DeKalb Medical Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Behavioral Health
Behavioral Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 13, 2018
The job was great but there is no advancement and I took a pay cut to work after graduate school. The pay is so poor that it’s near impossible to live. The manager is a narcissist and when does he ever work at DMC rather than his private practice?
Pros
Clinical environment
Cons
Lack of job security and low pay
Register Nurse, Bed Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 6, 2018
My workday consist of managing the beds throughout the facility. Also, working directly with the Administrative Supervisor. Responding to various codes.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Patient Access Rep
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJuly 4, 2018
On a typical day I clock at 630 and get to work, you can tell when we are going to have a stressful night bases of the what the waiting rooms look like. For the last year we have not had enough coverage to run our shift , shift leader sometime help but most don't. The impact of the Emergency can be overwhelming, with the level of care we provide, we get all type of patient from cardiac arrest , gun shot wound, to labor and delivery. The impact to patient access is stressful but we are able to get it done.
Pros
Being able to get he job done at any level
Cons
Not enough staffing, not getting paid enough
Enjoyable place to work
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Auburn, INJuly 2, 2018
I enjoyed my time at DeKalb. I enjoyed helping the patients. I enjoyed most of the coworkers I worked with. I learned a lot of different things while there. My supervisor was great.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
gossip
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Retail Specialist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 1, 2018
This is a very easy position. If you have ever worked in any retail environment you will be successful. Managers do not work directly in the store but you are constantly micro managed.
Pros
Pay roll deduct
Cons
Short breaks no room for advancement in this department
Inpatient Nursing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 24, 2018
DeKalb Medical presented me with an opportunity to work and perfect my craft as a new nurse. This facility encouraged teamwork through monthly team building events held onsite. Management and other staff member participation was key to advancing cohesiveness and building mutual respect. These sessions also improved communication and fostered positivity and cultural sensitivity. As a team member and a new nurse, the job was challenging but enjoyable because it pushed me to strive for better in areas where I needed improvement.
Very good place to work at
Floor Tech/ Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GA 30033June 22, 2018
Management was okay supervisors were the best coworkers or team players they had all the equipment you need it to get jobs done everyone pitched in to finish an emergency job I would go back to that company no hesitation
Pros
Used to get free lunches
Cons
One bad manager he was fired
my review
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 16, 2018
just come in and see whats needs to be done and do it.what I learn how to cook big meal. Management was not good at all . the work place culture there is no culture. the hardest part of the job was coming. the most enjoyable part of job was clocking out .I was on that job for 10 years and for ten years i put up with a lot of favoritism sorry to report bad news just not a fun place to work at .
Pros
na
Cons
na
It was through a temp agency
Sitter/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 12, 2018
It was a great place to work. I am currently working through a temp agency. I want to work there full time as a PCT. My managers did a great job in all of there efforts to make sure my job was complete
n/a
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 11, 2018
Co workers are wonderful. They need invest more in the training of their management. Anyone can become management and still not know what they are doing.
Very stressful and fast pace
Front Desk Information Clerk - Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAMay 30, 2018
I worked in the Gift Shop as a cashier and I stocked the shop as new products came in. Also I placed displayed products on wall and shelves for the public view and buy.
Pros
Easy access in and to the building.
Cons
Hours of employment
Dekalb Medical
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 22, 2018
Very nice establishment to perform clinicals for nursing school. The staff was very helpful and informative and the patients that I provided services to were very encouraging.
Smaller hospital with limited resources
Stroke Program Coordinator/PI Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 19, 2018
Job was good but resources were not there to do job effectively. An interesting place to work and meet other employees. Guidance with patient care issues sometimes lacking for nurses.
Pros
Recognized community hospital
Cons
Lack resources
Great overall patient care
CMA/ Back Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stone Mtn, GAMay 17, 2018
Dekalb medica physicians group at rockbridge family medicine makes you feel like part of the family. The providers encourage you to go further and keep striving for more. The patient care provided is full circle and second to none.
Maybe Emory will make it different
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 17, 2018
When I was at Dekalb, the morale was low. I have been gone for years and not much has changed from what my friends have told me. Maybe with Emory taking over, DMC will be a better place to work.
fast paced legal and medical environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASST/DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at DMC for the Risk Manager. It was a challenging job but I loved learning the legal aspects of the hospital environment. I was able to work with all the different departments and Administrators which provided me with the opportunity to explore the different aspects of health care.
work was always productive
RN (Former Employee) –  DeKalb County, GAMay 17, 2018
different areas to be expose and different setting
work was productive, patient safety was maintained, staff worked together to make productivity positive on a daily basis
Pros
great experience
Cons
high acutiy
A Day in Health care
Mammographer (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAMay 16, 2018
I worked over 10 years in Healthcare. I enjoyed the time spent and helping patients battle illnesses and assisting Radiologist in diagnosis ing conditions.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 7, 2018
DeKalb is a great place to work but could use a lot of re-education. the staff should learn how to utilize teamwork more to ensure the best safety practices.
Pros
pay
Cons
staff
I enjoy working at Dekalb Medical and i love my patient,that what movtivated me to come to work
Certified Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 3, 2018
on a typical day at DeKalb Medical if the right people came in that morning it was a good day,But OMG if the one s that only there for a pay check be ready,whilel there the 11 years I learn a lot,different skills,educational,how to become a good PCT
Pros
Communicate with patient
Cons
dont make patient feel that they not first