Deibel Laboratories Employee Reviews

Great people, active work
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 25, 2018
Since you're always on your feet, this is a great job for someone who doesn't want to work at a desk all day. You get to learn a lot but also gain a lot of responsibility quickly. The hardest part is not knowing when you'll be done for the day. Most days are fine but we definitely have 12-13 hour days when we get a lot of stuff. I still don't usually work more than 45 hours a week. The people are one of the best parts- they always have a smile and a hello. The benefits are awesome, especially if you have a family.
Pros
Healthcare, "work family", flexibility
Cons
Unpredictable work hours
Just a sad place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 7, 2017
There is not much positive to say about working here. Expect very low pay, no time off, holiday work and an utterly discouraging work atmosphere. Don't work here if you can.
Deibel Labs is garbage
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 5, 2017
Do not work here. Multiple OSHA violations at any given moment, the nastiest managers, the saddest workers, the messiest, hottest, grossest lab I've ever seen. All for 60+ hours a week. These people should be ashamed.
Cons
Great start to those fresh out of college or looking to begin their Micro career.
Technician III (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 23, 2016
Great place to start. Hands on work with experienced and wonderful mentors. Small staff (4-6) but great work environment. When the work is finished, go home. Flexible scheduling and challenging projects. I was employed for 4 years and wanted to move up the company ladder but corporate didn't have the ability to promote. After 3.5 years and starting from nothing to basically managing, I only received $1 raise. I loved my job and never had a day I didn't want to come to work, I just wanted more.
Pros
Great managers, good hours, perfect for science geeks.
Cons
No raises/No promotions
Alright Place
Microbiologist (Current Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILAugust 28, 2016
This is a good place to work right after college, but should move on. You learn a lot, but also not learn much after the first few months. Very repetitive but good experience!
DO NOT work here if you don't have to!
Lab Tech II (Former Employee) –  bethlehem, paMarch 26, 2015
The ONLY good thing I can say about this place is, they offer 100% paid benefits. Everything else is horrible. Management is a joke, they handle absolutely nothing, they do not like confrontation so it is usually up to the employees to hash it out. Management has no idea what goes on in the lab, and are usually off in their office shopping online. Raises? HAHA! That's a good one, no semi-annual, or annual reviews. Maybe, if you get on the good side you might get fifteen cents. There is no room for advancement. The lab itself if pretty dirty, there is mold growing all over the lab. Instead of dealing with the issue, they just "don't count" certain colonies on customers plates, because they call them contamination. Very bad work environment!!! It is a push everything under the rug kind of place.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
everything else
Horrible
Microbiologist/Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint LouisMarch 30, 2014
This is one of the worst places to work. They have absolutely no idea how to run a business. They do not support their employees nor do anything required by law within an appropriate amount of time.
Cons
Possibly the worst job I've ever had
Microbiology Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILMay 9, 2012
Nepotism and cronyism abound in this lab. If you're friends with the owner, you'll go far. If not, seek other employment.
Nearly every employee in the lab (which is old and pretty gross) is constantly seeking other employment.
Job requires a degree in the sciences, but it's not necessary to perform the work.
Management is unfair with division of labor, e.g. girls and friends get the easy work, guys get the grunt work, that sort of thing.
Absolutely no room for advancement or pay increase. No annual review or anything of the sort. Your starting salary is what you get.
Co-workers are mostly fun and youthful. Lots of goofing around and jokes. But everyone is pretty miserable concerning the company.
HR for the whole company is one lady. Oh, and she's also a manager.
I learned to always tour the lab first and talk to other workers before accepting an offer.
Hardest part of the job was taking the unfair and underhanded treatment received by the management/company. e.g. They have varying days to end the work week and thus avoid paying overtime.
They will ask you to hide test results from clients and are under constant scrutiny from the FDA for failing audits.
They are very lax with scheduling, so if you need a day off you can usually get it.
Pros
free health insurance, easy to get days off
Cons
everything else
The worst company I ever worked for.
Microbiology Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 10, 2012
They don't pay you. I am currently working at 30% BELOW the median for the job field. There is no opportunity for advancement. The company treats you like you don't even have a high school diploma. Management is completely untrained and inexperienced. It feels like working with a bunch of children. There are a few good coworkers, thats about the only good aspect of the job. This job is ok for a recent college grad with no experience, but look to leave after a year.
Cons
unpaid breaks, long hours on weekends, no raises what so ever, senority means nothing to management.