DeKalb County, GA Employee Reviews

average joe
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sycamore, ILJuly 3, 2018
ive just burned out of this job. management argues in front of employees talks badly about others no really business plan. treats people like dogs most days
Family oriented
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 26, 2018
I love this company because it is very warm and family oriented. Everyone loves the Lord and it just feels like home. We all work together as a team and a family.
Too Many Politics
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 20, 2018
While the job itself was a breeze. DeKalb County has a lot of politics that plagues it's department and it makes it difficult to move ahead at this establishment.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Politcis
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 19, 2018
I enjoyed working with DeKalb County because of the flexibility it provided and the extensive training I received to perform duties and responsibilities with ease. Management worked tirelessly with each employee to help them feel relaxed and comfortable with their responsibilities.
Pros
Flexibility and friendliness of staff and management
Cons
N/a
liked the people that I worked with
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 30, 2018
I liked the people that I worked withloved the job loved the area and loved working for the county. the only problem ws the pay rate they just didn't pay enough.
Pros
great company
Cons
pay
Low paying with low morale
In the absence of supervisory management (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAMay 12, 2018
The low pay brings low morale unable to retain good workers. Often overlooked for supervisory positions to a buddy system. When a raise comes so does the health premiums raise.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No raise
DeKalb County
Data Entry clerk (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 4, 2018
Great place to work, benefits and pay are excellent. The people are pleasant and the environment is very professional, you do not work weekends or holidays which is always a plus when finding a job especially when you have kids.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Workplace is educational you can receive a lot of experience on heavy equipment and office work.
Tractor Trailor operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 29, 2018
If hired always have a positive attitude and be ready to learn, there are many beneficial skills to learn there that you can take else where and have the opportunity to make a lot of money.
Pros
Health benefits are amazing you’re able to get your entire family insurance
Cons
Raises are slow to be giving out
Overqualified for position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 27, 2018
Overqualified for position. No room for promotion. Most of the people that made more money than myself, was employed on someone they knew and not qualifications.
Pros
Convenient to home
Cons
Poor management
Typical Government Job
Administrative Assistant to the Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILApril 25, 2018
Tax collection time was the busiest time of the year - every June and September we would take care of people at the counter who needed to pay their property tax bills. The rest of the year I felt I didn't have enough work to do. The culture was very rigid. I loved meeting new people, but the hardest part was taking care of angry taxpayers. I was the 911 ETSB Board bookkeeper - that kept me busy for only a few days a month.
Pros
Worked close to home
Cons
Not enough of a challenge for me
Ok place to work
Driver Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 23, 2018
Things are good here the only thing that was kind of bad was the benefits but everything else was great. You can really move up with this job. Lots of advancements and also they help you at every corner and also pushes for you to move up within the company
Fast Paced
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 22, 2018
Quick and ready on your feet all the time. The environment is good, always working. During the elections and etc, we always did our best to keep the lines flowing.
A stable place to work
Leak Truck Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 10, 2018
Culture of work was ok at times, you could learn at lot with the right supervisor on your truck, some days were great and some days were stressful from the time you clocked in to work.
Poor management
Admin (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 25, 2018
unprofessional and poorly managed agency with lots of nepotism and unfair policies. The workplace culture is fear based and full of groups who either accept you or make you feel out of place.
Not
Desk Support Intern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2018
I really enjoyed myself. The job was an intern so it provided me with some real life work experience. It also have me the experience with dealing with software and hardware issues.
Long hours, a lot of work to keep you busy
Sr. Tribunal Court Clerk (Former Employee) –  DeKalb County, GAFebruary 26, 2018
I really enjoyed working there. I learned at lot about the judicial system. It was a very fast paced department, with long hours. Short staffed during the time I was there.
Fleet Service Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAFebruary 25, 2018
For me DeKalb County has been a good place to work. It can be challenging and require you to be disciplined when there is down time. Self motivation and discipline is a key asset.
Benefits
Cons
Being short staffed
I thank God I had the chance to grow and retire
DeKalb county sanitation (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAFebruary 12, 2018
I was a self movatived person fast learner easy to adapt to any job setting . I worked hard stayed to myself did what I was told did play with manager or co worker but loved what I did as a couple worker
The overall culture is in dire need of a cultural shift.
Senior Procurement Agent (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAFebruary 5, 2018
1.) The current administration has set unreasonable and unattainable goals for the department I currently work for.

2.) The current director of purchase is completely out of touch with her entire staff.

3.) There is a disconnect between upper management and mid/lower level employees. This administration does not listen to the people that actually do the work.
Pros
Cons
Poor leadership.
Exciting and very demanding place of work
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAFebruary 3, 2018
This was a fast paste job. I work very hard for them. find waste, abuse and Fraud in the Audit that I performed. And send the audit write up to the Attorney General of DeKalb County for further review.
It was a good place to work except for the politics.
I learnt a lot about how County Government functions.