Del-Air Employee Reviews

A company that is still in the 80's on treatment
Commercial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FlJune 13, 2019
Worked for this company for 10 plus years, I was considered sales. Very biased manager lots of leads went to her favorite people (her daughter included) people doing same job in sales not making same commissions.
I wouldnt work for this company again. There were alot if weeks my take home was $125.00 Not many can make it on that.
Pros
Company car
Cons
No benefits
Poor management
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLApril 18, 2019
This job would be a lot Better if management didn’t ignore their employees and cared. Upper execs didn’t care how poorly managers treated staff. My manager created a hostile environment.
Pros
Flexible time off
Cons
Managers don’t care
Was Different
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLApril 30, 2018
Not much to say. It was hard and easy work when you got the hang of things. But it was a good place to work and learn new skills. For everyday use at home.
stressful
Rough-in installer (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 17, 2018
A typical day at del-air is working and realizing that you're immensely being underpaid for the amount of work you do compared to opposing a/c companies.
Pros
They have work
Cons
They underpay you
would not recommend
temp helper (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 28, 2017
my experience there was not a good one i was hired as a temp to hire and was let go after a 9 month high rise job. there were sketchy individuals you worked with poor management
Pros
its a job
Cons
no screening employees
Serviice Tech
Residential Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLNovember 6, 2017
Ran service calls for residential hvac customers. maintained work van and supplied vehicle with components to complete service calls. I repaired residential hvac systems and made sure customers were happy with my serivce.
relax
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 2, 2017
it was relax and friendly. It was outgoing calls,sometimes I got a sell and sometimes I didnt. We help and learn from each other. The customers wer e
Very good entry job
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLDecember 6, 2016
It was very good to work here. Learned a lot about the Industry from my supervisor. The bad thing is when you wanna transfer somewhere they will tell you yes and it never happens, or they say you need a degree in something when they will hire someone that doesn't have one . Seems like there is no advancement in this company.
Pros
Great entry level job
Cons
No pkave to advance in the company
They dont treat people right
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 11, 2016
Its was good at first. But after awhile it went down hill. They were not paying for some of the jobs I did. But in return my buddy did teach me a lot a lot Electrical work.
Screwed up management
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLOctober 7, 2014
If you want your pay to be screwed with EVERY week, then this is the place for you. If you like no accountability then this is your place. They pay a lady to take as much of your bid time as possible. That is really her job. Management is so bad it is ridiculous. They will tell you anything they think you want to hear and will not change their policies, no mater how bad they are, because they don't want to rock the boat. They all fear for their jobs. They forget, and don't care, that it is the service techs who make their paychecks.
Pros
it is impossible to get fired so they don't have to pay unemployment
Productive and Interesting Workplace
Install Secretary / Fleet Admin (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLMarch 31, 2014
Didn't work there long and was laid off because of the housing crisis. Co-workers and management were fine.
Hard work but a good time
A.C. mechanic, / Shop- Inventory and parts runner (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 6, 2013
I worked a couple different positions, so its hard to say what a typical day at work was like. There was no such thing as typical. I did learn a great deal about warehouse operations, installation and trim carpentry for a.c. units and service work, and how to listen and work with other managers and co-workers. Co-workers there are like people, some of them will really work with you as a team to get the job done, then some just dont seem to care at all. Hardest part of the job was the temperature and in the warehouse, just dealing with late shipments, or incorrect ones, that and paper work. Best part of the job was getting it done, and feeling good that you did. Doing your job right.
benefits
Cons
hours, seems that upper management did not really care about you
good pay, nice people
Scanner and Reconciliations (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJanuary 28, 2013
Del-air is a good company that is willing to work with you with your hours and and schedule.
Pros
good pay, decent hours
Good Place To work, Large Company
INSTALL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 18, 2012
Large Company, Fast paced, Upper Management does a Great job of watching out for employee needs.
Pros
the ability to aspire on your own.
Cons
large company, some things fall through the cracks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Del-Air. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6