you regarding any circumstance, whether its family related or career advancement. I would recommend this company.
Overworked
Splunk Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 7, 2018
You have a lot of learning opportunities, but they will keep piling the work on without providing much assistance. Most of my team complains of feeling taken advantage of.
Pros
Smart people
Cons
work/life balance and endless gossip
productive team, great collaborations.
System Admin (LINUX/SPLUNK) (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 9, 2017
A great job, tons of resources, and decent connectivity. However they're were some times that I felt out of synch with the company, although it could be because i normally work at physical site and DPS was remote.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
lots of push backs
Fun, Respectful, Appreciate Company
Network & Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 3, 2016
I was excited to take on this role because DPS was voted best place to work in VA for the last 3 years, and boy do I know why now. The atmosphere in the offices is amazing - they all treat me like family, everyone is so warm to each other, it's fun (pool table, corn hole, and hover boards), and growth is encouraged. The company pays for certifications and offers the best benefits: insurance with premiums paid by the company, they'll help pay for your phone bill and internet bill, 10 paid holidays, paid time off, etc.
I'm very junior-level, but I feel respected by everyone, including the chief officers who I get to work closely with because it's a medium-sized company.
Bottom line: DPS is fun, family-oriented, encourages growth, collaborative, respectful, and APPRECIATIVE of their employees. Do yourself a favor: look up the company and find out for yourself.
Pros
Insurance premiums paid for by DPS, flexible work schedule, fun atmosphere, DPS pays for certifications, free snacks, etc
Awesome Company!
Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 4, 2016
Working for Defense Point Security has allowed me to achieve my career goals while having a great work environment. The management really cares about the companies employees and will do anything they can to keep us happy.
Pros
Great benefits, great company atmosphere
Cons
Not enough annual leave
Working at DPS has been a career-making move for me
Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 4, 2016
DPS is a special place to work: management really cares about your career path and works alongside you to enhance your growth.

Being exclusively a cybersecurity provider means that there are a lot of very smart and experienced cybersecurity professionals at all levels of the company. Best of all, they are willing to share knowledge and experiences with everyone else in the company. There is no better place to learn and enhance your skills, which is part of the reason DPS is growing very fast.
Pros
Fun office environment, Great people, Managers who care
Cons
Commuting in DC area!
Fantastic and meaningful workplace
Principal Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 22, 2014
DPS provides great support to its employees in making them succeed every day, as well as incentivizing growth.

Their focus on being a dedicated information security company means that I'm always able interact in depth with my co-workers and enjoy exchanging thoughts and ideas across the company.

Because of the caliber of employees brought on, we get to do interesting security work with great tools and technology -- which is a nice change of pace from previous types of work and contracts at larger, more generalized, contracting companies.
Pros
Great benefits and compensation, genuinely tight-knit group of employees, sober but fun corporate culture
Cons
Work is regional to MD/VA/DC
Defense Point is a rated #1 in VA for Small business
Director of Information Security/DC2 ISSO (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 17, 2014
DPS is different than any other company I have ever worked with. They do a lot of work for their employees and put a focus on their growth and satisfaction. DPS provides amazing benefits, and constantly looking for better ways to improve the experience. DPS has many ways to get the employees involved, such as certification study groups, a fellows program, as well as parties and get together through the years. I have extremely enjoyed my time with DPS.
Pros
Benefits, employee activity
Great place to work.
Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Springfield VAFebruary 15, 2014
This is a great company to work with.

You get a lot benefits with this company. One thing I do like about this company is they hire you for career not per contract. You will find very few places that will do that for you in the area.

Other companies that I have contacted and talked to other workers about don't even offer a tenth of what this company gives to their workers.

Again a great company to work with.
Pros
Great benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Defense Point Security. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6