DEL MAR COLLEGE Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
table games, puzzles, fill in the blanks, etc.
Lab Assistant -Spanish tutoring-Foreign Languages (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 28, 2018
Working in Del Mar College Foreign Languages Lab, I enjoyed practicing Spanish with the students. They were taking Spanish classes. I did some activities and games with them.
Pros
I could work the hours I could while I was studying, for example
Cons
That job was a part-time for students.
Great place to start a career
Student Success Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 25, 2018
Great place to improve technological, public speaking, and getting involved in the community. Inspiring and wonderful guests and opportunities to meet and network
Pros
great collaboration with other organizations
Cons
Great place to work temp while going to school
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 23, 2018
If your a student and looking for a part time job this would be great for you.
Flexible schedule and a little extra income.
Everyone is very nice and helpful
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Pay and not enough hours
Steady paced work area with something to always do
Call Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 16, 2017
Work for the most part is very passive with a few rush moments. I learned the basics to working within an office setting and the amount of work that goes into getting registered for college. The management was very considerate when working with my hours for school and work, but there are a few mandatory work days through out the year. The workplace culture is very family orientated and they try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. The hardest part of this job is the occasional irate caller who is demanding and is beyond the point of a peaceful resolution, but the best part of the job was the praises that you received when a caller is completely satisfied and then goes on to inform your superiors of the great job you did.
Pros
Flexible hours, decent pay, friendly environment
Cons
No benefits, no pay raises, and occasional in office rumors
Great learning experience
Aviation Technician Helper (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 14, 2017
i worked here on the work study program and it turned out to be a great way to make a little extra money while attending college. although there were no benefits and not enough hours to support a family it was a great experience.
Fun workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 2, 2017
Great place to work. I only tutored there but it was great. Friendly environment. I was asked to tutor a few students Math, Physics, and Chemistry. i really Liked it.
Worked with my school schedule and treated me with respect.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 25, 2017
I was treated fairly and was able to finish my associate's degree while working there.The work environment was fast paced at times but I never felt stressed out.
My Dream Job
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 20, 2017
Working in a community college and teaching students from all walks of life is the most satisfying work I've ever done. My goal is to return to teaching adults again after I "retire."
Great
Outreach Aid (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 10, 2017
Loved worked at Del Mar.
Worked with students daily complete their files and apply for school
Met people from all around the Coastal Bend.
Everyone in the office is friendly, nice, always willing to answer questions or lend a helping hand.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low pay.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 20, 2017
excellent place to work I really enjoyed working there and seeing the people I worked with everyday. my employer made it so relaxing and also made it easy to get the job done
Pros
free lunches
fun place to work
Shop Hand (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 15, 2017
worked for a semester. Didn't pay well but it was a fun first job to have. We worked hard tearing down and building sets. For the work that was put in i don't think that position paid enough. But again, its a great, flexible and fun job for a college student.
Pros
flexible with your school schedule, fun enviornment
Cons
low pay wages, by a semester-to-semester basis.
Part time employee
Lead Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 4, 2017
I am a part time employee at Del Mar College. This places limits on what Del Mar College can do or will do for me as a staff member. I enjoy my position as a tutor with Del Mar College and my long term goal is to move into a full time teaching position with the college.
Pros
relaxed work environment
Cons
surrounded by liberals
Radiology Student
Radiologic Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 28, 2017
Teachers were amazing, quality of education was equally as great. The clinical experience that was offered and required in the program has been the most helpful because it gives you hands on experience with patients, doctors, and other medical staff.
Great learning experience.
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78404July 26, 2017
flexible classes schedule, great instructors. I learned a lot within the few years spent here. The hardest part of the school was leaving it. Made great connections.
Fun and Enjoyable Place to work. Good Experience
Mathematics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 17, 2017
It is a enjoyable place to work and gain work experience. I learned how to tutor people and how to communication effectively.To include different mathematical principles.
Pros
Easy work
Great Environment
GED Instructor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 12, 2017
I enjoy the working with the department that I am employed in. I enjoy being a part of an environment that educates people and gives them the opportunity to better their lives
Student Driver
Truck Driver trainee (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 27, 2017
This was a student based training program that prepped and readied students to earn their CDL Class A license. Very well run program for the cost of tuition.
I worked with other departments which was very good.
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 26, 2017
I had good experience dealing with other departments that proved very beneficial for myself and the members of department.
I found it difficult getting cooperation with my peers because of the tone set in the department.
Management was somewhat difficult.
Pros
Very flexible work conditions.
Cons
Sharing knowledge within department was difficult.
Fun and productive team
ASSISTANT/FEATURE EDITOR (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 8, 2017
Great team, improved my writing, designing and desktop publishing skills. I received numerous awards which honored my design layout of the print publication. I was also award 2 scholarships and a 10-week summer internship at a Texas daily newspaper.

The newspaper staff and I were dedicated in bringing the news to the college campus and looked forward to journalism conventions throughout the year. The conventions featured useful information which help shaped the newspaper's quality and reputation.
Pros
Great newspaper staff
Cons
College work study
Great place for students to work.
Federal Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 1, 2017
If you are a student and you want a make a bit of extra money for yourself and you qualify for financial aide, then federal work study is great for you.