DeKalb County, GA Employee Reviews

Very productive place to work
DEPUTY CLERK (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GADecember 13, 2018
Must enjoy learning about the laws in GA. And working on a computer typing all day. The job is very repetitive but once you get the hang of it, it is easy.
fast paced
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 11, 2018
You have to enjoy working with people..fast paced environmment==typical day-answering phones, taking messages, servicing customers, proving permits, collections and problem solving techniques
Pros
worked for the gpvernment-, customer friendly
Cons
massive layoff
Poor
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GADecember 3, 2018
None. Everyone had their own opinion what works for one person may not work for someone else. Take the chance see how you like it. You may end up wanting to retire here.
Interesting workplace
Senior Assistant County Attorney (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 28, 2018
From working at DeKalb County I further honed my skills as a litigation attorney. The management believes in employees having a good work and life balance.
Review summary
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 26, 2018
Workplace culture was great. I thoroughly enjoyed the position as well as the work that I did and I did it very well. The co-workers were knowledgeable, easy to work with, helpful and we all had a very good relationship. However, my boss was not very easy to work for. Before my employment, we were very cordial basically friends and but the relationship did not transfer over to a working relationship. Before I came and left there were 6 different people in my position.
Pros
Met and worked with many fascinating people
Cons
Did not feel appreciated for all the hard work that we did
Sanitation job
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  DeKalb County, GANovember 10, 2018
Sanitation is fast pace good workout you can move around just couldn't get overtime. A good start if wanted to get on with the county. Need a better opportunity.
Pros
Good start
Great place to work.
Office Assistant Sr (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 9, 2018
I came to DeKalb County looking for work and got a job that I really enjoy. However, I'm always looking for advancement opportunities within the company and to learn new skills with new job training.
Good Place to Work
Grants Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 30, 2018
DeKalb County is a very good company to work for. I have been privileged to experience great work ethics by most of the employees and have enjoyed benefits and the ability to be trained for whatever job you are assigned to. However due to certain obstacles I have decided to move on

My decision to move on is to experience more challenging opportunities and a environment that fairness is displayed in the work place. My aim is to work in a company where I will be more comfortable and will be able to contribute more in a significant way
Pros
Good Benefits- Work environment not stressful
Cons
Unfair practices
Difficult work environment with poor management
PERMIT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 8, 2018
A typical work day was either 8 or 9 hours, depending on the schedule you chose. The office had a high volume of in-office customers and telephone customers. Management was concerned with quantity instead of quality but would often complain of the quality because we had to concentrate on time and numbers. The workplace culture was that of low office morale. The hardest part of the job was not being properly trained and not have the necessary tools to efficiently do your job. They only enjoyment I got was from some of the friendships I made with my some of my co-workers.
Pros
Got full one-hour lunch, good benefits health, eye, dental, life insurance, worked Monday-Friday, off weekends, paid major holidays, office convenient to public transportation
Cons
Office was short staffed due to people leaving, they would not hire immediately to fill vacancies, stopped getting raises based on performance evaluations, poor managers
I was a Human Resource Assistant
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 2, 2018
This job was temporary job for me at the time, I was an Human Resource Assistant, and I did like this job as well. Again, this job was a great experience for me, I've gotten a chance to learn more about human resource.
Pros
It was more pay if I was permanent, and great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Good place to work.
Enterprise Network Technician (Current Employee) –  DeKalb County, GASeptember 23, 2018
Good place to work. I feel the work I do every day makes a difference to the people we live around and our community. I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important.
average joe
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sycamore, ILJuly 3, 2018
ive just burned out of this job. management argues in front of employees talks badly about others no really business plan. treats people like dogs most days
Family oriented
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 26, 2018
I love this company because it is very warm and family oriented. Everyone loves the Lord and it just feels like home. We all work together as a team and a family.
Too Many Politics
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 20, 2018
While the job itself was a breeze. DeKalb County has a lot of politics that plagues it's department and it makes it difficult to move ahead at this establishment.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Politcis
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 19, 2018
I enjoyed working with DeKalb County because of the flexibility it provided and the extensive training I received to perform duties and responsibilities with ease. Management worked tirelessly with each employee to help them feel relaxed and comfortable with their responsibilities.
Pros
Flexibility and friendliness of staff and management
Cons
N/a
Great people but poor management
Customer Care Lead - Water Disputes (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 18, 2018
They need to pay more and get trained managers. Need to invest in the employees and build a better culture. Help the workers and not just let the public dictate what you should do. Protect the employees as well.
liked the people that I worked with
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 30, 2018
I liked the people that I worked withloved the job loved the area and loved working for the county. the only problem ws the pay rate they just didn't pay enough.
Pros
great company
Cons
pay
Low paying with low morale
In the absence of supervisory management (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAMay 12, 2018
The low pay brings low morale unable to retain good workers. Often overlooked for supervisory positions to a buddy system. When a raise comes so does the health premiums raise.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No raise
DeKalb County
Data Entry clerk (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 4, 2018
Great place to work, benefits and pay are excellent. The people are pleasant and the environment is very professional, you do not work weekends or holidays which is always a plus when finding a job especially when you have kids.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Workplace is educational you can receive a lot of experience on heavy equipment and office work.
Tractor Trailor operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 29, 2018
If hired always have a positive attitude and be ready to learn, there are many beneficial skills to learn there that you can take else where and have the opportunity to make a lot of money.
Pros
Health benefits are amazing you’re able to get your entire family insurance
Cons
Raises are slow to be giving out